Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2020, 02:14 PM

63,234 posts, read 29,351,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I wasn't speaking to people who disagree; I was speaking to people who stereotype groups of people (as a reason for hate, confrontation and spite) i.e. liberals, blondes, millennials and so on. I very clearly made the distinction in several of my posts; perhaps you should read them before you argue a point which wasn't made, lol.

Btw, again, despite the fact you 'disagree' with globalization, it is what it is; and it is most certainly my avouchment you don't understand and/or fear it.

More spiteful stereotyping re: groups of people which (again) speaks to my point.

A roll of the eyes, indeed i.e. utter nonsense. Happy New Year.
Once again, facts are facts. Facts aren't hatred or stereotyping they are what they are. I have a full understanding of globalization and all the other issues we face today that's how I form my opinions. Why do I have to repeat this to you?

When people make silly or false remarks yes they deserve a roll of the eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Then why don’t you Repubs go for comprehensive immigration reform? Trump hires illegals in his hotels in FL. Maybe you should write him a letter? Oops, better hurry. Jan. 20 will soon be here.
CIR is merely amnesty. Why would the Republicans want that or any law abiding Americans for that matter? For the umpteenth time!!!!! there is no evidence that Trump "knowingly" had any illegals working on his golf courses. Rich businessmen don't hire manual laborers themselves. When caught using fake or stolen documents to gain employment they were promptly fired and Trump uses e-verify on all of his properties now. No need for your sarcasm or making false statements either.

Last edited by Oldglory; 12-31-2020 at 03:05 PM..

Old 12-31-2020, 02:41 PM

27,718 posts, read 28,837,641 times
Quote:
Maids, nannies, hotel cleaners, landscaping, grass cutters, painters, car washers, meat and chicken processing plant work (really nasty, smelly work), picking vegetables and fruits.

Do you or any of your family want to do these tasks?? (At very low wages, I might add.)
So, what happens when American schools decline in academic standards because they get filled with illegal aliens and their children?

Suppose that most of our country becomes this way? Then what?

Old 12-31-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Most rich people are Republicans!
What has that to do with anything? Democrat businessmen are just as corrupt and greedy as those owned by the Republicans. They have both been known to hire illegal aliens to increase their profits.

It is mainstream, regular conservatives that oppose illegal immigration. While many on the liberal left embrace it in spite of the negative impact on our own citizens.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:05 PM

7,085 posts, read 9,610,218 times
Crabs in a barrel. We fight while the wealthy and powerful watch us from their lairs and laugh and point. All the while they pick our pockets while we scrap for crumbs from each other.

America is divided by design. Our division keeps focus away from those who are doing the real pilfering and pillaging. A divided house cannot stand is a very true statement. America has been falling and stumbling for decades.

What is sad is that the wealthy and powerful have made it so their inherited path to wealthiness is admired and lauded while a single mother on welfare is demonized.

Is one man who is head of a company really worth millions just because he graduated from Harvard? Or is it the many employees who come up with the ideas and then build those ideas into a product? Meanwhile, the overpaid CEO flies around in a jet to speaking engagements and TV interviews. Tough job! Definitely worth 1000% more than the lowest paid employee.

Talk about mind control. The more we are distracted, the more they take. Enjoy that $600 while citizens of other countries got thousands.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Crabs in a barrel. We fight while the wealthy and powerful watch us from their lairs and laugh and point. All the while they pick our pockets while we scrap for crumbs from each other.

America is divided by design. Our division keeps focus away from those who are doing the real pilfering and pillaging. A divided house cannot stand is a very true statement. America has been falling and stumbling for decades.

What is sad is that the wealthy and powerful have made it so their inherited path to wealthiness is admired and lauded while a single mother on welfare is demonized.

Is one man who is head of a company really worth millions just because he graduated from Harvard? Or is it the many employees who come up with the ideas and then build those ideas into a product? Meanwhile, the overpaid CEO flies around in a jet to speaking engagements and TV interviews. Tough job! Definitely worth 1000% more than the lowest paid employee.

Talk about mind control. The more we are distracted, the more they take. Enjoy that $600 while citizens of other countries got thousands.
I agree with only some of your statements. I don't demonize anyone for having the drive and fortitude to start a business and become wealthy from it. I do think they should pay a fair amount of taxes and pay their employees a fair wage though.

If someone is giving birth to kids they can't afford to raise without having the government (our taxes) support them then sorry but I have no sympathy for them. We are all in control of our own destinies and shouldn't be blaming others if we fail.

If we didn't have so many "immigrants" competing for jobs, taxes and resources in this country and instead put a stop to illegal immigration and controlled legal immigration better the employers would be forced to pay a liveable wage to Americans as they once did. I fault our government for not controlling either of those groups. I'm up in age and I remember when a blue-collared family man could support his entire family comfortably on only his wages.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:23 PM

33,341 posts, read 12,661,468 times
Quote:
Then why don’t you Repubs go for comprehensive immigration reform? Trump hires illegals in his hotels in FL. Maybe you should write him a letter? Oops, better hurry. Jan. 20 will soon be here.
I’m not a Republican, and I would never vote for Trump, but Trump was ready to go at one point.

If Chuck and Nancy hadn’t insisted on keeping both chain migration and the Lottery as it is, they might have had a deal.

Even if Chuck and Nancy had no hard objection to giving up those two things, I still don’t think they would have nor would do the deal because I think they think keeping the issue out there and poking with demonization is better politically than actually making a deal.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:33 PM

33,341 posts, read 12,661,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
CIR is merely amnesty. Why would the Republicans want that or any law abiding Americans for that matter? For the umpteenth time!!!!! there is no evidence that Trump "knowingly" had any illegals working on his golf courses. Rich businessmen don't hire manual laborers themselves. When caught using fake or stolen documents to gain employment they were promptly fired and Trump uses e-verify on all of his properties now. No need for your sarcasm or making false statements either.
Why do you care if people criticize Trump?

He’s a politician. He’s not your brother, nor brother-in-law, nor cousin, nor personal friend.

Is it because he’s a Republican, and everything is ‘Us vs. Them’ to you?

Is it because you know you made a bad choice, but don’t want to give an inch to admit that, so feel you have to reflexively defend him?

Is it because he claims to be pro-life and you are pro-life?

Old 12-31-2020, 03:33 PM

8,797 posts, read 3,956,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I did notice that there was no denial.
There is no need to go down the list of all spiteful stereotypes relative to blondes, homelessness, liberals, republicans, millennials, christians, atheists and so on - and check off the box of denial to each one in order to know stereotypes (or personal judgement of large groups of people as a whole) are nonsense/logically impossible and at the core of hatred (and lack of education) in this country.

Quote:
Most rich people are Republicans!
Many are non-partisan, particularly those who had to earn (as opposed to inherit) their money.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
There is no need to go down the list of all spiteful stereotypes relative to blondes, homelessness, liberals, republicans, millennials, christians, atheists and so on - and check off the box of denial to each one in order to know stereotypes (or personal judgement of large groups of people as a whole) are nonsense/logically impossible and at the core of hatred (and lack of education) in this country.

Many are non-partisan, particularly those who had to earn (as opposed to inherit) their money.
You just can't seem to grasp the difference between factual stereotyping of many in a group and disagreement with their views without using the word "hate", can you? Every disagreement is not based on hate and many stereotypes are just the facts. One can't factual stereotype many or most in a group but also saying or believing that they are not all of that same stereotype? You seem to have one gigantic chip on your shoulder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies