Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 12:25 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,030 times

Advertisements

You have three groups:

1. The establishment Republicans like Romney and Susan Collins along with many Republican state officials in places like Pennsylvania and Georgia. This group downplayed any "voter fraud" allegations as soon as it became obvious there was zero evidence to back up the claims.

2. You have the grifters and enablers like Tucker Carlson and McConnell that were willing to entertain voter fraud conspiracies insofar as it helped them gain power, but were smart enough to know that it's all BS. It's more than likely that this groups goal was to go along with Trump until the Georgia election in order to keep the MAGA-heads engaged and willing to vote. It's all about maintaining political power for this group.

3. Then you have the true MAGA believers like Sidney Powell, Lin Wood, Hannity, etc., that are willing to entertain any fantastical conspiracy about the election. This group would be more than happy to blow up the entire Republican party if their ideology could be advanced.

The interesting split here is between groups 2 and 3 because they were really the same group a few weeks ago. You have some far right conservatives in group 2 that are now freaking out because Sidney Powell is telling people not vote for the Republicans in Georgia and people are chanting "lock him up" in reference to Brian Kemp. The far-right Daily Caller is now running hit pieces on Lin Wood and Rudy Giuliani is saying that Powell does not represent the president.

The more group 2 aligns with group 1 the less group 3 likes group 2. The more group 2 aligns with group 3 the less group 1 likes group 2. Republicans have somehow manufactured a situation where they are alienating both the MAGA-heads and the suburban establishment at the same time.

I have to say that Republicans deserve this for four years of Trumpism. The chickens are coming home to roost in a big way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2020, 01:56 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Not surprising. It’s high time that the Republicans let go of the false claims. The people have spoken. Let the country move forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Yeah they did. The 'Crats own Antifa and BLM.
Isn’t Antifa anti-government? How would they be affiliated with any party?

BLM is not a Democratic creation either although the organization seems to have created ties with them later.

Neither of them were “unleashed” by anyone.

Old 12-05-2020, 02:02 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
There may or may not be fraud. I simply don't care because of the right suing in states that legalized marijuana to have the voter's voices thrown out. I'm not going to go out of my way to defend a party that doesn't respect the wishes of the majority. Gridlock is fine by me. Keep both these parties from having free reign. They're both statist nannies.

Old 12-05-2020, 05:36 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
I think you left out group #4 - Republicans that think the old adage where there’s smoke, there’s fire is a probably a good way to describe the situation but recognize there is little that can be done over the presidential election and Joe Biden will be the president. Their main concern is that it’s going to happen again in the Georgia senate races. They are already hearing, directly from Mr. Biden, Ms. Pelosi, and Mr. Schumer, what will happen if that comes to fruition - 11 million illegal immigrants granted citizenship, the return of the transgender bathroom debacles, immediate $50K student loan forgiveness, re-shackled by the Paris Climate Accord, court packing, end of the filibuster, hints of potential draconian lockdowns, and a return of an “America Last” policy. The words Chuck Schumer used were, 'Now we take Georgia, then we change America'. It has nothing to do with power and everything to do the destruction of every fundamental value we have ever held.

We are terrified and wish to God someone would muzzle Lin Wood and Sidney Powell.

Old 12-05-2020, 05:48 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I think you left out group #4 - Republicans that think the old adage where there’s smoke, there’s fire is a probably a good way to describe the situation but recognize there is little that can be done over the presidential election and Joe Biden will be the president. Their main concern is that it’s going to happen again in the Georgia senate races. They are already hearing, directly from Mr. Biden, Ms. Pelosi, and Mr. Schumer, what will happen if that comes to fruition - 11 million illegal immigrants granted citizenship, the return of the transgender bathroom debacles, immediate $50K student loan forgiveness, re-shackled by the Paris Climate Accord, court packing, end of the filibuster, hints of potential draconian lockdowns, and a return of an “America Last” policy. The words Chuck Schumer used were, 'Now we take Georgia, then we change America'. It has nothing to do with power and everything to do the destruction of every fundamental value we have ever held.

We are terrified and wish to God someone would muzzle Lin Wood and Sidney Powell.
This is the value in going forward with these hearings and letting the Democrat cheats know that we know their tactics - closing down at 10 pm for a non-existent water leak, sending Republicans home under the lie that counting is stopped for the night, and then feeding thousands of ballots hidden under tables into the machines at midnight without anyone observing. Neither will they be able to have 10,000 Biden-only ballots delivered (or however many they determine they need) at 4 a.m.

I’m assuming that one needs to be a Georgia resident to observe the count. Otherwise, I’d volunteer to drive down there.

Old 12-05-2020, 05:49 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
And the Democrats have unleashed two domestic terror organizations onto the populace that they've lost control over. Seems like they have their own chickens to deal with.

Seems like you'd rather deflect things off topic.

Old 12-05-2020, 05:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
This is the value in going forward with these hearings and letting the Democrat cheats know that we know their tactics - closing down at 10 pm for a non-existent water leak, sending Republicans home under the lie that counting is stopped for the night, and then feeding thousands of ballots hidden under tables into the machines at midnight without anyone observing. Neither will they be able to have 10,000 Biden-only ballots delivered (or however many they determine they need) at 4 a.m.

I’m assuming that one needs to be a Georgia resident to observe the count. Otherwise, I’d volunteer to drive down there.

And how many of those alleged tactics have been documented to have actually happened by credible sources? Links?

Old 12-05-2020, 06:03 AM

1,231 posts, read 448,808 times
In the # 3 category these Republicans are willing to go ahead and destroy America and the Constitution and democracy all for the sake of Trump becoming their emperor or king and are willing to lie at any cost to turn America into a fascist state.

Old 12-05-2020, 06:06 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And how many of those alleged tactics have been documented to have actually happened by credible sources? Links?
You’re saying that GA didn’t close down the count at 10 pm under the guise of a water pipe burst? And that four Democrats remained, got the hidden ballots from under the table, and fed them through the machines with no Republicans observing? And that by the next morning, Trump’s victory has evaporated? GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON FOR THE DEMS TO LIE ABOUT THE WATER LEAK IN ORDER TO STOP COUNTING at 10 pm!

And that there weren’t 138,000 votes dumped at 4 am in which all went for Biden? (Forgot which swing state this was done, in order to reverse Trump’s lead in the wee hours of the night.) IMPOSSIBLE.

Democrats despise America so much, and are so intent on destroying it, that they cheated their way to a win in order to install a radical leftist (Harris) as president within six months.

Old 12-05-2020, 06:09 AM

1,231 posts, read 448,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

These are unsupported claims with no basis in reality. The "water leak" happened the morning of the election. All parties have explained but you refuse to listen to the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies