Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2020, 01:29 PM

73,152 posts, read 62,828,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The United States was founded on the idea of equality as stated in the very first line of the Declaration of Independence. Unfortunately, we may have to accept the reality that this is a failed dream that will probably never be achieved.

We very clearly have caste-like minorities in this country. The cause of this is human differences. I'm afraid we have reached the end of the road.
There is a reason why have "Caste-like" minorities, and it isn't because of "human differences".

The USA was supposed to be about equality. However, when they said all men were created equal, they weren't referring to the enslaved. The founding fathers knew that the issue of slavery would be an albatross in the future. No one knew what to do about this because there was not much intention of freeing the slaves and making them part of American society as citizens. That ended up happening anyway. After the Civil War the 14th Amendment was passed giving all natural born persons citizenship, giving Blacks citizenship. Citizenship did not mean Blacks would have their rights respected. Even with Grant trying to make sure those rights would be respected, there was alot of resistance. Eventually, Reconstruction ended and then Jim Crow began, and continued until the 1960s. Blacks also faced fierce discrimination in other parts of the USA, albeit in different ways.

Blacks were made into a "caste" minority because of how they were treated and the position they were put in. There was no intention to have Blacks be part of American society. There has been fierce resistance against having Blacks be part of American society for a long time. Black sociologist E. Frank Frazier mentioned that slavery had its effects on the Black population long after it ended, namely with the relatively high out of wedlock birth rates and relatively higher rates of fatherless homes. This was mentioned in 1939. Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan picked that up and ran with it in the early 1960s. The way Blacks got here, the way Blacks were treated, that had more to do with what has been going on with Blacks.

The hate that we have in America has been in the making for the last 250 years. There has been hatred/hubris directed at Blacks from the moment they were brought here (as in they didn't have say in coming) from day one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 01:35 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,692,489 times
Bone 1791 - WOW, what do you call the Biden family money laundering business?

When they stop teaching American and World History in schools the door is open for totalitarianism instead of freedom. We need to step back and take a look at why the media is so corrupt, schools teach not to respect home, city, county, state, and country. Many people today are just manipulated by those who want to change American, and not for the good.

Last edited by Heidi60; 12-26-2020 at 01:45 PM..

Old 12-26-2020, 01:38 PM

This is something that requires an answer, When has there NOT been any hatred in the USA?

Old 12-26-2020, 01:49 PM

13,708 posts, read 4,986,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
Guess you've never been to Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, Venezuela, India, Nigeria or Sudan (oe UK during the Brexit debates). More political hate in those places.

Old 12-26-2020, 01:50 PM

7,977 posts, read 5,005,929 times
Look to leadership every time. They set the tone

Old 12-26-2020, 01:58 PM

1,937 posts, read 563,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Look to leadership every time. They set the tone
If you consider MSM the 'leadership', ok. That is who sets the tone, in the US anyway.

Old 12-26-2020, 02:00 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,408,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
So far it doesn’t sound like anyone has a valid answer. I’m just hearing “they suck and we know better so we hate them.” On both sides.

I’m still leaning toward Americans being glued to social media and highly divided opinionated “news” networks looking to stoke emotions for profits. That is the only difference I see between the US and other nations, many of which also have divided governments and political opinions. Yet in the US we are drowning in hate.
Sounds like you are trying hard to prove a point about the media?

Old 12-26-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Guess you've never been to Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, Venezuela, India, Nigeria or Sudan (oe UK during the Brexit debates). More political hate in those places.
Alot of people aren't thinking about those countries. Many are concerned about the USA, nowhere else.

Old 12-26-2020, 02:01 PM

726 posts, read 330,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
WOW, what do you call the Biden family money laundering business?
Money laundering is a crime. If there's evidence of such a crime, maybe you can tell me why Trump's appointed Attorney General has not filed charges of such a crime.

But it's funny you should bring this up, because actually, I expect in the near future we're going to be hearing about Trump, Trump's organization, and Giuliani associated with this crime of money laundering.

Old 12-26-2020, 02:08 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,408,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
We have CNN and NPR. That is really all that needs to be said. Most countries don't allow such horrible media channels to create divide.

The entire agenda of the left while Trump was in office was to use race as a divider in our country. They went so far as to say anyone that voted for Trump IS a racist! That was the boiling point for a lot of people including a lot of more moderate types.

I was a Democrat all my life and voted for Democrats my life and I am in my 50's. As things are now, I left the Democratic Party and first became an Independent, but then I can't vote in the primary in my dumb Democratic run state, so I am not believe it or not a Republican. I never thought I would ever do that, but I CAN'T be part of this hateful group. Horrible, just horrible.
You just joined the biggest group of haters of the
common man and woman out there, republicans!

Just the mere fact you posted about Trump not being a racist
tells us all we need to know. Trump grew up in a nazi loving house, keep that
in mind.
Horrible ,just horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies