Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2021, 07:48 PM

27,637 posts, read 28,738,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Agreed...RACISM is the root of hate in the United States.
Is it hateful to state that black people commit an extremely disproportionate number of violent crimes in the United States?

Is the truth hateful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 07:54 PM

63,016 posts, read 29,223,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Well, but this is understandable. No matter what political side he would have been on, our current president has proven to be dishonest, incapable and mostly, mentally-unwell, being unworthy of such a position. It is a negative point since he is such a troublemaker, unlike any real, functioning president.

One having chosen to vote for those such as Clinton or Obama is entirely different from the horror show experienced the past 4 years, when being merely about voting for an opposing party. The current situation is unusual and cannot be compared.

I have heard of instances where some may have parted ways over this presidency, but maybe not to the extreme you mention. However, in the case of one never having their reasoning understood to not support an abominable individual (under any circumstances), I can see how one could end communication over.

I rest my case....
Again, your mere opinion doesn't equate to the facts. I'm sure all politicians lie to a certain extent but Trump is not the evil person you are painting here. Where's this so-called proof? The mainstream media, the lying left?

Horror show? WTH are you talking about? On second thought, go spew your lies, hatred and insults with someone else. I'm not interested in reading your garbage anymore. You have no case to rest.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Yes, Trump supporters want to go back to the 1950’s, when Racism was rampant. They have low self-esteem and want to feel better than other people, like blacks!
Some may but not the majority of Trump supporters so why are you continuing with this? I'm an elderly white male and don't have a racist bone in my body. In fact I have three close black friends. I have no desire to return to the racism of the 50's but there were good things about that decade also.

It's many on the left that suffers from low self-esteem since they feel the need to attack, insult and spew hatred themselves as you are! You need to stop watching CNN and stop listening to the lies of the left!

Old 01-01-2021, 09:42 PM

8,717 posts, read 3,898,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have no desire to return to the racism of the 50's but there were good things about that decade also.
Point being, it's 2021 i.e. an ever-changing world in which education is key to staying competitive, as a whole (as opposed to denouncing globalization or thinking as if it were the 1950's).

Old 01-02-2021, 12:35 AM

10,242 posts, read 15,955,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
Partly because I honest to God see most liberals and Democrats as being disloyal to our country and refusing to put our own country and our own citizens first. Democrats also side with foreign nations and foreign nations and place their interests before those of the United States, such has with unfair trade agreements like NAFTA designed to benefit other countries over us and place them in a dominant position over us. The same is true of welcoming the illegal alien caravans and giving benefits to Dreamers and all the sympathy they show to illegal aliens.

Old 01-02-2021, 04:16 AM

4,886 posts, read 2,690,603 times
we really have become of country of us against them..no matter which side you're on..and Trump has really accelerated this phenomenon..

Old 01-02-2021, 05:42 AM

596 posts, read 303,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
Sorry WhyRUMad, I'm a little late to the party and didn't feel like reading through all the posts, but I do agree with you. I think it is predominantly social media which has opened the biggest can of worms. Most people, will speak what's on their mind when they're under the cloak of anonymity. Some will make the same comments in person, but most won't. I do think even that is changing. I know in the old neighborhood I lived in, I would walk with my golden retriever and say hi to everyone. Twenty years ago most people would give me a wave or say hi back. Lately, I noticed about one in three not only not acknowledging me but actually giving me a dirty look with a "what do you want" type of expression". Some of these things seem racially motivated, and others are simply people snubbing their noses at those that don't have as many materialistic things as they do. On the political fronts, it's the rooting for political parties like they're baseball teams instead of just looking at issues (and the immediate labeling of others who don't agree with someone's viewpoint as a crazy lefty or righty doesn't help). It's really quite sad.

Last edited by BobPhipps; 01-02-2021 at 05:57 AM..

Old 01-02-2021, 05:48 AM

24,026 posts, read 15,129,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Partly because I honest to God see most liberals and Democrats as being disloyal to our country and refusing to put our own country and our own citizens first. Democrats also side with foreign nations and foreign nations and place their interests before those of the United States, such has with unfair trade agreements like NAFTA designed to benefit other countries over us and place them in a dominant position over us. The same is true of welcoming the illegal alien caravans and giving benefits to Dreamers and all the sympathy they show to illegal aliens.
What do you suggest we to do with grown up people who were brought into the USA illegally as children by their parents?

Give them some sort of legal status and no benefits? What about collecting payroll taxes but not allowing them to collect social security? How would that work?

Old 01-02-2021, 06:04 AM

596 posts, read 303,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
we really have become of country of us against them..no matter which side you're on..and Trump has really accelerated this phenomenon..
He certainly didn't help the matter, but I don't know many politicians on either side of the aisle that have been very respectful (most are very condescending of anyone with a different viewpoint). The only exception to that that I've seen in the last decade is probably Paul Ryan, who is hated by people in both parties.

Old 01-02-2021, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Point being, it's 2021 i.e. an ever-changing world in which education is key to staying competitive, as a whole (as opposed to denouncing globalization or thinking as if it were the 1950's).
You mean a formal education? Many Americans can't afford that. Are you demonizing those in the trades aka blue-collared workers for not going to college? Not all of those jobs can be automated and many Americans prefer those types of jobs instead of sitting at a desk all day. Nothing wrong with that and they are just as essential to our economy as they were in the 50's. I'd like to see us return to having more manufacturing jobs on our soil instead of sending those jobs overseas. Is that somehow undesirable to you?

Just exactly what do you mean by globalization and what has opposing the negatives of it have to do with hate? I have no problem with us dealing with foreign countries in terms of trade but full globalization is much more than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies