Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2020, 08:00 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,628,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The only school prayer banned is that led by public school employees. Any student can say a prayer before a test or say grace before lunch. The teacher cannot lead the pretest prayer or grace before a meal.

The teacher consoling the student could do so and offer the prayer later.
Who would know they had to hide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2020, 08:26 PM

428 posts, read 226,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
“I had hoped that this wouldn't happen in North Carolina, but I thought there was a chance it may. I didn't expect it from a venue in Winston,” added Mayfield, 25, who has lived in the area for the past 10 years. May, 29, was born and raised in Winston-Salem.

Then the couple not want publicity shared it on a public facebook account.
Where does it say they expected to be denied by this establishment? That quote is actually saying the opposite.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyHeel View Post
Where does it say they expected to be denied by this establishment? That quote is actually saying the opposite.
Not by that one per se --- but in general they did expect it.

Now they have to decide what to do with it.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:36 PM

37,243 posts, read 41,470,606 times
Quote:
Who would know they had to hide?
The teacher knows that s/he cannot lead prayer in school.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:43 PM

Quote:
The teacher knows that s/he cannot lead prayer in school.
She wasn't leading prayer in school, just consoling a student who had suffered a great loss and they were standing in a hallway outside the classroom. It was a moment shared by two people that ended up with one of them in a court room ---

It took the SCOTUS awhile to stop taking those types of suits. Last I looked into it, they don't hear those any longer.

It speaks to what people do, when they believe they may have a payday law suit. And those who are victimized by such.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:

So you are just making up facts to fit your narrative?

Old 12-29-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyHeel View Post
So you are just making up facts to fit your narrative?
“I had hoped that this wouldn't happen in North Carolina, but I thought there was a chance it may. ... "

Old 12-29-2020, 08:56 PM

37,243 posts, read 41,470,606 times
Quote:
She wasn't leading prayer in school, just consoling a student who had suffered a great loss and they were standing in a hallway outside the classroom. It was a moment shared by two people that ended up with one of them in a court room ---

It took the SCOTUS awhile to stop taking those types of suits. Last I looked into it, they don't hear those any longer.

It speaks to what people do, when they believe they may have a payday law suit. And those who are victimized by such.

If she offered to say a prayer with a student while standing in a corridor in the school, she should have known better. Do it off school grounds.

Old 12-29-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
“I had hoped that this wouldn't happen in North Carolina, but I thought there was a chance it may. ... "
Yeah, not what that means. Here is a fun fact for you: Did you know that some scholars have speculated that the author whose pseudonym you use as your username was a lesbian? (Cue the Alanis Morissette music)

Old 12-29-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:
If she offered to say a prayer with a student while standing in a corridor in the school, she should have known better. Do it off school grounds.
Again --- who knew they would have to hide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies