Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 06:21 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,161,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
People who insist on all the problems of the world being solved before they celebrate will always be unhappy and make others unhappy.
Very insightful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 06:22 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,281,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
80,000,000 people voted for this. This is what the next 4 years is going to be like.
And you think usps is slammed now. Just wait until 80 million people start sending anonymous letters through the mail to their neighbors. Our mailboxes will be stuffed. Mailmen will need bigger bags, Recycle bins will be full with paper. It will be horrible for the environment.

Old 12-24-2020, 06:24 PM

35,337 posts, read 17,245,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am Jewish and have no problem with Christmas cheer. I don't know how Christmas cheer sews "division." Throughout high school I played in musical sections under stairwells in the school despite my own religious beliefs. On December 15, 1972 my mother told me that my father had gone terminal and he died three weeks later to the day. I still played that Friday night in the concert for the community to spread holiday cheer.

People who insist on all the problems of the world being solved before they celebrate will always be unhappy and make others unhappy.
Very insightful.
Thanks. And that was a last minute tag line. I'm not impressed by people who carry a mug of their face all the time.

Old 12-24-2020, 06:27 PM

17,881 posts, read 13,811,680 times
This is my favorite Christmas story of all time...

Frank The Christmas Gargoyle

https://cheezburger.com/13190149/hil...stmas-gargoyle

Old 12-24-2020, 08:36 PM

39,922 posts, read 26,621,072 times
Yeah, about that. Pi** off.

Congrats to the people with the display. Not only do they celebrate Christmas, they got to melt a snowflake.

Old 12-24-2020, 09:09 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,861,586 times
Sing to them.

(to the tune of Jingle Bells)

<bleep> yourselves
<bleep> yourselves
Why don't you <bleep> yourselves...

Old 12-24-2020, 09:24 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,540,714 times
My dad was a psycho alcoholic, I'd never tell anyone not to celebrate father's day because it offends me.

Old 12-24-2020, 09:33 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,964,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
80,000,000 people voted for this. This is what the next 4 years is going to be like.
What would Christmas be without Scrooge? Although, even Scrooge finally came around to the idea. Whoever wrote that letter has some major problems that have nothing to do with Christmas lights. I love Christmas lights - the more of them, the better. My friends even make fun of my lights, but they do it to my face and we all laugh together.

That person who hates Christmas lights and sends off anonymous letters of shame about them has got to be some lonely old crank who thinks that they know better than anyone else. How sad is that?

Redwood, I don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about. I was one of those people who voted for Biden, and I couldn't care less what his stance on Christmas lights is. BTW, Joe's a devout Catholic and he's not going to declare a war on Christmas or even Christmas lights anytime soon.

I suggest you pour yourself a glass of holiday cheer, use it to wash down a chill pill, and kick back and listen to some Christmas music until you regain your equilibrium again. Meanwhile, I'm going out to add some candlelit luminarias to my light display for Christmas Eve. I'll even light a candle for you, courtesy of the Democrats.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:34 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,641,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
This is my favorite Christmas story of all time...

Frank The Christmas Gargoyle

https://cheezburger.com/13190149/hil...stmas-gargoyle
Interesting. These ongoing "battles" can lead to problems down the road as demonstrations of instability and ongoing hostile intent when just walking away and minding one's own business is the preferred course of "action". For if this hostile person lashes out at one for such a long time they have evidenced an inclination to visit their ill will on others close to them as well. And this would be very bad for all involved.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2020, 12:06 AM

28,711 posts, read 18,903,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Interesting. These ongoing "battles" can lead to problems down the road as demonstrations of instability and ongoing hostile intent when just walking away and minding one's own business is the preferred course of "action". For if this hostile person lashes out at one for such a long time they have evidenced an inclination to visit their ill will on others close to them as well. And this would be very bad for all involved.

Merry Christmas!

It's an anonymous letter from one neighbor. A "micro-aggression." It's not up to the level of burning a cross in someone's yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies