Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 08:50 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,758,372 times

Advertisements

I don't know for a fact but if I were to listen to many who seem to be laying out all that Biden has plans of messing with and reversing and what not. I hope he WON"T mess with my Medicare setup. Right now I have a back up plan that backs up Medicare covering ALL that Medicare only covers their 80% I pray he won't mess with that and levy that crap Obummer care crap and mess my healthcare up

I sure do hope he doesn't mess up my low taxation setup as I'm on my Social Security but as we all know that does NOT cover all of one's typical monthly expenses in life. So I have a little business I run out of my home office that generates maybe in a good year as much as $30k, which allows me to build up a small savings for emergencies and go out to dinner once in a while with wifey. But if I'm not mistaken the setup Trump put in place allowed a set tax deduction that allowed me to owe very little (contrary to those that think it's only the rich that benefitted). I'm praying Biden won't jack me up on that as well by removing that but levying a more egregious tax on me.

I may not be a liberal, and I may not be excited to see tons of immigrants that do NOT bring with them talents and abilities and willingness to work but rather interested in freebies being handed out to them in droves such as free medical care, EBT cards to feed and clothe them, free education and lunches for their kids, and free college tuition from here on out for all. These funds are not going to just get printed. They have to come out of someone's pockets, and it's NOT going to just be the rich let's face it. I'm afraid in their fervor the Liberals have punched holes in the very fabric of how this country functions correctly. I know what will be will be I get that. I wish it were possible (although I have my doubts) that things will be basically just fine for all of us and we'll all get over it and the economy will be fine and continue to grow and there will be world peace..........yeah.......right. Israel is likely going to have to turn Iran into a parking lot. Biden is going to once again suck up to the European Union and such and we'll be the one's footing the bill once again. And needless to say Biden will hug and make up with his buddy (who he owes big time) in China. Oy vey this can't be good.

Old 11-30-2020, 08:53 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,196,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
I don't know for a fact but if I were to listen to many who seem to be laying out all that Biden has plans of messing with and reversing and what not. I hope he WON"T mess with my Medicare setup. Right now I have a back up plan that backs up Medicare covering ALL that Medicare only covers their 80% I pray he won't mess with that and levy that crap Obummer care crap and mess my healthcare up

I sure do hope he doesn't mess up my low taxation setup as I'm on my Social Security but as we all know that does NOT cover all of one's typical monthly expenses in life. So I have a little business I run out of my home office that generates maybe in a good year as much as $30k, which allows me to build up a small savings for emergencies and go out to dinner once in a while with wifey. But if I'm not mistaken the setup Trump put in place allowed a set tax deduction that allowed me to owe very little (contrary to those that think it's only the rich that benefitted). I'm praying Biden won't jack me up on that as well by removing that but levying a more egregious tax on me.

I may not be a liberal, and I may not be excited to see tons of immigrants that do NOT bring with them talents and abilities and willingness to work but rather interested in freebies being handed out to them in droves such as free medical care, EBT cards to feed and clothe them, free education and lunches for their kids, and free college tuition from here on out for all. These funds are not going to just get printed. They have to come out of someone's pockets, and it's NOT going to just be the rich let's face it. I'm afraid in their fervor the Liberals have punched holes in the very fabric of how this country functions correctly. I know what will be will be I get that. I wish it were possible (although I have my doubts) that things will be basically just fine for all of us and we'll all get over it and the economy will be fine and continue to grow and there will be world peace..........yeah.......right. Israel is likely going to have to turn Iran into a parking lot. Biden is going to once again suck up to the European Union and such and we'll be the one's footing the bill once again. And needless to say Biden will hug and make up with his buddy (who he owes big time) in China. Oy vey this can't be good.
All we can do is pray both republicans win in Georgia Otherwise Biden will mess it up

Old 11-30-2020, 08:53 PM

4,507 posts, read 1,862,401 times
If Republicans lose control of the Senate and you aren’t:

Rich
Black
On drugs
A felon
An illegal immigrant

Then yes, your life is about to get much worse.

Old 11-30-2020, 08:54 PM

1,065 posts, read 471,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
But if I'm not mistaken the setup Trump put in place allowed a set tax deduction that allowed me to owe very little (contrary to those that think it's only the rich that benefitted). I'm praying Biden won't jack me up on that as well by removing that but levying a more egregious tax on me.
You'll pay more in taxes down the road, but not because of Biden. Trump's tax plan gradually increases taxes on individuals between 2021 and 2027 at which point your tax burden may be higher than it was in 2017. However corporate taxes do stay low so we'll benefit from that greatly.

Old 11-30-2020, 08:55 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,178,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
If Republicans lose control of the Senate and you aren’t:

Rich
Black
On drugs
A felon
An illegal immigrant

Then yes, your life is about to get much worse.
That about sums it up

Old 11-30-2020, 08:56 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times
Biden won't, he is irrelevant. The Dems will though if GA goes their way in the Senate.

Old 11-30-2020, 08:57 PM

20,864 posts, read 9,529,660 times
It's unbelievable people already forget we had a democratic president for 8 years ending just 4 years ago. *shakes head*

Did Obama destroy your life? If he did, then you can expect Biden to do the same.

If he didn't, you can also expect Biden to do the same.

It's simply amazing some people act as if we haven't had a democratic president in, like, many decades or something, and so the prospect of one is some sort of complete unknown and the sky is gonna fall and blah blah blah.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:01 PM

4,507 posts, read 1,862,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It's unbelievable people already forget we had a democratic president for 8 years ending just 4 years ago. *shakes head*

Did Obama destroy your life? If he did, then you can expect Biden to do the same.

If he didn't, you can also expect Biden to do the same.

It's simply amazing some people act as if we haven't had a democratic president in, like, many decades or something, and so the prospect of one is some sort of complete unknown and the sky is gonna fall and blah blah blah.
That was before open borders, abolishing prisons, student loan forgiveness, Medicaid for all, universal basic income, 95 genders, and mostly peaceful rioting became mainstream democrat principles.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:02 PM

1,065 posts, read 471,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

Did Obama destroy your life?
No, but Trump made it so I don't have to pay taxes on my business income and wages.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:03 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,178,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
The absurdity of this comment made me laugh out loud. Talk about alternative universes...
All of us sitting here laughed like hell at his comment as well lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies