Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 06:02 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times

Advertisements

"Just because you get vaccinated after the second dose does not mean you should be … traveling … or that you’re liberated from masks." -MSNBC

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/stat...htmode%3Dfalse

So what is the point of the vaccine? It doesn't stop infection, doesn't stop transmission, has potential side effects, and won't ease restrictions.

These people are the worst marketing people ever for the drugs they push

I would think headlines would be like “people are getting vaccinated and there’s finally a light at the end of the tunnel.”

Instead morale is lower than ever, every article about the vaccine is some cautionary tale of all the things it won’t change. Like all we’ve wanted all year is a vaccine to end this and now one is here and few people seem to actually care.

Old 12-16-2020, 06:05 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,123 times
Obey!!!

Old 12-16-2020, 06:08 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
It’s because liberals fear they will lose their grip on the people. They want us at home, not working, and dependent on government stipends for survival. Then everyone will be “equal.”

Old 12-16-2020, 06:10 AM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
I have stated for quite some time that if you are hoping a vaccine will be the key to normalcy you are sadly mistaken. New Normal. Repeat that phrase. New Normal means:

- Less school
- Less commuting
- Less commerce
- Less pollution
- Less financial security
- Less small businesses
- Less mobility

But it isn't just in America, it is global. That is why it is called a Global Pandemic. The only solution will be more government assistance for a long time to come. Eventually we will get used to it, even grateful to the government for providing us assistance.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:03 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Don't travel until EVERYONE gets a vaccine. If you're vaccinated you could still infect someone else. Just wear a mask. It helps protect people, and it is not an inconvenience to you at all.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:05 AM

612 posts, read 240,663 times
One month after I get vaccinated the mask comes off and I will travel like I have never traveled before.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:05 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
It's about power. The Democrats prove time and again that there is not one value they claim that they wouldn't toss aside to get power.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:08 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I have stated for quite some time that if you are hoping a vaccine will be the key to normalcy you are sadly mistaken. New Normal. Repeat that phrase. New Normal means:

- Less school
- Less commuting
- Less commerce
- Less pollution
- Less financial security
- Less small businesses
- Less mobility

But it isn't just in America, it is global. That is why it is called a Global Pandemic. The only solution will be more government assistance for a long time to come. Eventually we will get used to it, even grateful to the government for providing us assistance.
The "NEW NORMAL" is a MARXIST paradigm!!!

Old 12-16-2020, 07:12 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,044,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
It's about power. The Democrats prove time and again that there is not one value they claim that they wouldn't toss aside to get power.
The Democrats run which European countries, which are following all or most of the same steps?

Step away from the talk radio and right wing sites.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:20 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Don't travel until EVERYONE gets a vaccine. If you're vaccinated you could still infect someone else. Just wear a mask. It helps protect people, and it is not an inconvenience to you at all.
Actually..... pediatricians are starting to report developmental delays in social cuing among infants in the 6-24 month range, along with higher social interaction avoidance. Dentists have noticed an upswing in cavities and gum disease associated with dry mouths.

All things have good and bad, foreseeable and unforeseeable, consequences. The dental problems are a nuisance that can be adequately dealt with as they present themselves. The developmental delays, on the other hand, are a totally different story. It’s not really surprising to anyone with a professional knowledge of child development once they think about it a little, and it is doubtful just itty-bitty ones are being impacted. Based on the potential negative long term psychosocial impact, that alone is enough impetus to get those masks off as soon as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies