Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 02:32 AM

2,450 posts, read 981,656 times

Advertisements

2 weeks to flatten the curve that was 10 months ago. These politicians stole our freedoms. They will never give it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 03:49 AM

7,579 posts, read 3,691,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If it were up to the leftists, all of us would remain in our house except for a daily walk and a weekly trip to the grocery store, and on the government dole, while the ruling class goes out to expensive restaurants and takes trips to their vacation homes.
You are mostly correct, except replace grocery store with government run food line.we have to be sure people are eating the right foods for health cost reductions and climate justice. I think it would mostly be a tofu/bean high protein combination with maybe a little wheat and corn on the side. If there is enough money in the federal budget I think they might include a dessert once a week if we are true to the cause.

Old 12-25-2020, 04:16 AM

7,267 posts, read 4,604,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/CDCgov/st...40680847618049
Since that is a flat out impossible goal, is it fair to say they want to try and make restrictions permanent?
The trick is they don't say how they can be sure everyone got the vaccine. So they will have no meaningful way to track it.

But also their drug company masters told them to say this.

MY concern is that after 10 Million or so get the vaccine there will be zero difference.

They are already pushing the "new strain".

Old 12-25-2020, 07:31 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,774,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If it were up to the leftists, all of us would remain in our house except for a daily walk and a weekly trip to the grocery store, and on the government dole, while the ruling class goes out to expensive restaurants and takes trips to their vacation homes.
It does seem that way unfortunately.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:34 AM

16,375 posts, read 10,541,396 times
I find it amusing that Trump is taking credit for a vaccine developed by the very medical community that he mocked for most of the year and now many of his supporters are scared to take it, some even believing they contain tracking devices. They are apparently unaware that their cell phone they have with them at all times can be used as a tracking devise.

The Trump conservatives are the gift that keeps on giving for a retired guy with a laptop and a lot of time on my hands.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 12-25-2020 at 07:49 AM..

Old 12-25-2020, 08:07 AM

43,618 posts, read 18,687,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/CDCgov/st...40680847618049

Since that is a flat out impossible goal, is it fair to say they want to try and make restrictions permanent?
Ah...the sweet taste of power.

How hard to just give it up..right ?
They will milk this puppy for all it's worth.

Old 12-25-2020, 08:05 PM

5,880 posts, read 3,324,758 times
I am going to take the vaccine. That is my personal choice. I also understand why people may not want to. The vaccine should be totally voluntary. It should be a choice and not forced.

Old 12-25-2020, 08:10 PM

9,496 posts, read 10,868,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
2 weeks to flatten the curve that was 10 months ago. These politicians stole our freedoms. They will never give it back.
No they won’t.

We can take them back however.

Old 12-25-2020, 11:39 PM

1,081 posts, read 552,573 times
You can still contract and spread COVID19, whether or not you have had the vaccine.
The vaccine is expected to prevent severe illness. The two main vaccines are ~95% effective at preventing severe COVID19.
"Severe illness from COVID-19 is defined as needing care in a hospital or intensive care unit (ICU), needing to be on a ventilator, or dying due to COVID-19."
(https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ctiveness.html)

I question the logic of requiring everyone to get the vaccine. Unless you are pushing 50+ years old, the vaccine will provide minimal additional protection.
Your chances by age of having a severe case (requiring hospitalization) of COVID19:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...l-rate-by-age/
I would at the least refrain from vaccinating women of reproductive age.
"The authorizations for both vaccines state there are not enough data to gauge whether they are safe for pregnant or lactating people."
(https://www.statnews.com/2020/12/19/...erna-vaccines/)

I have no intention of getting the vaccine. I have had a severe allergic reaction to another common vaccine, have substance allergies, and I am allergic to several medications. Getting jabbed with this one presents more risks to me than actually getting the virus given my age and risk factors. I don't get flu vaccines - I just get whatever flu comes around (I even had H1N1 in 2009 and survived.)

Old 12-26-2020, 08:12 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,640,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
You can still contract and spread COVID19, whether or not you have had the vaccine., or dying due to COVID-19."
None of that is true. The trials tested for virus if they showed symptoms. They've showed that your chances of spreading the virus is very low if you don't presently have symptoms. The viral load is what matters in spreaders.

The vaccine may work beyond 6 months since the body may continue producing T-cells for much longer and the antibody production may resume when exposed a second time.

I would definitely get the vaccine since severe Covid seems to convey very long immunity while those who didn't have symptoms later came down with a much more severe case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies