Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 07:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,975,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I didn't say it would be a peaceful split. I said it was possible. It's possible for rational people. But you are right, one side isn't all that rational (case in point... all last summer). So? What to do...
It's not the least bit possible.

Unlike during the civil war, the red states were all located in a specific area - the south - and they split off to attempt to secure their desire to hold slaves, and have everyone else fight and die in an attempt to keep their plantations.

Now, the Red states themselves are divided. There's NO WAY you could draw a geographic line down the US and split us Republicans and Democrats. Thank God, because honestly, you right wingers would attempt to split our country in half again for your own benefit.

Last edited by ClaraC; 12-13-2020 at 07:24 PM..

Old 12-13-2020, 07:19 PM

254 posts, read 114,418 times
They are also some of the poorest states

Old 12-13-2020, 07:24 PM

13,693 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patridge5 View Post
Aside from logistics, it isn't as black and white as people on this forum are always implying. What people describe as a "red" state isn't 100% red, Texas for example had 48% of it's citizens vote for Biden.

Bottom line, nobody is seceding. All that talk is the usual rhetoric that pops up every four years from the same folks who stormed off with their ball as children.

Exactly. And why in heaven's name are people paying attention to the words of Mr. West? Why did he forsake Florida for Texas, anyway?

I will also point out, as a lifelong Texan, this: our legislature meets every two years. In the two months leading up to the session, legislatures submit thousands of bills (I think 4 to 5 thousand is the norm). Every two years, at least one legislature submits a resolution regarding succession from the Union. Every two years, such resolutions never even make it to committee.

We must fact it: the Texas Republican Party is in such disarray that they ended up with Allen West as their leader. That speaks volumes.

Old 12-13-2020, 07:27 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's not the least bit possible.

Unlike during the civil war, the red states were all located in a specific area - the south - and they split off to attempt to secure their desire to hold slaves, and have everyone else fight and die in an attempt to keep their plantations.

Now, the Red states themselves are divided. There's NO WAY you could draw a geographic line down the US and split us Republicans and Democrats. Thank God, because honestly, you right wingers would attempt it again.
Sure it is. People move all the time for one reason or another. Several times over the course of the history of this nation, large numbers of people have moved to certain areas to "saturate" it and "convert" to whatever it was they were trying to do. For instance, Kansas in the 1850s. Wyoming just a few years ago (although that one didn't get a lot of steam), and most recently, flooding Georgia with leftists to turn the election results.

Just a matter of negotiating areas. Certain areas are already saturated with voters from one side or the other. Just amplify that.

BTW, I'm not a "right winger." I'm for mutual individual liberty, the non-aggression principle and a minarchist state. There is a difference.

Old 12-13-2020, 07:28 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Exactly. And why in heaven's name are people paying attention to the words of Mr. West? Why did he forsake Florida for Texas, anyway?

I will also point out, as a lifelong Texan, this: our legislature meets every two years. In the two months leading up to the session, legislatures submit thousands of bills (I think 4 to 5 thousand is the norm). Every two years, at least one legislature submits a resolution regarding succession from the Union. Every two years, such resolutions never even make it to committee.

We must fact it: the Texas Republican Party is in such disarray that they ended up with Allen West as their leader. That speaks volumes.
It does speak volumes. My beloved state is in disarray.

Old 12-13-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Sure it is. People move all the time for one reason or another. Several times over the course of the history of this nation, large numbers of people have moved to certain areas to "saturate" it and "convert" to whatever it was they were trying to do. For instance, Kansas in the 1850s. Wyoming just a few years ago (although that one didn't get a lot of steam), and most recently, flooding Georgia with leftists to turn the election results.

Just a matter of negotiating areas. Certain areas are already saturated with voters from one side or the other. Just amplify that.
Nope. The rest of us aren't going to go with this insanity of splitting in half. Go pound sand. Biden won. Move on.

Old 12-13-2020, 07:33 PM

4,192 posts, read 2,511,188 times
I am not sure GA is being flooded. An African American reverse great migration has been taking place for over a decade now; couple that with young people with different concerns than older folks and its understandable that GA went the way it did.

Old 12-13-2020, 07:33 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
All white areas should secede. White people are the ones who drive into the blue areas and create prosperity. They’re eventually going to get tired of propping up the people who hate them.

Old 12-13-2020, 07:35 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Nope. The rest of us aren't going to go with this insanity of splitting in half. Go pound sand. Biden won. Move on.

Exactly why I said that a peaceful separation to the dysfunctional marriage is possible, but not likely. An abusive husband rarely willingly frees his abused spouse. So now you can see why the analogy--your post proves my point. It's exactly the same as, "Sorry, Sara, but you can forget this insanity of divorcing. Go pound sand and get back into the kitchen before I blacken your other eye."

The only way out of it for the battered wife is to rise up, kick the abusive brute in the hackey sack, and DEMAND a divorce.

Old 12-13-2020, 07:40 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
If some of the red states started seceding, there might be some racial clashes involved. A few of the red states have some of the largest Black populations in the USA, particularly in the South. Statistically, Blacks are far more likely to support Democrats than any other racial group. This is part of why Georgia went blue, barely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies