Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2021, 04:49 PM

8,797 posts, read 3,953,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Because Democrats and the Media have taken it upon themselves to redefine "hate" as any opinions that they disagree with.
Do you mean in the same (hilariously ironic) way you're redefining hate as a construct of Democrats and the Media?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 05:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,719,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I think things have come to a head. I'm really surprised it has taken this long. What is wrong with the USA has been building for years. The hate, the politically divided populations. I feel the main root of these problems is a country made up of 50 states, that do not all belong in the same country. The cultural differences from one region to another is like going to another country It would be one thing if everyone got along, but that is not the case. Obviously things are not working. I'm not a Trump fan but honestly Trump isn't responsible for all the problems in the USA. They started long before he showed up in Politics. America doesn't work in its current form. It will either have to face reality and deal with what is wrong with it. Far to many people from different cultures that are not mixing well. America is not the country it once was. Alot of the problems were created by a sick Gov't, that needs a complete overhaul.
Really, though, things, overall, haven't changed a great deal for many decades. The Freedom Rides from the early 1960s never made it to their destination of New Orleans. Trying to drive though Alabama was like trying to get through an extremely hostile foreign country without success. It's a shame problems are still largely racial.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:39 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,241,477 times
Nothing makes you hate people more than living in the same country with them and listening to their opinions.

Old 04-11-2021, 05:26 AM

73,185 posts, read 62,892,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Really, though, things, overall, haven't changed a great deal for many decades. The Freedom Rides from the early 1960s never made it to their destination of New Orleans. Trying to drive though Alabama was like trying to get through an extremely hostile foreign country without success. It's a shame problems are still largely racial.
Well, this is how I see it. Hate and racism isn't getting worse. It's just getting recorded and reported more. Some things have changed for the better. No more Jim Crow laws. Some things, such as hatred within one's heart, some people still think that way.

Old 04-11-2021, 05:30 AM

24,832 posts, read 9,600,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Nothing makes you hate people more than living in the same country with them and listening to their opinions.
Kind of.

America is the most diverse country of any developed country on earth. It has the most blacks, Hispanics, and Asians of any developed country due to it's lenient immigration policies.

So every race believes they are right, and if they're not right, they're taught to be a victim of white people.

Old 04-11-2021, 07:08 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,241,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
America is the most diverse country of any developed country on earth. It has the most blacks, Hispanics, and Asians of any developed country due to it's lenient immigration policies.

So every race believes they are right, and if they're not right, they're taught to be a victim of white people.
What is the purpose of immigration? And what role does portraying non-whites as victims of white-supremacy play in immigration policy?

Old 04-11-2021, 08:20 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,869,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Kind of.

There are different kinds of diversity. The US might be the most racially diverse, yes. But Canada is a country that's far more ethnically diverse.

As a Canadian-American with European immigrant parents, I have little in common with most other "whites" in the US, technically speaking.

But when I'm around my childhood friends, who also have European immigrant parents (German, Italian, Greek, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian, Yugoslavian, Swiss, French, English, Scottish, Irish), I feel a common understanding.

Not everything is about race.

Old 04-11-2021, 11:41 AM

550 posts, read 370,077 times
Every American should be required to read and be quizzed on ‘State of Fear’ by Michael Crichton. The book answers your question about why there is so much hate in America.

Old 04-11-2021, 03:15 PM

73,185 posts, read 62,892,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpair View Post
Every American should be required to read and be quizzed on ‘State of Fear’ by Michael Crichton. The book answers your question about why there is so much hate in America.
I've never even heard of that book, until you mentioned it. I tried looking for the synopsis, because I don't have the time to read it all at this point.

I base the reason for so much hate in America on non-fiction things I read, rather than novels. I see it as history constantly repeating itself. What we see today happened years ago, on a much worse scale.

Old 04-11-2021, 03:30 PM

15,565 posts, read 10,570,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Why is their so much hate in the United States?

Simple, one side wants to preserve our Constitutional Republic as it was originally founded and the other side wishes to destroy it.
This
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies