Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2021, 06:50 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times

Advertisements

Ramming institutional racism against white people down our throats is not helping. Biden promising unity then doing everything he can to divide is not helping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 06:55 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
All people are doing watching these shows is finding narratives that matches theirs. Then they are never happy again. Ninety five percent of these cables news shows are biased to their advertisers.
Biased to audience thus creating niche ratings.

Advertisers follow the audience\ratings. Doesn't matter what your political affiliation is, chicken sandwiches, soap, cars and so forth sell across that spectrum.

Old 04-10-2021, 06:56 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Have you ever watched the UK Parliament?
Apparently not lol. OP probably hasn't seen other parts of the world where they arrest the opposition, shoot them, fist fight in sessions and so forth.

Old 04-10-2021, 06:56 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
All people are doing watching these shows is finding narratives that matches theirs. Then they are never happy again. Ninety five percent of these cables news shows are biased to their advertisers.
Yes, in other words, hate sells. Most regular people have nothing to do with hate. They are just living their lives.

It's high time that everybody realizes that.

Old 04-10-2021, 07:04 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Maybe we were better off when it was easier to avoid the hate. If what you are saying is true, then I grew up in a bubble where there wasn't all this hate. And you know what? I'm very glad I did. I feel bad for you that you didn't. But clearly we all grew up in our own bubbles. You grew up in your own bubble too. One which involved a lot of hate.

I think we would have been better off having the non-hate bubbles expand and overtake the hate bubbles, rather than the other way around. I think that may be the difference between liberal thinking and conservative thinking. It seems to me like liberal thinking is often focused on expanding the misery.
It depends on who you are. If you were "the other", you couldn't avoid hate unless you stuck to your own community and stayed away from everyone else, and learned to "not be a threat".

I've lived in different places throughout my life. Some places were better than others. Middle school and high school, I was living in a place where I struggled to fit in. I'm not saying I didn't have any friends. I did. I'm saying I did deal with some overt racism while living there. I couldn't avoid mean or hateful individuals because they either lived in my neighborhood or I went to my schools. It also didn't help that I started high school when Georgia was considering changing its state flag. Let's just say the Confederate flag, as far back as 2000, has been a racially polarizing subject.

There has never been any "non-hate" bubbles. Hate has been with America from day one. Traditionally, conservatism was the ideology for which you would be getting the most hatred from, if you were in the minority and on the outside. I'm talking about this from a position of history. The Ku Klux Klan was not liberal. The "Know-Nothings" were not liberals. McCarthyism wasn't liberal. George Wallace was a far-right winger (regardless of his party affiliations). The alt-right isn't liberal.

Old 04-10-2021, 07:18 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It depends on who you are. If you were "the other", you couldn't avoid hate unless you stuck to your own community and stayed away from everyone else, and learned to "not be a threat".

I've lived in different places throughout my life. Some places were better than others. Middle school and high school, I was living in a place where I struggled to fit in. I'm not saying I didn't have any friends. I did. I'm saying I did deal with some overt racism while living there. I couldn't avoid mean or hateful individuals because they either lived in my neighborhood or I went to my schools. It also didn't help that I started high school when Georgia was considering changing its state flag. Let's just say the Confederate flag, as far back as 2000, has been a racially polarizing subject.

There has never been any "non-hate" bubbles. Hate has been with America from day one. Traditionally, conservatism was the ideology for which you would be getting the most hatred from, if you were in the minority and on the outside. I'm talking about this from a position of history. The Ku Klux Klan was not liberal. The "Know-Nothings" were not liberals. McCarthyism wasn't liberal. George Wallace was a far-right winger (regardless of his party affiliations). The alt-right isn't liberal.
But history is not the present. It is history. When you are talking about your own personal history, I am empathetic. Where you lost me is when you started talking about the past. In the non-hate bubble, that you think doesn't exist, the people who live there dissociate from historical events that happened before they were born. History is merely there for teaching moments, of how not to act in the present. They aren't a part of current experience.

On the other hand, in the hate-bubble, people feel the pain of people who existed before they were even born, and have animosity toward people who had nothing to do with the injustices brought upon the people who existed before they were even born, just because they look like the unjust people of the past. This is part of the liberal indoctrination, not the conservative one.

Old 04-10-2021, 07:35 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
But history is not the present. It is history. When you are talking about your own personal history, I am empathetic. Where you lost me is when you started talking about the past. In the non-hate bubble, that you think doesn't exist, the people who live there dissociate from historical events that happened before they were born. History is merely there for teaching moments, of how not to act in the present. They aren't a part of current experience.

On the other hand, in the hate-bubble, people feel the pain of people who existed before they were even born, and have animosity toward people who had nothing to do with the injustices brought upon the people who existed before they were even born, just because they look like the unjust people of the past. This is part of the liberal indoctrination, not the conservative one.
I know that history is not the present. I was responding to you saying "it was easier when we could avoid hate". I thought "there has never been a way to avoid hate", in historical terms. I thought we were talking a bit about history. And I wasn't trying to push the pain of the past on anyone else. I was simply talking in terms of "it's always been this way, we're just hearing about it alot more through social media and television". I tend to view history like this. What happens now can affect what happens later. We should learn from the past, but many people do not. I'm saying many people haven't learned.

Revisiting the pain of the past on those in the present, this manifests itself with some liberals and conservatives, just differently and to different audiences.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:27 AM

5,956 posts, read 2,877,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Ramming institutional racism against white people down our throats is not helping. Biden promising unity then doing everything he can to divide is not helping.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:34 AM

18,459 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?

Because Democrats and the Media have taken it upon themselves to redefine "hate" as any opinions that they disagree with.

If you suddenly decided to define speeding as anything more than 20mph under the posted limit.....

Then all of a sudden, there'd be a lot more people speeding.

Duh.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:50 AM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:

I couldn't agree more. I am sick of people bringing up and living in the past when they weren't even alive back then. Do we still have racism today? Of course, but there isn't a race alive that doesn't have racists within its own group.

Those who live in the past do so to play victim for themselves. Bleeding heart white liberals do so for virtue signaling, are self-hating and you are right it's mainly liberals of all races that keep racism alive not conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies