Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2021, 01:11 AM

24,675 posts, read 9,493,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergesn View Post
Its getting worse and worse....... People are mean and uncaring,etc.......
Yup, when you have blacks randomly attacking Asians, you know something is wrong.

Covid lockdown are making criminals more bold to act crazy. There’s a mass shooting everyday.

We knew this was going to happen, but democrats just don’t care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2021, 01:30 AM

73,075 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
Well I can tell you from my own experienes: PEOPLE ARE MEAN AND CRUEL NOW (People around me who used to be nice (Neighbours,etc))
Many people have always been cruel and mean. I dealt with some people being mean and cruel during the late 1990s/early 2000s. People have been mean in cruel in the 1980s, 1970s,1960s, 1950s, and every time before that.

Old 04-09-2021, 04:00 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,302,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
The corrupt crooked system which the politicians love. Keep the people divided, and keep the campaign money flowing. Then you've got the media fanning the flames every step of the way.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:35 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,097,841 times
Quote:
Its getting worse and worse....... People are mean and uncaring,etc.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yup, when you have blacks randomly attacking Asians, you know something is wrong.

Covid lockdown are making criminals more bold to act crazy. There’s a mass shooting everyday.

We knew this was going to happen, but democrats just don’t care.

The racial hatred directed at WHITES is off the charts. The cultural terrorists have made it okay to attack whites as their agenda has been to make us sub-human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Let’s ignore the giant pink christian elephant in the living room
What?? Society has gotten WAY more "progressive" in these last couple decades, WAY LESS religious/Christian.

Think that's a coincidence that we now live in a grotesque, NASTY society where there is hatred everywhere at the same time that the disease of "progressivism" has been shoved down all our throats?

Not even for a half a second. But you know that.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:44 PM

8,706 posts, read 3,890,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
How much hate do most people experience in their daily lives if they turn off the news for one week?
They'd experience even less if they shut off their social media i.e. it's (far) more interactive.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:21 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,888,248 times
Quote:
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

ask a Liberal they lit the fire

Old 04-09-2021, 04:11 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,427,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
How much hate do most people experience in their daily lives if they turn off the news for one week?

All people are doing watching these shows is finding narratives that matches theirs. Then they are never happy again. Ninety five percent of these cables news shows are biased to their advertisers.

Old 04-10-2021, 06:24 AM

73,075 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
All people are doing watching these shows is finding narratives that matches theirs. Then they are never happy again. Ninety five percent of these cables news shows are biased to their advertisers.
Like I said before. Hatred and racism aren't getting worse. It's getting recorded, and social media is merely a reflection of what has always been. And many people will only listen to what lines up with their own beliefs. There has always been alot of hate in the United States of America. Race riots have been the norm for America from the very beginning.

Old 04-10-2021, 06:46 AM

18,480 posts, read 15,274,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Like I said before. Hatred and racism aren't getting worse. It's getting recorded, and social media is merely a reflection of what has always been. And many people will only listen to what lines up with their own beliefs. There has always been alot of hate in the United States of America. Race riots have been the norm for America from the very beginning.
Maybe we were better off when it was easier to avoid the hate. If what you are saying is true, then I grew up in a bubble where there wasn't all this hate. And you know what? I'm very glad I did. I feel bad for you that you didn't. But clearly we all grew up in our own bubbles. You grew up in your own bubble too. One which involved a lot of hate.

I think we would have been better off if the non-hate bubbles expanded and overtook the hate bubbles, rather than the other way around. I think that may be the difference between liberal thinking and conservative thinking. It seems to me like liberal thinking is often focused on expanding the misery.

Old 04-10-2021, 06:49 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,994,963 times
Quote:

Have you ever watched the UK Parliament?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies