Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2020, 11:36 AM

30,334 posts, read 11,962,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
It ain't gonna happen according to Donald's twitter feed....at least that is the status for the next hour

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...23944680583169

Then later today he will retweet someone else explaining how Trump has the right to declare martial law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 11:38 AM

4,952 posts, read 2,734,007 times
I think this movie will end with Trump being wheeled out of the oval office in a straight jacket strapped to a gurney..

Old 12-20-2020, 11:50 AM

8,907 posts, read 5,405,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
She's a right wing T-Party nut job who is discredited by most including the GOP Leader of the Virginia Senate. She falls right in with the rest of the faithful but she is no spokesman for most of the state as the election reflected.
So safe to assume she doesn't own a tank and isn't threat. Gotcha. So everyone can calm down.

Old 12-20-2020, 11:58 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,487,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Of the 74 million people a good percentage believe it was a fraud election... we are not moving on .
Is ok, we will move on without you. Since they don't actually support fair elections, Trumpers should be dumped on an island to form their own caliphate.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:00 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,705,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
Sad that it appears a compromised individual will be in charge of this country.
So many evil things occurring in that country like internment and organ harvesting from minority groups, etc. If China invades Taiwan Biden will stand by and let them take the country.
Exactly, that is what china joey will do if he doesn't step aside first because he can't handle the job. Then with heels up, people will pay the price ... ballot harvesting, organ harvesting...it will all be same to the cheaters.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:02 PM

8,322 posts, read 3,963,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
So Dave, I'm an optimist.

I'd wager at least half the 74 mil held their nose and voted R anyway for various reasons.

That leaves about 37 million potential cultists, not much more than 10% of our population.

Like little yapping dogs, they are incredibly noisy and certainly capable of some damage, but ultimately much bigger in their own minds than real life.

A whole bunch of 'em in one place can really be annoying, that's for sure.
Yes that's the optimistic view and maybe that is more accurate.

Let's say we "only" have 37 million people in this country that can be manipulated with simple minded populist propaganda to vote against their own self interest.

That is still a huge concern since that minority could easily bring another Trump out of the woodwork to win a Republican nomination. Maybe we won't be so lucky the next time, especially if Trump II is smarter and slicker that Trump I. Unless we manage to pass legislation to patch up the holes in our Constitution, we are at risk - we now know how vulnerable we really are.

There is a reason that most democratic republics have died an early death, it is because they contain within themselves the seeds and mechanism for their own destruction. It's a comforting idea that the USA does not have these inherent vulnerabilities, but is that realistic?

Old 12-20-2020, 12:04 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,705,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
If Trump deserves to be prosecuted then I say prosecute him. I don't believe it will make him popular enough to win in 2024. I believe that statement is made to try to discourage prosecuting him, but it will not work. If he warrants prosecution, it will be the duty to then do it.
His prosecution should follow the obummer's, clintons', rice biden and baby biden....so many ahead of him in line!

Old 12-20-2020, 12:39 PM

22,539 posts, read 12,111,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Spoken like a true supporter of mother Russia. As a Libertarian who is simply watching the two parties post election and opining from time to time. Trump needs to prove in no uncertain terms voter fraud. Not just allege. Its been 6 weeks now and nothing. Only that this could have happened or that could have happened. My dogs were barking at 2am over something last night. I can allege that my next door neighbor was trying to break into my house. Do I have proof? No. But its within the realm of possibility. But I would have to be delusional to accuse my neighbor of that without having certain proof.
Oh, get a grip. You have to do something about your obsession with Russia.

Keep telling yourself that this election was fair and square even though it was anything but.

You claim that but yet you ignore video evidence of fraud happening.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
We have videos of Bigfoot and some folks don't believe he exists either.

Funny world, ain't it?
Prove those videos that show election fraud were faked. You can't do that because they are real. You sound ridiculous when you claim otherwise.

Keep plugging your ears and saying "Lalala I can't hear you!" Also keep your blindfold on so you can say you didn't see anything.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
you can keep repeating debunked BS as much as you want, it becomes even less credible each time

There was no fraud. Reasonable people know this. Trumplings refuse to accept reality
None of it was "debunked" --- and you know it, too. That is, unless you live in the MSM echo chamber. Those incidents in Detroit and Atlanta were real and there is video to back it up. It's you and your ilk who refuse to accept reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies