Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 08:34 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
I dont want my tax dollars spent
Who says it's your tax dollars?

It may well be Fed created money, not tax derived money going overseas. Or for that matter the funding of any or all parts of this new legislation. If the Fed creates the money and buys the debt, then current federal tax money is not needed. If the bonds are held or rolled over into perpetuity, federal taxes are never needed. The only 'tax' would be any incited inflation created by this funding process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 08:53 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Foreign relations money is a lot less than war money. All peace money is cheaper than war.

A lot of those funds have been part of the federal budget for years. The receiving nation knows the money will sometimes increase or decrease, but it makes its own budgetary plans on what we give them, so more than one country gets messed up when the system fails.

Not all of it is free, either, by a long shot. Most of it is loan money, and our treasury gets interest on it. Many nations insist on receiving only loans, not grants, for reasons of their own.

Old 12-23-2020, 08:57 PM

25,743 posts, read 12,824,670 times
None of us wants our money sent overses in our time of need. They do not care what we want. We no longer matter at all to them. They will do as they please, & steal as much as they want.

All of this egregious spending is about kickbacks. They know if they give help directly to Americans, then there's no kickback mechanism in place. The cash must go through a 3rd party...big biz, foreign countries, contractors, book publishers, really any 3rd party that will agree to it, and be discreet.

Direct payments to Americans makes up only ~1/4th of this spend. Now you know why its such a small percent.

We have lost all control over them, and they know it. We are helpless & powerless aside from our votes, and now, nearly 1/2 of us, feel our votes don't matter anymore....whether true or not, that is the preception.

I think we have passed the point where voting will have any real impact on them anyways. Change will require more than votes, but it can be done peacefully.

Protests are futile, & overly centralized. It would take stronger action than protests, & it would need to be extremely de-centralized. Blue's and Red's must come together to peacefully force change, & I dont think enough people are redy for that...yet.

I'm drifting off-topic...sorry.

Old 12-23-2020, 09:10 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
We have been supporting other countries with our taxes since before any of us on this forum were even born. It will always be that way. I think it's unconscionable and would love to have that money go to the people who need here in the U.S. And I don't mean big corporations, big pharma, oil and gas companies either. We are a wealthy country. Sadly, the majority of that wealth goes to an infinitesimal percentage.
We don't even have a border here, but we send our tax dollars to fortify borders half way across the world.

Maybe we wouldn't be so mad about sending our dollars to other nations if our nation had a border, and there weren't 30 million illegals here taking welfare and jobs.

That is why it is doubly offensive.

Old 12-23-2020, 09:45 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
None of us wants our money sent overses in our time of need. They do not care what we want. We no longer matter at all to them. They will do as they please, & steal as much as they want.

All of this egregious spending is about kickbacks. They know if they give help directly to Americans, then there's no kickback mechanism in place. The cash must go through a 3rd party...big biz, foreign countries, contractors, book publishers, really any 3rd party that will agree to it, and be discreet.

Direct payments to Americans makes up only ~1/4th of this spend. Now you know why its such a small percent.

We have lost all control over them, and they know it. We are helpless & powerless aside from our votes, and now, nearly 1/2 of us, feel our votes don't matter anymore....whether true or not, that is the preception.

I think we have passed the point where voting will have any real impact on them anyways. Change will require more than votes, but it can be done peacefully.

Protests are futile, & overly centralized. It would take stronger action than protests, & it would need to be extremely de-centralized. Blue's and Red's must come together to peacefully force change, & I dont think enough people are redy for that...yet.

Vote with your wallet. If we all stopped being consumers the corps would be forced to give in to our demands.

Old 12-23-2020, 10:11 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Best post in thread.

Amen.

Old 12-23-2020, 10:20 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
This bill is thousands of pages long. Congress even complained about not having enough time to go through it before voting on it. How many of you have actually read the entire thing....none of you. You take taking points from the media.

Old 12-23-2020, 10:27 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You are not alone. Most of America is outraged by this.
Well, presumably not the ones that voted for the Democratic candidate.

Old 12-23-2020, 10:28 PM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You are not alone. Most of America is outraged by this.
I am surprised and puzzled at the way this was done. Surely the Congress knew this was going to be noticed and that it was going to be unpopular, especially right now. I have yet to see any explanation or rationalization that makes any sense.

Yes, we give money away to other countries. I understand that and we will continue to do so. There is nothing all that unusual about it, and we probably never hear about it as it happens. This instance seems so clumsy -- why now and why as part of this stimulus?

Old 12-23-2020, 11:09 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
What can we do about this scam of all scams. All this talk about Politicians getting kickbacks through these foreign aid programs makes me so angry. If our politicians are this corrupt, we need a civil war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies