Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 05:11 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
But he was. They laughed when he said we would have a vaccine by the end of the year.
------------

This is overwhelming good news and obviously a historic achievement for the United States, and yes, many thanks are owed to the Trump administration, which pushed the development of a vaccine into overdrive with Operation Warp Speed. But don’t tell that to critics of the president, who vehemently discounted that a vaccine could be produced so quickly simply because it was President Trump who promised it.

For months, public health experts and legacy media organizations cautioned Americans that Trump’s claims of a vaccine by the end of the year were “impossible.”

“It is preposterous,” pandemic expert Dr. Irwin Redlener said in May regarding Trump’s promise. “It is impossible to get that done by the end of the year.”

NBC News ran a fact-check on Trump’s claims, citing experts to say that a vaccine was still 12 to 18 months away unless a medical “miracle” happened.

Bloomberg News questioned if Trump’s vaccine aspirations amounted to an “impossible dream.”

Business Insider reported in April that a vaccine against the coronavirus might be impossible to produce regardless of the timeline.

https://dnyuz.com/2020/12/14/flashba...d-of-the-year/
Is this ^ dissertation about trump being right about COVID? The same president who assured us that COVID would "magically disappear" in a couple weeks? Now over 300,000 deaths later.... most of the population will not receive a vaccination until summer of 2021.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 05:14 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
But he was. They laughed when he said we would have a vaccine by the end of the year.
------------
Aren't we lucky that the labs of the world were already working on the vaccine when he finally decided to admit that their was a problem. But lets give credit where it is due to the doctors and scientists who developed these vaccines and the the Federal Health Agencies who have waved the traditional time lines to approve a new vaccine.

But i will thank Trump for keeping his big mouth shut and not lambasting or threatening the states he doesn't like and keeping them from getting the vaccine. For once he's acting like an adult...

Old 12-14-2020, 05:14 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cape cod todd View Post
trump has done more in 4 short years than most presidents can get done in 8. Imagine what he could have achieved for america if the dems had meet him even half way instead of trying to destroy him 24/7 ?

When the covid was threatening and trump was called a racist for shutting down travel what were the dems doing? They were busy trying to impeach him for something they thought he might have thought of doing. They then blamed him for the covid. I have news for them, it was coming no matter what.

There will be many policies in the biden era that trump started that will be quietly tweeked and renamed so as not to give him any credit and some other things the dems want to dump will have trump's name etched to it.

They will never admit that trump did some really good things for america but there are 75 million people that know it.
+1.

Old 12-14-2020, 05:15 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Well if Biden ever gets in office. We are headed for World War 3 and the end times are here full swing.

http://amazingbible.org/Documents/Bi...hecy/Chart.htm

Old 12-14-2020, 05:16 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Well if Biden ever gets in office. We are headed for World War 3 and the end times are here full swing.
A little hyperbolic, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Old 12-14-2020, 05:25 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The press release I linked even explains the difference to you...
How about I will re-phrase my question?

“Question for people who do not give Trump credit for covid vaccine.

Will you blame Trump if covid vaccine does not work or people turning into flesh eating zombies from negative side effects?

It is the FDA, under Trump administration, gave the green light for EMERGENCY AUTHORIZATION USE for covid vaccine to be use in the US.”

Is that better?

Old 12-14-2020, 05:43 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
He also said repeatedly that the virus would miraculously disappear months ago. A stopped clock is right twice a day. Also, where's the Obamacare repeal that he promised 4 years ago?

Old 12-14-2020, 05:50 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
How about I will re-phrase my question?

“Question for people who do not give Trump credit for covid vaccine.

Will you blame Trump if covid vaccine does not work or people turning into flesh eating zombies from negative side effects?

It is the FDA, under Trump administration, gave the green light for EMERGENCY AUTHORIZATION USE for covid vaccine to be use in the US.”

Is that better?
I would not blame Trump one bit if the vaccine failed. I also do not congratulate him for the vaccine being completed. Like, can anyone tell me what Trump did to help this happen?

It's enough of a farce that presidents take credit / receive blame for a bad economy, it's worse for hundreds of scientists to work tirelessly for months in a lab and then some bureaucrat hundreds of miles away comes along and smiles for the press declaring "We did it."

Old 12-14-2020, 05:53 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
No, the haters laughed when he said he was going to have it "very soon" before Election Day. The medical science people have been saying for many weeks if not a few months that we could "have it as early as the end of the year."
I think you are conflating the more recent timeline with the early year talk of having an effective vaccine.

Old 12-14-2020, 05:56 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

Prophecy Chart
Well your in luck Costco is having a sale on bulk rations so you can ensure your shelter is well stocked...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies