Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 12:03 PM

1,037 posts, read 435,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
No, that is hearing argument. That is not the presentation of evidence

If you have a law degree, which I suspect you do not, time to give it back if you don't understand this very basic concept
Oh my what do I do now? An argument is presenting the facts of law that are the subject of a Certiorari grant. I am fully aware my dear of trial evidence and appeal evidence applications.

Maybe you need to give back your degree you got out the cracker jack box.

P.S. I respect Ralph's opinion, he's smart, you are not.

Last edited by LTU2; 12-15-2020 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 12:22 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,526,493 times
Take a deep breath and think.

yes New Mexico can sue Texas and have it go to the US Supreme Court- They both have to have an issue central to them to have standing. It only makes sense that if they filed in a state court that the home state would have an advantage.

NM and Texas both had their water involved. That gave them standing.

Texas has no standing to check the internal voting mechanisms of Georgia any more than they have of the Georgia Republic.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
..yes New Mexico can sue Texas and have it go to the US Supreme Court- They both have to have an issue central to them to have standing. It only makes sense that if they filed in a state court that the home state would have an advantage.
You can bet though the state not seeking a remedy would petition it for removal to the USSC as an original jurisdiction/authority case.

Old 12-16-2020, 10:14 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTU2 View Post
Oh my what do I do now?
It's probably best to walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTU2 View Post
An argument is presenting the facts of law that are the subject of a Certiorari grant.
Which is not relevant here. Do let us know when you come to understand the meaning of "court of original jurisdiction."

Hint: No writ is necessary for a court of original jurisdiction.

Old 12-16-2020, 10:36 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryclaire View Post
The only reason the courts are refusing to listen to any of the lawsuits is that they do not want to deal with it and they do not want Donald Trump to be elected President.

If they wanted President Trump to remain in office, they would listen to the evidence instead of making up excuses like no standing...I guess Georgia is going to have to prosecute themselves to have any standing.
Actually they aren't listening because they have to represent The Constitution of the United States.

Old 12-16-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
why was none of this evidence presented in the several dozen cases so far?

Oh that's right, it doesn't exist

It's over

It was a fair election.

Biden won and Trump lost. Period
What are you talking about? There were no other cases. Texas only sued in SC.

Old 12-16-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Thread of the year.

Just to help out. I read this week that Texas sued New Mexico over a water issue.

The SC heard that one and ruled in favor of NM.

This would be an example of a state suing a state and making it to the SC.

If some can explain it may help with understanding.
The compact was related to the Rio Grande Project, a federal program.

Old 12-16-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Which is not relevant here. Do let us know when you come to understand the meaning of "court of original jurisdiction."

Hint: No writ is necessary for a court of original jurisdiction.
Cross thinking, I meant Bill of Complaint, just as was filed in the Ohio/Kentucky River dispute, you have never typed something while thinking of something else?

Old 12-16-2020, 07:45 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
What are you talking about? There were no other cases. Texas only sued in SC.
did you bother to look at the post I was replying to and which I quoted in mine? That person referenced the several dozen other suits filed by and on behalf of Trump, not just the Texas case. Like any other conversation, threads in a discussion thread rarely remain strictly and explicitly on topic

Old 12-16-2020, 07:54 PM

Quote:
did you bother to look at the post I was replying to and which I quoted in mine? That person referenced the several dozen other suits filed by and on behalf of Trump, not just the Texas case. Like any other conversation, threads in a discussion thread rarely remain strictly and explicitly on topic
Which other case did the court claim "no standing" as the poster that you quoted discussed? Or did you conveniently skip over that part?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies