Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 09:09 PM

735 posts, read 656,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
That was before open borders, abolishing prisons, student loan forgiveness, Medicaid for all, universal basic income, 95 genders, and mostly peaceful rioting became mainstream democrat principles.
You know you’re on the right side of history when you think people getting healthcare and a basic income so they don’t literally die is something that’s going to destroy society

Old 11-30-2020, 09:09 PM

32,133 posts, read 15,129,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
I don't know for a fact but if I were to listen to many who seem to be laying out all that Biden has plans of messing with and reversing and what not. I hope he WON"T mess with my Medicare setup. Right now I have a back up plan that backs up Medicare covering ALL that Medicare only covers their 80% I pray he won't mess with that and levy that crap Obummer care crap and mess my healthcare up

I sure do hope he doesn't mess up my low taxation setup as I'm on my Social Security but as we all know that does NOT cover all of one's typical monthly expenses in life. So I have a little business I run out of my home office that generates maybe in a good year as much as $30k, which allows me to build up a small savings for emergencies and go out to dinner once in a while with wifey. But if I'm not mistaken the setup Trump put in place allowed a set tax deduction that allowed me to owe very little (contrary to those that think it's only the rich that benefitted). I'm praying Biden won't jack me up on that as well by removing that but levying a more egregious tax on me.

I may not be a liberal, and I may not be excited to see tons of immigrants that do NOT bring with them talents and abilities and willingness to work but rather interested in freebies being handed out to them in droves such as free medical care, EBT cards to feed and clothe them, free education and lunches for their kids, and free college tuition from here on out for all. These funds are not going to just get printed. They have to come out of someone's pockets, and it's NOT going to just be the rich let's face it. I'm afraid in their fervor the Liberals have punched holes in the very fabric of how this country functions correctly. I know what will be will be I get that. I wish it were possible (although I have my doubts) that things will be basically just fine for all of us and we'll all get over it and the economy will be fine and continue to grow and there will be world peace..........yeah.......right. Israel is likely going to have to turn Iran into a parking lot.
Biden is going to once again suck up to the European Union and such and we'll be the one's footing the bill once again. And needless to say Biden will hug and make up with his buddy (who he owes big time) in China. Oy vey this can't be good.
It will be fine. How exactly has this affected you personally? If you don't have friends then who's going to have your back in times of crisis. Everyone needs friends because they look after each other. This is the same with countries.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:10 PM

20,891 posts, read 9,595,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If you had a job in insurance you got screwed royally. I'm sure you could care less by your posting history.
And if you had a job in health care your business boomed big time.

But that's totally besides the point, because Obamacare has been the law of the land for several years now, and thus a Biden presidency isn't going to re-do what was already done several years ago.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:11 PM

1,969 posts, read 546,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgorilla View Post
What are the 95 genders?
its up to like 10 alphabet letters....and growing.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:13 PM

4,524 posts, read 1,876,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgorilla View Post
What are the 95 genders?
I saw someone on LinkedIn yesterday, a corporate exec who had “she/her” written before their name and then I proceeded to stare at their profile pic for a good 3 minutes wondering if they had a penis...I eventually snapped out of it after realizing I had been sucked into the democrat clown world.

That would have been standup comedy material in 2008....

20,891 posts, read 9,595,625 times
Quote:
Dude you can’t be serious.

I voted straight democrat in 2008 by the way.
I repeat: There is nothing the democrats are promoting now that they weren't promoting 4-12 years ago.

A lot of the items in your list aren't even ones being advocated by Biden.

29,223 posts, read 22,430,874 times
Joe Biden won't mess with Medicare. If anything, I expect he will expand it and close some of the loopholes in the ACA law, including drug prices, possibly, but everything will make it more affordable because there will be a larger base paying into it.
I doubt he will make radical changes, but he will push for some modernization of the law that will trim out the unneeded stuff.

He was part of the Obamacare team when the law was written and passed, and he knows how popular it's been. The original law had some compromises in it that were created to get it passed, and some no longer apply, while others applied to the medical community at that time that no longer exist as they were back then.

I have no idea what Biden intends regarding immigration, but I hope the White House and Congress can get together under his administration and finally come up with some very much needed updating of our immigration laws and regulations.

Immigration hs needed reform for at least 30 years or more, but one administration after another has kicked it down the road, along with every Congress, for all that time. It was always complicated, but all this prolonged neglect only made it more so.

I hope something comprehensive gets done this time.

While I believed Trump had the completely wrong approach, I appreciated the fact he was the first President since Carter who actually wanted to do something about our antiquated and too-arcane immigration laws.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:14 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,643,159 times
Quote:
That was before open borders, abolishing prisons, student loan forgiveness, Medicaid for all, universal basic income, 95 genders, and mostly peaceful rioting became mainstream democrat principles.
And yet everything you have listed doesn't exist.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:16 PM

4,524 posts, read 1,876,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
And yet everything you have listed doesn't exist.
Correct, Republicans have done a reasonable job delaying the inevitable.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:16 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,537,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It's unbelievable people already forget we had a democratic president for 8 years ending just 4 years ago. *shakes head*

Did Obama destroy your life? If he did, then you can expect Biden to do the same.

If he didn't, you can also expect Biden to do the same.

It's simply amazing some people act as if we haven't had a democratic president in, like, many decades or something, and so the prospect of one is some sort of complete unknown and the sky is gonna fall and blah blah blah.
The Obama years were without a doubt the worst of my life in a multitude of ways. Especially financially.

You can't compare the democratic party of today even to that of the 90's. The party has shifted to the extreme left, with many dems openly espousing marxism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies