Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 06:17 PM

39,126 posts, read 51,411,787 times

Advertisements

The A-Z CEO has some pretty upbeat comments on the vaccine today suggesting that they might have figured out the best dosing regimen. He claimed it is as effective as the mRNAs. That was what Russia said about theirs as well and the tech of the two is quite similar. Phase 3 data should be coming out in a couple days so we can have a look and get some third party scientific opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 02:44 AM

27,434 posts, read 13,666,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The A-Z CEO has some pretty upbeat comments on the vaccine today suggesting that they might have figured out the best dosing regimen. He claimed it is as effective as the mRNAs. That was what Russia said about theirs as well and the tech of the two is quite similar. Phase 3 data should be coming out in a couple days so we can have a look and get some third party scientific opinions.
The UK is going to mix and match vaccines, and there may be different vaccines according to age.

There are three vaccines looking to manufacture in the UK in terms of Valneva, Novavax and AstraZeneca.

Whilst the UK has also bought stocks of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.

The UK target is for 15 million people vaccinated by the end of February, including the most vulnerable and susceptible to the virus.

There will then be a second target target, with possible total vaccination by mid to late 2021.

Old 12-28-2020, 05:57 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,391,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
This one doctor believes this will be the main vaccine that wipes out coronavirus. The AstraZeneca aka oxford vaccine seems far superior. it does not need to be chilled like pfizer or moderna. it's far cheaper at 3 or 4 dollars a dose.

This vaccine uses the old technology for vaccines and not MRNA mutant technology that is brand new and might not be safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5tlu_-BJ9I&t=978s

in that video the doctor explains why its more practical. I Am not a big fan of vaccines but if given a choice I would take the astrazeneca one over the mutant Mrna vaccines where long-term studies have not been done.

I heard some in the fda was reluctant to approve the Pfizer vaccine. also as we know some people have bad reactions to that vaccine that have allergic reactions.

IF vaccination is forced or they use coercion like you can not have a job will we be able to choose the vaccine we want? or will they push the MRna vaccines that could be harmful.

if you are for mandatory vaccines would you give people a choice on which one to get or would you force them to get the most dangerous one?

should people have a choice on which one they get ? not having to chill the vaccine like the other two is a huge practical benefit.

if given a choice do you want the new MRNA Vaccines or do you want the astrazeneca one that does not use the new technology?

Vaccines are probably the greatest medical achievement of human kind. To say you're not a "big fan" of vaccines is to say you're not a big fan of medicine, in general. What an incredibly strange admission to make. The rest of your post I can at least reason with.

mRNA is relatively new, but it's been studied for decades. There has simply never been an urgent need in recent years to develop it's use in vaccines, till now, but it's been in use in treatments for cancer. As for allergic reactions that is an issue in ALL vaccines, however, it's actually less of an issue in the pfizer and moderna ones because it uses mRNA. Allergic reactions, are however very easily treated even if that is the case.

Old 12-28-2020, 08:29 AM

3,500 posts, read 1,603,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Vaccines are probably the greatest medical achievement of humankind. To say you're not a "big fan" of vaccines is to say you're not a big fan of medicine, in general. What an incredibly strange admission to make. The rest of your post I can at least reason with.

mRNA is relatively new, but it's been studied for decades. There has simply never been an urgent need in recent years to develop its use in vaccines, till now, but it's been in use in treatments for cancer. As for allergic reactions that is an issue in ALL vaccines, however, it's actually less of an issue in the Pfizer and Moderna ones because it uses mRNA. Allergic reactions are however very easily treated even if that is the case.
there is no need to make a vaccine for this virus its 99 percent survivable. some vaccines have made a difference but it's not that I am against vaccines i don't trust the government. they gave African Americans syphilis on purpose. the same guy pushing vaccines wants to reduce the world's population. the united states military used soldiers as guinea pigs with an anthrax vaccine that killed soldiers.

these vaccines were rushed period. the more they push these vaccines the more suspicious I am of them. since I don't fear covid I have no reason to take these vaccines.

if you wanted to sterilize a lot of people a vaccine would be a perfect way to do it. in Africa women were sterilized.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:06 AM

37,245 posts, read 41,476,925 times
Quote:
there is no need to make a vaccine for this virus its 99 percent survivable. some vaccines have made a difference but it's not that I am against vaccines i don't trust the government. they gave African Americans syphilis on purpose. the same guy pushing vaccines wants to reduce the world's population. the united states military used soldiers as guinea pigs with an anthrax vaccine that killed soldiers.

these vaccines were rushed period. the more they push these vaccines the more suspicious I am of them. since I don't fear covid I have no reason to take these vaccines.

if you wanted to sterilize a lot of people a vaccine would be a perfect way to do it. in Africa women were sterilized.
"They" did not give African American men syphilis on purpose, "they" just did not treat it, which was an absolutely horrific thing to do. It should never have happened. It did lead to major changes in the way medical research is performed, especially with regard to informed consent.

By the "same guy" I presume you mean Bill Gates, who does not want to reduce the world's population but slow its growth.

https://www.aap.com.au/false-bill-ga...heory-classic/

There is no evidence that anthrax vaccine "killed soldiers".

https://www.chop.edu/centers-program...nthrax-vaccine

No African women were sterilized with any vaccine.

https://africacheck.org/2016/05/25/a...refuse-to-die/

Old 12-28-2020, 09:11 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,626,580 times
They're all equally effective because they all rely on the body producing antibodies against the spike protein.

Astra-Zeneca 100% effective

I would take the non-mRNA vaccine since it doesn't induce your body to produce the spike protein. The less interference in the body's processes, the less potential side effects.

Quote:
there is no need to make a vaccine for this virus its 99 percent survivable.
About 20 percent who get Covid have to be hospitalized. They recommend people get the pneumonia vaccine for the same reason. It becomes life-threatening if you have to go to the hospital. Also, you don't want to get dementia from hospitalizations. I know several who have had it and the effect on the brain seems to be very common.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:20 AM

14,831 posts, read 7,446,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
About 20 percent who get Covid have to be hospitalized.
Incorrect. It’s 20% of confirmed cases. Only 1 in 8-10 cases results in any contact with the medical system that results in it being counted as a confirmed case. The rest are cleared by natural immune responses.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:56 AM

3,500 posts, read 1,603,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
They're all equally effective because they all rely on the body producing antibodies against the spike protein.

Astra-Zeneca 100% effective

I would take the non-mRNA vaccine since it doesn't induce your body to produce the spike protein. The less interference in the body's processes, the less potential side effects.

About 20 percent who get Covid have to be hospitalized. They recommend people get the pneumonia vaccine for the same reason. It becomes life-threatening if you have to go to the hospital. Also, you don't want to get dementia from hospitalizations. I know several who have had it and the effect on the brain seems to be very common.
wow I never heard of dementia-related to hospitalizations. would you need to be hospitalized for years if this occurred? where did you hear hospitalizations could cause dementia?

Old 12-28-2020, 10:09 AM

18,910 posts, read 8,547,624 times
Quote:
wow I never heard of dementia-related to hospitalizations. would you need to be hospitalized for years if this occurred? where did you hear hospitalizations could cause dementia?
Short term dementia is not uncommon with acute hospitalizations. I think the referral is actually to Covid 19 causing dementia, and longer term.

As a doc I had major heart surgery in 2002 and got ICU syndrome. I had to sign myself out ANA on post op day #4!

Old 12-28-2020, 10:12 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,626,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Incorrect. It’s 20% of confirmed cases. Only 1 in 8-10 cases results in any contact with the medical system that results in it being counted as a confirmed case. The rest are cleared by natural immune responses.
It's 20 percent of young adults who may need to be hospitalization. 10 percent develop mild or moderate symptoms which can be treated at home or on an outpatient basis. 70 percent show little or no symptoms.

https://www.cdc.gov/hantavirus/resou...ospitalization.

The numbers are higher for the elderly. The figures overall are very similar to pneumonia.

Quote:
It's true of hospitalizations in general for the elderly. I spoke to a couple of old college friends who have had it. They are out but they still have brain fog after several months. They described Covid-19 as a bad flu or pneumonia for which they were treated for 3 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies