Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 02:02 PM

889 posts, read 273,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
He's not doing this because he cares about people. He's doing it to poke a finger in Mitch McConnell's eye.
ya, thats the reason. not sure ive ever heard anything quite so TDS to date.

Old 12-24-2020, 03:22 PM

3,575 posts, read 2,205,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Well folks Trumpist and Moderate Republicans ..... No last moment Conceding to Trump anymore. The Fear of Trump's Base (well maybe not fear of Trumpist) and even fear-fest of Trump is over. OR IS IT.... They behind the scenes looooong knew Trump was not going to overturn this election.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Z9D?li=BBnbcA1

But OMG again, Trump will be LIVID. The notion of Democrats getting what they want cause TRUMP SAYS HE AGREED??? They said NOPE!!! I am now more worried he will do the WORST CASE SCENARIO and SANITY will go out the window to his -- I did not lose and I am not leaving and keeping my rightful throne.....

We have a few weeks to know. Will Millions show up to SHOUT-- TRUMP IS STAYING and Militias on his behalf call their backers to arms?

Will Trump attempt a sort of COUP?
Suspend the Constitution and any new election cannot be quickly anyway?
Force Congress to finally UNITE or if they do not????
Risk a Stock Market Crash and your 401k's moot.....
Are states where even Politicians call for seceding from the USA Union be ever so possible?
Will we even know on Jan 6th that Jan 20th as planned is a no go because of Trump's moves?
Congress sucks, they care only about them selves and their pet projects. Why is anybody blaming Trump he is trying to get them to do the right thing. It show which republicans and democrats to not vote for next time

Old 12-24-2020, 04:40 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,560,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
If Nancy Pelosi supported it, they figured they were duty-bound to oppose it.
Exactly!

Old 12-24-2020, 04:41 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,750,762 times
Quote:
House Republicans Block $2,000 Coronavirus Stimulus Checks, Defying Trump
Last I checked, the House was controlled by the Democrats. That means that if anyone can block the larger relief package from happening, only the Democrats can do it. If the House Republicans don't like it, too bad.

If the Democrats are willing to make it happen, they only need a few Republicans in the Senate to join them and they can do it. It really comes down to whether the Democrats are willing to do it or not.

Old 12-24-2020, 04:48 PM

13,288 posts, read 8,484,651 times
Get it slimmed down to stateside aide and not all these non American (foreign) assistance , then maybe it can pass.

Sure trump doesn't care about the citizens. It's been his MOP since day one. He though is strangely right that this package is lacking . And I say this as a person rarely agreeing with his decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies