Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2021, 04:04 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,675,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Serious question:

Blacks have committed hundreds of thousands of acts of hate against whites in America. Rape, murder, assault - most of it hate crimes. Natives did unspeakable horror to their fellow man before Europeans even got here. Some tribes welcomed Europeans, they were so afraid of their fellow Natives.

Why don't you demand they, as groups of people, collectively, feel guilty?

Why is it only whites as a group must be dehumanized by the likes of you and most Leftists today in America?
It was three black thugs who abducted, robbed and murdered my cousin so I can tell you they do like to target innocent white women, among others. A family friend was also murdered while he closed his store one evening but that one wasn't caught. The holidays to me are especially joyous knowing those thugs are sitting a cold, dank, dark, prison cell at the Ohio State Pen for the rest of their miserable lives.

As I have previously posted, Empire of the Summer Moon
is an accurate history of the horrors done by Indians to Indians, Indians to Whites, and Whites to Indians. Innocent White babies were roasted live on Indian fires for example as well as some tribes joining Americans for protection against other tribes.

Some will learn from history to make our future better while others just use it as a stick to put in other's eye while failing to look in the mirror at themselves or meditate on their own behavior. I will never allow anyone to put their monkey on back, apologize for things I never did, and will always support our LE who keep us safe from thugs who never learned how to behave in society. President Donald Trump supports our LE while that obummer discredited them to allow more of thug violence. Just a study in Social Psychology.

Last edited by Heidi60; 01-02-2021 at 04:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 04:13 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Illegal immigration also causes schools that were once rated 8-10 to drop to 4-6 in a matter of years.
What's your point? You think Nancy Pelosi is sending her kids to a 4-rated school with a bunch of illegal immigrants? Or Jeff Bezos or any of the rest of them. You think you run this country?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-not-do-laund/

California schools went from some of the best in the country to some of the worst, all while California's economy continues to boom. How? Because it isn't that every California school got worse. At the top end the schools are better than ever, and California has some of the top universities in the country. Only those at the bottom, poor people, have seen their schools get worse. And poor people don't matter.

Old 01-02-2021, 05:00 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,675,603 times
My DH used to substitute at a public school but decided against that when he was told that if someone writes their name on a homework assignment, they were given full credit. Anyone I know sends their kids to private schools for safety and some of them actually teach. How far do we have to dumb down our schools before we lose the entire country?

Old 01-02-2021, 07:58 PM

8,690 posts, read 3,879,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We are too far divided these days and one of the reasons is people like you who equate a differing view to "hate". You need to learn the difference between objection and hate but I doubt you'd even try.
The difference being re: the ability to voice the issue, as a whole, in a rational, cohesive (and relevant) manner rather than skew posts and make it a battle of bickering grade-school insults re: liberals, millennials, Californians, Gen X'ers, satire, or myself.

Once again, it simply validates my point re: those who have a tendency to hate/attack anything that which isn't like them. The country has become intolerant out of (what some believe to be) uncertainty i.e. fear; hence the (misguided) 'Make America Great Again' (their symbol of a return to security and 'easier times', so to speak).

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 01-02-2021 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-02-2021, 08:02 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,778,487 times
The reactionary forces in the USA have always caused the hate and violence.

Old 01-02-2021, 08:18 PM

62,997 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
The difference being re: the ability to voice the issue, as a whole, in a rational, cohesive (and relevant) manner rather than skew posts and make it a battle of bickering grade-school insults re: liberals, millennials, Californians, Gen X'ers, satire, or myself.

Once again, it simply validates my point re: those who have a tendency to hate/attack anything that which isn't like them. The country has become intolerant out of (what some believe to be) uncertainty i.e. fear; hence the (misguided) 'Make America Great Again' (their symbol of a return to security and 'easier times', so to speak).
I guess you haven't read the numerous hate filled insults by the liberal left in here then against anyone who doesn't agree with their views and voted for someone that they didn't like?

Your second paragraph fits the liberal left to a tee. The evidence is in black and white in this forum alone. You have no idea what "Make America Great Again" really means, do you? It's not a negative but a positive because some things in this country aren't great anymore and that's a fact.

Old 01-02-2021, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
How far do we have to dumb down our schools before we lose the entire country?
You seem to be confused about the purpose of public schools.

Old 01-02-2021, 08:42 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,380,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I guess you haven't read the numerous hate filled insults by the liberal left in here then against anyone who doesn't agree with their views and voted for someone that they didn't like?

Your second paragraph fits the liberal left to a tee. The evidence is in black and white in this forum alone. You have no idea what "Make America Great Again" really means, do you? It's not a negative but a positive because some things in this country aren't great anymore and that's a fact.
Yeah, I know you want to go back to the 1950’s.

Old 01-02-2021, 08:54 PM

27,586 posts, read 28,693,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You seem to be confused about the purpose of public schools.
It would appear that schools with high ratings have a very different purpose from schools with low ratings.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It would appear that schools with high ratings have a very different purpose from schools with low ratings.
Not as much as you think. I don't think the curriculum is much different, but the kids who go to the more expensive schools tend to be more willing to learn, and often more motivated to do well. Whereas the poorer schools are full of kids who don't want to be there, and the school itself operates more as a babysitter than for education.

But what is the purpose of school? I'm not saying that people don't learn at school. But I think it's overstated. If you had to relearn all the things you learned at school, how long would it take? Thirteen years? Pretty much everything you learned in public school was pretty basic stuff, the fundamentals. And half the stuff you've already forgotten because it was useless.

The vast majority of the things you know today you learned outside of a school. And whether school helped you learn the basics of say reading, to get good at reading you have to practice. To be good at writing you have to practice. The vast majority of what I've read and written came outside of a school. Even this website has given me much more practice than school ever did. And in fact, the inspiration that comes from our debates has led me to read far more than I ever did in a school.

If school isn't for education, what is it for? School primary operates as a sorting mechanism. Test kids, find the smart ones, push them into advanced-placement classes, then into college, etc. Or just steer kids into careers based on their ability and their interests. Though the most important aspect of school is socializing children(the rules of social interaction), and then teaching them discipline.

Steven Pinker has basically claimed such.

https://youtu.be/zzK3jS209GI?t=2142

So has Noam Chomsky.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdNAUJWJN08

But I think most people secretly know this. And when someone says "good schools", they don't really mean the quality of education. They mean a safe place for their kids to go when they're at work. Good schools really mean, good neighborhood, good people, good kids, safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omx5KrRVkMc

And for really high-end schools a lot of it is about social-networking, like Alumni associations who promote each other in an almost nepotistic kind of way. Obviously if your kid becomes friends with the other rich kids, they might give them a job, or work together on a business idea, or whatever. Which is much better than sending your kid to a school where most kids not only won't do anything, but have no desire to.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 01-03-2021 at 12:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies