Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2021, 05:52 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,177,116 times

Advertisements

Conflict is good for ratings. Facts are boring.

Bar Owner (to customers watching the news): “You guys want to watch this or American Gladiators?

Customers: “Gladiators.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 06:18 PM

8,054 posts, read 10,647,775 times
It's being perpetuated on purpose. Because it weakens us as a country from within.

Countries like China and Russia are focusing on building their wealth, their assets, and their military power.

We here in the US are wasting our time fighting over race, whether children can change their sex, we have drag queens reading and twerking to children at public libraries, we cater to those that thumb their noses at our immigration laws, we make a really big deal over who is allowed to use which bathroom, and have Hollywood stars that think they are the "moral" authority.

We have a President with dementia, and a Vice President that hasn't got a clue.

We are in big trouble.

Old 04-12-2021, 06:30 PM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
One side wants to go backwards when only land owning white men had rights...and one side wants to continue to strive for true equality and make an even better country.
Huh? What side only wants whites to have rights? Get a grip, will you?

The left however wants our country to be over run with foreign interlopers. How is that creating equality?

Old 04-12-2021, 08:46 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,166,642 times
I don’t think there is as much hatred as the media thinks there is....

Old 04-12-2021, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo Pygmaeus View Post
Indeed, they're on the right track, but they're slightly off base. A colorblind* oligarchy and complete corporate control of government seems more likely in the 21st Century than the white landowning aristocracy and weak democracy that the founders envisioned back in the 18th.

*for wealthy people of color like Barack Obama or Kamala Harris. Poor blacks (and whites)... not so much.

I don't think you're quite on the mark either. Capitalists are behind illegal immigration because undocumented labor is cheap, easy to exploit and can't be organized like traditional labor. The left died when the old labor movement sold out during the Cold War (which ultimately sewed the seeds of their own destruction).
No such thing as "undocumented labor". They are illegal aliens.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo Pygmaeus View Post
You're just going to have to suck it up and learn to deal with my politically incorrect terminology
But why use it? Ulterior motive?

Old 04-13-2021, 09:23 AM

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergesn View Post
I see alot of hate in people around me that I didnt used to see....... Its getting very scary to be quite honest with people!!
This is what you know. My reality is a bit different. Some people where I grew up were already hateful. People being hateful is nothing new to me.

Old 04-13-2021, 09:29 AM

29,536 posts, read 14,684,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I don’t think there is as much hatred as the media thinks there is....
I completely agree. Our politicians like to create division for their voting base. Our media outlets like to create division for the ratings. Social media likes to great division because the people using it want to prove their points learned from the politicians and the media , are the correct ones.

And all three of these things (politicians, media, social media) keep fanning the flames of division. And many people keep buying into it. This isn't going to get any better until all three are stopped.

Old 04-13-2021, 09:41 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,166,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
If you are a Democrat, go look in the mirror and you will have your answer, as to WHY there is so much hate in the U.S.

"How can you tell if you are in a book store owned by a Democrat? There is no humor section." - Bob Hope.

Just kidding! Kinda haha. On a serious note, I think we as Americans just need to take a moment and relax a bit. Turn off CNN, FOX, Facebook, Twitter for a week and don't allow the toxin into your body. Garbage in, garbage out. During this week, focus on smiling and laughing. I was watching a new British tv show that hilarious. After watching for a few minutes, I had to ask myself, "when did Americans stop being funny?" That thought saddened me.

Yes, we all have to deal with COVID, get that! But all this hostility (and 99% of it comes from the media) needs to be put on the back burner! Don't take the bait.

Yes racism exists, hostility exists but do you really think our government has to capability to do anything about it? Been to South Chicago or Baltimore lately? If you think our government can turn this problem around, joke's on you!

Old 04-13-2021, 09:55 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,676,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach13. View Post
There really isn't that much hate in the USA. Most Americans are pretty cordial with one another and everyone spends their days minding their own business. Most Americans do not spend their precious time obsessing over what Trump or Biden did or didn't do or said or didn't say. They don't obsess over politicizing every single thing under the sun from school shootings to pandemics, and they most certainly do not spend 20 hours online trying to one-up the other with "GOTCHA" news articles.

The hatred being espoused is coming from a very vocal minority section of the population, who have completely merged their personal identity with their political affiliation and have been bamboozled by their party/media outlet to view the other side as inherently evil, abhorrent, sinister, greedy, and corrupt. It also doesn't help that you have many of these obsessed people living in echo chambers, where they can disseminate their hateful rhetoric amongst one another and be rewarded for it by their peers, which only validates their stance and pushes them even further down the rabbit hole.

The hate you're seeing amongst some people on different sides of the political spectrum is almost indistinguishable from the hate two street gangs have for one another. This is what happens when the concept of "ingroup vs outgroup" reaches an unhealthy level of distrust.

That harris woman promised civil unrest before and after her election so people need to think before they vote. Normal Americans don't want her hate in their schools or home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies