Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 05:18 PM

1,049 posts, read 654,949 times

Advertisements

There is just too much selfish thinking and to be honest too much sports team like thinking in this country. Nearly everything is political and is evaluated based on two things

1) Do I benefit personally?
2) Does this benefit my kind or my political team?

This is the type of thinking that allows for politics to remain not working for the common people, COVID-19 to run rampant with no plan to control it, Climate Change to run rampant with no plan to control it, government gridlock, and crime and increased political violence across both urban and rural areas in our country.

Political debate in this country is like a two kids fighting over who gets to play with the sandbox and then nothing gets done to resolve the conflict so one kid urinates in it. Now no one gets to play in the sandbox or if they do it is a mess of urine and sand that stinks and is messy.

In order to get us back on track it is time to say it isn't about me it is about my country. It is time to be a real patriot instead of just projecting your views into a fictional idea of what a true patriot is.

Old 12-05-2020, 05:37 PM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post
There is just too much selfish thinking and to be honest too much sports team like thinking in this country. Nearly everything is political and is evaluated based on two things

This is the type of thinking that allows for politics to remain not working for the common people, COVID-19 to run rampant with no plan to control it, Climate Change to run rampant with no plan to control it, government gridlock, and crime and increased political violence across both urban and rural areas in our country.

Political debate in this country is like a two kids fighting over who gets to play with the sandbox and then nothing gets done to resolve the conflict so one kid urinates in it. Now no one gets to play in the sandbox or if they do it is a mess of urine and sand that stinks and is messy.

In order to get us back on track it is time to say it isn't about me it is about my country. It is time to be a real patriot instead of just projecting your views into a fictional idea of what a true patriot is.
Well......................... if you are a democrat, and it sounds like you are, your party has turned the phrase,

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" 180 degrees and has sought to use the US government as a grand scale pork fund to buy votes.

The US used to stress individualism and independence; the democrat party discourages independent thought and survives only by cultivating a large cohort of citizens dependent on the federal government for thier existence.

Old 12-05-2020, 05:41 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,423,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well......................... if you are a democrat, and it sounds like you are, your party has turned the phrase,

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" 180 degrees and has sought to use the US government as a grand scale pork fund to buy votes.

The US used to stress individualism and independence; the democrat party discourages independent thought and survives only by cultivating a large cohort of citizens dependent on the federal government for thier existence.
The bolded is pretty laughable when basically the whole R party currently doesn't tolerate any independent dissension from the dear leader's delusional fantasies and lies.

Old 12-05-2020, 05:42 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,201,601 times
Quote:

Amen!

Old 12-05-2020, 05:43 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,201,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The bolded is pretty laughable when basically the whole R party currently doesn't tolerate any independent dissension from the dear leader's delusional fantasies and lies.
Democrats allow no one to think different...

Old 12-05-2020, 05:44 PM

6,419 posts, read 8,285,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
Democrats allow no one to think different...
Uh oh, DEEP STATE/thought police...

Old 12-05-2020, 05:46 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,449,477 times
Quote:

Then why are Republicans trying to out the 25 Republican congressmen who disagree with Trump's assessment of the election?

Old 12-05-2020, 05:46 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,298,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post

Sorry - the two parties can't compromise on anything because their goals are polar opposites. So even the definition of patriotism is up for debate these days. To the right it means what it always has. To the left it means - we are trashing every bit of history we don't like, and we are "cancel culturing" and silencing everyone who we don't like.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:35 PM

1,049 posts, read 654,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Sorry - the two parties can't compromise on anything because their goals are polar opposites. So even the definition of patriotism is up for debate these days. To the right it means what it always has. To the left it means - we are trashing every bit of history we don't like, and we are "cancel culturing" and silencing everyone who we don't like.
Don't some on the right do the same thing? Anything that Trump states is followed and anyone who doesn't do as he states are morally wrong. Yes, some on the left take cancel culture too far, but isn't trying to cancel people from the party who don't support 100% Donald Trump or 100% White Conservative culture the same as cancel culture? Something to think about.

No one has the moral high ground obviously, but too many people think they do. No one listens to anyone else and that is part of the reason why we may end up losing 500k Americans to a virus by the end of January. That is part of the reason why people are floating ideas of civil unrest or worse on this forum. That is part of the reason why our Legislative Branch is not working the way it is.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:45 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,889,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Ding ding ding we have a winner. A classic hardliner response. But but but your party, while ignoring the past 12 years. LOL. I love it. I really do.

Disagree with Obama? You are a racist.

Disagree with Hillary? You are a Sexist.

The party of class warfare wore out the race card and the sex card on anyone who simply disagreed. Let us not forget the xenophobe card as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.