Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2020, 10:45 AM

10,798 posts, read 3,615,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Canada is 72% European white. You’re fooling nobody.

Go back to the Canada forum. Please.
You are ignoring the actual facts I just presented to you. "White" does not mean anything. Are you saying a "white" Jewish person is the same as a "white" Muslim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 10:46 AM

33,596 posts, read 18,237,546 times
HATETRUMP TV ON 24/7 for over 4 years.. the false profit on MSM to put out falsehoods because our president had an agenda to put Americans first. Plain and Simple.. special interests had to take a back seat because Trump actually got things done for the Americans, not the globalists, the politicians that line their pockets with giving favors. They hated anyone who would do such a thing . Same thing happened when Ross Perot came into Washington to put Americans first. Both parties smeared him.

We were NEVER PUT FIRST. They just appease us once in a while to make it look good. Reality is they do very little for the common folks.

Old 12-26-2020, 10:47 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,531,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You are ignoring the actual facts I just presented to you. "White" does not mean anything. Are you saying a "white" Jewish person is the same as a "white" Muslim?
I admit that I ignore most everything that you write here. But I do know the stats. They are available to anyone willing to do five minutes of research.

You’re full of it. As usual.

Go back to the Canada forum. Please.

Old 12-26-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
To be honest, many countries have a history of racial violence. The USA isn't alone in this. As for the USA, racial harmony has never been a thing. Racial hatred has been around from day one.
Absolutely they do. But the USA ignores it's genocide.

Old 12-26-2020, 10:58 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,735,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
Life in the US is a total rat race. We are overworked, underpaid, overtaxed and only receive a 2-week paid vacation at work if lucky. Government only helps some people.

Old 12-26-2020, 10:59 AM

73,155 posts, read 62,859,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Absolutely they do. But the USA ignores it's genocide.
Many countries ignore their genocides. Many don't, and they apologize. Some, however, ignore their genocide. What I do see in the USA is this. I don't see denial of that genocide. What I see is this. If you refer to it as a genocide, you get accused of "pandering to political correctness".

Old 12-26-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Many countries ignore their genocides. Many don't, and they apologize. Some, however, ignore their genocide. What I do see in the USA is this. I don't see denial of that genocide. What I see is this. If you refer to it as a genocide, you get accused of "pandering to political correctness".
And that is a huge problem. All countries should acknowledge their wrong pasts (and many won't). However, it does not play well to being the promoter of doing the right things if they don't. The USA is slowly coming to terms with issues around slavery and it's past, but ignores others to a great degree. The First Nations genocides, the internment of Japanese, the secret wars in the "banana republics", and many more. I recognize these things are not top of mind, and often uncomfortable, but if Germany can deal with it's horrific past, why can't the USA?

Old 12-26-2020, 11:35 AM

27,694 posts, read 28,815,324 times
Quote:
Okay then. I want you to do more than just say that. I want you to expand on this point and explain yourself on how you think Blacks and Hispanics play a role in hate being a problem in America. I will likely not like what you have to say, and I will likely come up with a counterpoint, but just the same, explain your point in further detail.
The United States was founded on the idea of equality as stated in the very first line of the Declaration of Independence. Unfortunately, we may have to accept the reality that this is a failed dream that will probably never be achieved.

We very clearly have caste-like minorities in this country. The cause of this is human differences. I'm afraid we have reached the end of the road.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 12-26-2020 at 11:46 AM..

Old 12-26-2020, 12:05 PM

1,517 posts, read 544,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone1791 View Post
I think it's just one word. Trump.

By far and away Trump is the most divisive POTUS in our history. Divide and conquer is his core strategy, he didn't help the situation he drove the wedge deeper. Media and Social media played a part because they covered all of his stupid tweets. Only policy related tweets should be covered by the media, they should ignore the other crap.

Old 12-26-2020, 12:17 PM

726 posts, read 330,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
...the false profit on MSM to put out falsehoods...
On occasion, the MSM report a falsehood, which usually gets fact-checked and caught pretty quickly and then retracted. (I'm not including FoxNews here.) Otherwise, the MSM is NOT putting out falsehoods as you claim. An impeached president who claims "fake news" at news he doesn't like does NOT make such news false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump actually got things done... [not for] the politicians that line their pockets with giving favors.....
That's an awfully ironic assertion, knowing that Trump has repeatedly violated the Emoluments Clause of the U.S. Constitution (lined his own pockets), AND has shamelessly pardoned (given favors to) the criminals who kept their mouths shut about Trump's own involvement in criminal activities!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies