Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 04:33 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times

Advertisements

The "experts" have apparently prioritized getting the 'vaccine' out to 'people of color' early and quickly. Pastors in the black community are concerned and are not willing to encourage their people to become guinea pigs for the testing of this rushed, modern day 'snake oil'.

Quote:
Black Pastors Refuse To Push COVID Vaccine, Turn Congregants Into 'Guinea Pigs'

High-ranking Catholics aren't the only members of the clergy sounding the alarm over COVID-19.
A dozen black pastors interviewed by Reuters say they won't push new vaccines for the virus, citing concerns over its rapid development and lack of evidence for or against potential long-term effects.

"We're concerned about it being tested on persons of color," said A.R. Bernard, the bead of a Brooklyn megachurch who declined a major healthcare organization's invitation to sit on a committee aimed at boosting vaccine acceptance within the black community in New York City. Bernard was hospitalized with the virus in March, and says he wants to "wait and see" until more information emerges on the vaccine's side effects.
Bernard, who leads the Christian Cultural Center, the largest church in the city, said he turned down the offer because he worried some members of his congregation could view his participation as “joining forces with the system” to use African Americans “as guinea pigs” for vaccines that have been developed in record time. -Reuters
Good to see these pastors being smart and watching out for their flocks. These so-called "experts" and the government certainly is not going to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 04:56 PM

7,948 posts, read 9,164,633 times
Don't want it? Don't take it. But don't ***** about how hard the virus is hitting your community.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:02 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Another example of a religious leader playing politics, if he was concerned for his congregants he would have them take advantage of the availability. There is no "testing" going on but it was observed that people of color were disproportionately affected with covid due to health, life style, community issues so they have been prioritized to receive the vaccine.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:10 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The "experts" have apparently prioritized getting the 'vaccine' out to 'people of color' early and quickly. Pastors in the black community are concerned and are not willing to encourage their people to become guinea pigs for the testing of this rushed, modern day 'snake oil'.

Good to see these pastors being smart and watching out for their flocks. These so-called "experts" and the government certainly is not going to.
I admire them for their decisions and for looking out for/protecting their parishioners.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:13 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
Marinated in racism. what else would you expect.

These people find out we actually care about them and don't hate them the Pastors are unemployed.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:13 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Not all black pastors feel that way.

https://www.poynter.org/reporting-ed...e-coronavirus/

"The Rev. Stephan Brown of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, one of two predominantly Black Catholic parishes in the Tampa Bay area, is going a step further in pursuing long-term solutions. Brown, one of the Catholic Diocese of St. Petersburg’s few Black priests, has volunteered to participate in a coronavirus vaccine trial. He has diabetes, one of the underlying conditions that heightens the risk for severe illness from the coronavirus and a chronic condition among Blacks.

'I feel that we, as leaders in the community, we need to both encourage and to try and be part of a cure,' Brown said."

"'We’ve always talked about two things, faith and wisdom,' said Murray, of Mount Zion Primitive Baptist. 'Yes, God will watch over us, but he also wants us to have wisdom and follow CDC guidelines. … God has allowed this virus. In God’s time, God will give us a vaccine. We trust that even though (the virus) comes from God, we try to be as safe as possible and if that means taking the vaccine when that comes out, then we should.'”

Old 12-22-2020, 05:14 PM

648 posts, read 432,226 times
It is everybody's right to be suspicious, if they choose. Also their right to change their mind, should they decide to.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:16 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will be happy to get it earlier than they normally would, because a large group of people are refusing it.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:25 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,035,175 times
The push to get Blacks vaccinated before other races backfired in this case. Stop making everything about race and let people who want to decline the vaccination right now do so and make way for others who want it ASAP (even if they happen to be White or Asian). Eventually, if this vaccine proves super effective, it might be a requirement for certain jobs for to attend certain events. Those who still want to decline can do so. If the vaccine doesn't work on the new strain and any future mutations of Covid, we just have to live with the virus and it's risks.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:29 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Human guinea pigs? You bet! They have put them in a similar category with prisoners. Even with the elderly, I do wonder how many of them will have a bad reaction, of course, it won't be the vaccine that caused it like COVID 19 caused the deaths, they'll say it was something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobBarley_93 View Post
I cannot blame the community for alot of things like this have been done in the past.

But he's only hurting his people by perpetuating modern conspiracy crud. We saw Biden and AOC take it.

A vaccine basically is a copy of the key(spike protein) the virus uses to get into a cell. The cell will now recognize this "key", and when the virus tries to get it. Nah son, we caught you. Bring on the anti-bodies.

The virus will be like "Oh no man, I was just passing by". But the anti--bodies aren't gonna buy it.
You really don't know what Biden and AOC were actually injected with do you? I didn't think so. Yeah, maybe look at the ingredients in the vaccine, not the kind of stuff we carry in our bodies on a daily basis.
https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Another example of a religious leader playing politics, if he was concerned for his congregants he would have them take advantage of the availability. There is no "testing" going on but it was observed that people of color were disproportionately affected with covid due to health, life style, community issues so they have been prioritized to receive the vaccine.
Oh, there is "testing" going on and will be for several years, while they study the side effects. I am actually a little suspicious of the populations that were more affected, since viruses can be tailored to certain demographics of people.

I would think those that are not of color would be thrilled to know that like so many of you, these people are also smart enough to want to sit back and watch what happens to those that step forward to be injected with a vaccine for "emergency use". More for the human guinea pigs that trust the corrupted FDA and CDC. Live (maybe) and learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
I admire them for their decisions and for looking out for/protecting their parishioners.
Amen! Many look to the church for guidance, but I know that idea is very offensive. Geesh, with Bill Gates talking eugenics and his involvement with vaccines, it is worth a long look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoilslick View Post
It is everybody's right to be suspicious, if they choose. Also their right to change their mind, should they decide to.
I don't even see why anyone sees this as an issue. First some of the people are whining that other groups are being prioritized over them, and then a group says "take it, we don't want it" and now they are complaining about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will be happy to get it earlier than they normally would, because a large group of people are refusing it.
You would think. I have heard nothing but complaints about who is going to be the first to be offered the vaccine, and now, they want to make a big deal of one of the groups maybe not be interested in being among the first or at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies