Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2020, 01:11 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,394,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
a business has no right to tell you what you have to put in your body period. we need to protect individual rights.
Ok.....don't use that service then? Who's rights are being infringed upon here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 01:15 PM

3,626 posts, read 1,662,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Ok.....don't use that service then? Who's rights are being infringed upon here?
its called hippa laws and medical privacy. they should not be able to refuse service to you if you do not inject something you do not want to inject. its your body your choice. they should not even be able to know if you had a vaccine or not its called medical privacy.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:16 PM

37,376 posts, read 41,657,300 times
Quote:
fast forward to 2.20 minute in video

tetanus is a very good vaccine. flu vaccines not so much because they are not very effective.
Your point? He is attempting to describe the AstraZenica vaccine and not doing a very good job of it. The AZ vaccine is not a flu vaccine.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:16 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,257,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Globally there have been few documented reinfections, and we are going on a year now.
but if there’s even one, then it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Your point? He is attempting to describe the AstraZenica vaccine and not doing a very good job of it. The AZ vaccine is not a flu vaccine.
no its not a flu vaccine I am saying that some vaccines are good and some are not very effective.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
its called hippa laws and medical privacy. they should not be able to refuse service to you if you do not inject something you do not want to inject. its your body your choice. they should not even be able to know if you had a vaccine or not its called medical privacy.
They can refuse service to you if your clothes do not meet their dress code. You may decide to reveal your vaccination status or not. Just deal with the consequences. HIPAA applies to medical providers who have your health info. They cannot reveal it without your permission. You may share it with anyone you wish to - or not. Your choice.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
no its not a flu vaccine I am saying that some vaccines are good and some are not very effective.
So? The coronavirus vaccines are showing excellent effectiveness.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:23 PM

18,570 posts, read 15,715,537 times
Right now, the CDC does not exempt vaccinated people from quarantine rules if in a high risk area or exposed to a positive case. If they end up saying people who have taken one of the vaccines do not have to quarantine (much like with measles), the I'll take that vaccine so I can get my social life back to normal without risking a quarantine if someone tests positive! I am very afraid of being locked down right now because cases are so insanely high. I have only seen 3 friends outside of work since the pandemic started

Old 12-28-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
They can refuse service to you if your clothes do not meet their dress code. You may decide to reveal your vaccination status or not. Just deal with the consequences. HIPAA applies to medical providers who have your health info. They cannot reveal it without your permission. You may share it with anyone you wish to - or not. Your choice.
I do not think this is so cut and dry. for instance if you call out sick to work at least in my state an employer can not ask what sickness you had. you need a doctors, after some time but the doctor does not have to disclose the sickness or condition you had.

even if legal there are no lawyers on this thread posting its wrong. it is unethical for a business to force you to get a vaccine in order to fly. they can enforce a dress code but your medical choices should be your own. do you understand how much of an infringement on your medical choices that is? pharmaceuticals do major harm to people every year. later you see a commercial on tv by lawyers if you took such and such pill and developed permanent damage please give us a call. unfortunately, these vaccine companies have immunity.

Old 12-28-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Right now, the CDC does not exempt vaccinated people from quarantine rules if in a high risk area or exposed to a positive case. If they end up saying people who have taken one of the vaccines do not have to quarantine (much like with measles), the I'll take that vaccine so I can get my social life back to normal without risking a quarantine if someone tests positive! I am very afraid of being locked down right now because cases are so insanely high. I have only seen 3 friends outside of work since the pandemic started
go outside and have a good time. it is safe out there. you can't live in fear. I know a guy who had 3 heart attacks and diabetes in his 60's that survived covid. that's the only person I even know that got covid. he even has a pace maker!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies