Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 02:25 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times

Advertisements

Widespread anarchy gripping the country could be reason enough for the Obama administration to announce the implementation of martial law and the suspension of some, if not all, of Americans’ constitutionally protected rights — including the right to vote and hold national elections.
Ben Carson: Can Obama use martial law to keep White House post 2016 | Communities Digital News

I think he will continue to use his BlackLivesMatter's thugs to create chaos so he can suspend the elections and declare Martial Law.

If he does.... I hope our military 'which hates his guts'...will have a coup and deport his sorry ass to the Middle East where he belongs, with his Muslim brotherhood! I'd be even happier if he didn't make it across the ocean!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 02:31 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Oh for heaven's sake, this is tedious.

Paranoid rightists have been worried about this at least since JFK's tenure - which is when I first heard it.

It's better than end of the world scenarios, because the end of a president's term comes around every four years, while you have to wait a hundred years for the next millennium.

Besides, Michelle would divorce him. I think she's had about all the fun she can take.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:35 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Oh for heaven's sake, this is tedious.

Paranoid rightists have been worried about this at least since JFK's tenure - which is when I first heard it.

It's better than end of the world scenarios, because the end of a president's term comes around every four years, while you have to wait a hundred years for the next millennium.

Besides, Michelle would divorce him. I think she's had about all the fun she can take.

Word is.... Michelle already has plans to divorce him!

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 07-31-2016 at 02:52 AM..

Old 07-31-2016, 02:54 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I'd be even happier if he didn't make it across the ocean!
So you are wishing what exactly?

Old 07-31-2016, 04:42 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
I see Carson's journey over the edge is picking up speed.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:50 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Widespread anarchy gripping the country could be reason enough for the Obama administration to announce the implementation of martial law and the suspension of some, if not all, of Americans’ constitutionally protected rights — including the right to vote and hold national elections.
Ben Carson: Can Obama use martial law to keep White House post 2016 | Communities Digital News

I think he will continue to use his BlackLivesMatter's thugs to create chaos so he can suspend the elections and declare Martial Law.

If he does.... I hope our military 'which hates his guts'...will have a coup and deport his sorry ass to the Middle East where he belongs, with his Muslim brotherhood! I'd be even happier if he didn't make it across the ocean!
You seriously believe this bs or are you just attempting a satirical piece?

Old 07-31-2016, 08:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:

Sweet weeping Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I see Carson's journey over the edge is picking up speed.
And he's taking others with him!

Old 07-31-2016, 10:00 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Typical rightwing way of thinking, take something totally out of context then twist it into some farfetched idea then start building that idea up to be reality. like Obama declaring martial law and then not stepping down at the end of his term.You gotta kidding with this crap.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:13 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Conspiracy nuts have been presenting this idea every single time a sitting president was bound to leave office. The only noteworthy detail this time around is that the lead conspiracy nut in this particular case was actually considered a serious candidate by a major political party. Then again, Carson thought the pyramids were for grain storage, so...

Also, "widespread anarchy gripping the country", seriously?

Old 07-31-2016, 10:29 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:

This is as crazy as a peach orchard boar!

What makes you think President Obama WANTS the job one day longer than necessary?

This idea is only a rehash of the old movie that came out in 1964- Seven Days In May. A military coup is fun to entertain as fiction, but the reality is neither the people nor our military would ever stand for a coup or anything that looks like one.

And the worst time ever to try to mount a coup is during an election! Do you know how many coups failed throughout history, all over the world, when the leaders tried to pull one during an election?

The leaders and their people all ended up being slaughtered. Election years are always tense, and tension makes people alert. Coups succeed when they come at an unexpected time, when politics is not at the top of everyone's mind.

Leave it to Ben Carson the paranoid to come up with this little fancy. The guy is a hell of a brain mechanic, but he should have his locked his nutso beliefs safely up in a closet before he got into politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies