Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 12:50 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
She's looking to hire friends and family and put them on the payroll. She'll be in prison soon enough.
Yes and there is that too.
Not only does she want almost double the salary she wants additional funding to hire a staff of what, 5?

I'm worth much, much more because I have a law degree (like every other probate judge) therefore I am qualified to do more (trial judge) but I need 5 extra people in order to do my job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 02:13 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,076,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You realize it's a black man that is speaking in the video, right?

Believe it or not, despite what the liberal progressive politicians and educators want you to believe, there is more to life than skin color.
The dude is a shill who made it about skin color. Her argument was purely about her having more qualifications. Didn't mention how her as a black female deserved to pay more. If you have a problem with someone bringing race into the discussion you should question the Op for putting race there.

Old 12-16-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've known about Tommy Sotomayor going as far back as 2013.
As someone who's saw his videos on Youtube at a similar time (haven't seen a video of his since then). He's a perfect example of someone who has issues with his mother or female members of his family projecting it on to all women of his race. His opinion on black women is racist. Point blank.

Old 12-16-2020, 02:24 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
The dude is a shill who made it about skin color. Her argument was purely about her having more qualifications. Didn't mention how her as a black female deserved to pay more. If you have a problem with someone bringing race into the discussion you should question the Op for putting race there.
Her "qualifications" are not necessary for the job in Douglas County, GA, though, where jury trials in Probate Court are virtually nonexistent. Then she asks for a salary, at entry level, which is higher than any probate judge in the state, even in metro Atlanta for counties with much larger populations, is making, plus a ton of money for five more employees - before she has any possible way to know whether the office is understaffed.

She obviously did not consider the optics, like it or not.

Old 12-16-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Her "qualifications" are not necessary for the job in Douglas County, GA, though, where jury trials in Probate Court are virtually nonexistent. Then she asks for a salary, at entry level, which is higher than any probate judge in the state, even in metro Atlanta for counties with much larger populations, is making, plus a ton of money for five more employees - before she has any possible way to know whether the office is understaffed.

She obviously did not consider the optics, like it or not.
I understand that, I'm not saying she's in the right. My issue with this is that one poster keeps talking about affirmative action and diversity hires, when as you've pointed out multiple times she was elected.

I also don't trust any video coming from Sotomayor on black women because it's obvious he has issues. Also my view on it is if a man had asked for this much it's tenacity, a woman asks it's arrogance. She's already got the job, she ran unelected, she's using her leverage to chase a check. She might not win out, it might be too much. She might also be asking for more than she originally want's to settle for a higher than she would have gotten salary lots of things at play here. But if your guaranteed a job that they can't find someone to replace you why not ask for more. Clearly she knows her value if she was the only one running for it.

It's being cutthroat, yes. Arrogant not at all if she can't be fired.

Old 12-16-2020, 02:59 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I understand that, I'm not saying she's in the right. My issue with this is that one poster keeps talking about affirmative action and diversity hires, when as you've pointed out multiple times she was elected.

I also don't trust any video coming from Sotomayor on black women because it's obvious he has issues. Also my view on it is if a man had asked for this much it's tenacity, a woman asks it's arrogance. She's already got the job, she ran unelected, she's using her leverage to chase a check. She might not win out, it might be too much. She might also be asking for more than she originally want's to settle for a higher than she would have gotten salary lots of things at play here. But if your guaranteed a job that they can't find someone to replace you why not ask for more. Clearly she knows her value if she was the only one running for it.

It's being cutthroat, yes. Arrogant not at all if she can't be fired.
I do not know how long her term in office will be, but the taxpayers can certainly fire her in the next election if they wish.

Douglas County has five commissioners: two black men, two black women (including the chair), and one white woman. It will be interesting to see the dynamics of whatever decision they make, though the financial reality is such that they do not have the money available to give her what she is asking for. One of the black males has said he would favor doing so, however.

Old 12-16-2020, 03:59 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
What does her being a woman, or being black has to do with anything?

She is asking for a raise which is a thing people do all the time. She might, or might not, get it. Where's the problem?
Is she asking for a raise due to her sex and/or race or for some other reason(s)?

Old 12-16-2020, 04:16 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Is she asking for a raise due to her sex and/or race or for some other reason(s)?
No..she is EXPECTING a raise due to her sex and/or race.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:31 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,155,161 times
Black Female Judge Ask For Her Salary To Be Doubled Before Taking 1 Day In Office!

Imagine my shock...

Old 12-16-2020, 04:47 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Probate judges in an expensive county like Los Angeles starts out around $95k.

This probate judge in some boonieville flyover county of Georgia wants close to $180k annual salary staring out? That is the salary of superior court judge in that county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies