Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2020, 04:29 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,617,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
91% and you expect me to believe that.

We all know what the welfare programs are for really --- and they are not there to help the poor, but to help the government garner higher taxes of those who actually have to pay into the tax system -- per its rules and regulations, that would take an expert to comb though and provide the wealthy with a %0 return. The average joe, hasn't that talent or can afford someone else, that does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's exactly what clueless people say, because, you know, they're clueless.

The top tier bracket really was 91% right up to 1964 when it dropped to 77%.

It was 94% in 1944 and 1945.

The whole point is that taxes have nothing to do with the plight of The Poor® whose suffering is self-inflicted.

Now, if you came out and said, "All poor people are going to be relocated to a reservation in the middle of nothingness in North Dakota" all you'd see is *******s and elbows as the The Poor® are now motivated to not end up on a reservation.
The tax codes are written by the rich, for the rich ...

Taxes on the Rich Were Not That Much Higher in the 1950s

What you are looking for is the effective tax rate, not the average.

rolling time forward to today

You paid taxes. These corporations didn’t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 06:30 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,602,092 times
Quote:

Total nonsense!

If tax code was written by the rich, you would think they wouldn’t have cut their own income taxes and estate taxes.

The tax code is written by the duly elected politicians. Blame on yourself for not holding your politicians responsible.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:33 PM

8,305 posts, read 3,829,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
As we said earlier, we should simply tax consumption and get rich of all other taxes.
I'm not going to complain about the tax relief... but I don't need it either.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Why don’t you voluntarily pay more?

Old 12-22-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Why don’t you voluntarily pay more?
I'd rather donate it to specific causes than send it to the federal government. Also, if I were to volunteer to pay more in taxes, it would be to the state. I don't support how our liberal President is overspending.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I'd rather donate it to specific causes than send it to the federal government. Also, if I were to volunteer to pay more in taxes, it would be to the state. I don't support how our liberal President is overspending.
Then you should be super happy with Trump allowing you to keep your money.

Since you said you don’t need it, why don’t you donate all the extra money?

Put your money where your mouth is.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:53 PM

18,491 posts, read 15,298,132 times
Quote:
You are not the first person to say this in relation to taxes, but it makes no more sense to me hearing it from you, than it did any of the other times I have heard people say it.

I don't need 99% of what I have. I want it. So does, not needing it, justify the government taking 99% of my property? Why not? After all, I don't need it, right?

I give to charity. I tip well. I am generous with my family and friends. Giving money, that I don't need, to others, is a regular thing for me. There is a huge difference between giving upon my own free will and having my money taken from me, and it doesn't matter if it is money that I "need" or not.

I understand that the government needs money to run, but if we are the ones paying for it, they should at least be frugal with our money. Instead, they are the opposite.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Then you should be super happy with Trump allowing you to keep your money.

Since you said you don’t need it, why don’t you donate all the extra money?

Put your money where your mouth is.
I'm not surprised that you would rather have people give their money to the federal government than invest it in and hire more people to increase business. Sorry, but I don't trust the federal government with the way Trump has been spending.

You missed my point. It's not good for anyone that fewer people are paying taxes... especially when those people are not part of the class that gets pinched the most... the working class.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
I'm not surprised that you would rather have people give their money to the federal government than invest it in and hire more people to increase business. Sorry, but I don't trust the federal government with the way Trump has been spending.

You missed my point. It's not good for anyone that fewer people are paying taxes... especially when those people are not part of the class that gets pinched the most... the working class.
Then you should join me in the fight against the democrats.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:15 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,617,168 times
Quote:

Quote:
Total nonsense!

If tax code was written by the rich, you would think they wouldn’t have cut their own income taxes and estate taxes.

The tax code is written by the duly elected politicians. Blame on yourself for not holding your politicians responsible.
Who writes and enforces the U.S. tax code?

Congress & IRS and who are they writing it for, as as to benefit the most and pay the least? The wealthy --- why? Because it is believed that the wealthy are the ones that will employ those --- who will in essence carry the brunt of actually having to pay taxes. It is written by the rich for the rich in the way --- Congress (your person whoever) gets a seat at the table.

Quote:
... you would think they wouldn’t have cut their own income taxes and estate taxes.
They don't, but then they do --- why would they want to pay taxes on 'all' of that which they actually earn, only a crazy person would want to do that.

Substantial Income of Wealthy Households Escapes Annual Taxation Or Enjoys Special Tax Breaks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies