Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 05:05 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,728,637 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-pro...210737418.html

I wonder what the odds of this will be? It seems like a vote-getting drug that nearly all politicians get behind except for the most principled ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 05:08 PM

29,837 posts, read 24,933,447 times
I thought Biden was going to eradicate the virus? That's what the left has been telling us anyways. If there is no coronavirus, why would there be a need for more stimulus?

Old 12-22-2020, 05:13 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,728,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I thought Biden was going to eradicate the virus? That's what the left has been telling us anyways. If there is no coronavirus, why would there be a need for more stimulus?
That’s a good point. I read one article that read that every American would have the shot by June 21. Even if it’s not until the 3rd Quarter, wouldn’t there be enough “herd immunity” and existing protection measures to keep it from spreading more?

I want these lazy stimulus bums and businesses to get back to work And stop this overspending nonsense.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:19 PM

648 posts, read 432,461 times
If they really want to get the vaccine distributed to as many people as soon as possible, maybe they should forget about keeping records? Convince everybody it works best with just one booster in X number of weeks. That would do away with a lot of the paranoia from people that think they are being forced to get a shot to go back to work. Honor system... Fred says he got the shots, so he can come to work...

Old 12-22-2020, 05:29 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,040,338 times
Quote:
You made that up -- there has not been on person say Biden would eradicate the virus.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:30 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,040,338 times
Rumors are Trump thinks the stimulus should be 2000 not 600 but Biden bad because he thinks there should be more than 600.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:41 PM

25,966 posts, read 22,149,005 times
Quote:
Well, Biden promised a federal mandate on wearing masks, then he realized he had no power to do that.

Biden is crackpot and his advisers are crackpots, remember:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/16/joe-bi...han-the-virus/

Biden questions if the vaccine is even “real,” and his running mate, Kamala Harris, suggests she couldn’t trust the Trump administration. You’d expect that from pols. But Biden health adviser Dr. Irwin Redlener, a Columbia University professor, says rapid *authorization is “reckless” unless “federal agencies and manufacturers have a magical time-shrinking machine.”

And then, Creepy Uncle Joe took the vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
That’s a good point. I read one article that read that every American would have the shot by June 21. Even if it’s not until the 3rd Quarter, wouldn’t there be enough “herd immunity” and existing protection measures to keep it from spreading more?

I want these lazy stimulus bums and businesses to get back to work And stop this overspending nonsense.
Nearly everyone here, other than state workers in the state, have been working either through the pandemic or started back to work a few months ago. It is the Democratic leaders that have held their people back, and this is part of the plan to break the economy to bring the communist agenda forward and it is communist as they will bankrupt businesses and the government will take them over. Here, I noticed that Medicaid payments were not being sent very regularly to the nursing homes, and soon, the state "had to take" them over. Think large scale! Say good-bye to private ownership. There is a master plan.

The stimulus needed is a foot up the butt of the Democratic leadership. Have you heard all the "pork" the Dems are trying to pack onto a stimulus bill?

Old 12-22-2020, 05:47 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,603,038 times
Sure, let’s destroy the economy and shatter the debt ceiling so that the government can send us a $600 check at the end of the year.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 12-22-2020, 05:52 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,242,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You made that up -- there has not been on person say Biden would eradicate the virus.

e·rad·i·cate
/əˈradəˌkāt/

verb
destroy completely; put an end to.

Biden said, "I will end this".

Old 12-22-2020, 05:56 PM

589 posts, read 300,473 times
We know what that means. Just in case you don't, it means MORE USELESS pork and giveaways to everyone else EXCEPT Taxpayers, who should be the only ones benefitting from the bill. We should all be able to see that this stimulus talk is NOT about helping Taxpayers but everyone else. They are using the excuse that they are helping the Taxpayers while they fund their own needs and their pet projects.

Look at the current stimulus bill that is being passed. How much is the media talking about Taxpayers getting a check as soon as next week. The Media is all over it. In fact, THAT is the ONLY thing they are talking about. The measly 600 as if it's godsend and a relief to taxpayers that are hurting because the government shutting us down. What they're NOT talking about is the extra 1.4 trillion dollar bill that was passed to keep government open and get paid until next September. Yes, Congress got THEIR stimulus bill passed and can stay open until at least September next year while they congratulate and celebrate and even express that the stimulus that the Taxpayers are getting, the measly 600, is being generous. Not only the funding to have government stay open are tied to this bill, many other items that are not related to direct payments to Taxpayers are included in this bill while they advertise it as a Taxpayer stimulus bill just so they can get funding passed for their own needs.

There should be NO MORE STIMULUS BILL PASSED unless the bill is for direct payment to Taxpayers ONLY and NOTHING else is in the bill PERIOD. Just open everything up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies