Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2020, 07:43 PM

52,503 posts, read 53,050,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
You have to be kidding! I see it all the time on this forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Come on. You call this forum real life? Its a forum of keyboard warriors.

The hate is caused by the media constantly fanning the flames. The Dems along with Obama did their share with the class warfare approach to politics. Be honest. Anyone who disagreed with Obama's politics, was labeled a racist by his supporters.

In real life very few people express their opinions like they do on here. On here they are anonymous, they are safe from accountability.
CD isn't real life. You've got kooks here on either side. The media is doing things to this nation that is so beyond immoral in my opinion. The problem in my opinion is that enough people arent savvy enough to see propaganda and understand the power dynamics at play. The elite are punching down and the media, politicians and big tech are all in on the game.

Keep the populace mad, divided, and upset so we won't see the raping and pillaging the elites are perpetuating on the American people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 08:33 PM

6,424 posts, read 7,723,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
And that is what is wrong with the USA. Won't acknowledge its past misdeeds, to heal the wounds, and compensate those that were affected. Germany did so to Israel until 1989, and also paid Poland, Russia, Greece and other countries. Why not? What is different between the genocide of Jews by the Nazis and the genocide of Native Americans by the United States??

Genocide is genocide. It was a calculated policy by the US government.
You are free to acknowledge anything you want, as for me, there are no past misdeeds so no wounds to heal or compensation for those who claim to be affected because of their imagination. I worked for my pay check, so should others, I have no possible reason to allow anyone to put their greedy monkey on my back and no redistribution of my life savings.

I am glad you are concerned about American history and highly recommend a book called Empire of the Summer Moon which describes how stolen infants were burned alive on Indian fires among other atrocities. The book is one of the most unbias history books out there, not rewriting history for the pity me game. Today, Native American Indian women are murdered by other Indians than any other female group in America.

The calculated policies by obummer has been an American disgrace so he is dangerous for decent people who actually earned their way in the world. He is a life long product of living off the American taxpayer and has never been capable of anything else and has nothing to contribute.

Last edited by Heidi60; 12-26-2020 at 08:59 PM..

Old 12-26-2020, 08:55 PM

10,796 posts, read 3,630,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Look it up, but there were reparations paid by the US gov’t some years ago to tribes. And were given land near Mt. Rushmore.
"They" already owned the land. A genocide was performed on many tribes. The list is long. The land was stolen from them. Period. They are owed reparations, or the land returned to them. It's not their fault invaders from the east "developed" it. Ask Oklahoma.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:56 PM

10,796 posts, read 3,630,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
You are free to acknowledge anything you want, as for me, there are no past misdeeds so no wounds to heal or compensation for those who claim to be affected because of their imagination. I worked for my pay check, so should others, I have no possible reason to allow anyone to put their greedy monkey on my back and no redistribution of my life savings.

I am glad you are concerned about American history and highly recommend a book called Empire of the Summer Moon which describes how stolen infants were burned alive on Indian fires among other atrocities. The book is one of the most unbias history books out there, not rewriting history for the pity me game. Today, Native American Indian women are murdered by other Indians than any other female group in America.

The calculated policies by obummer has been an American disgrace so he is dangerous for decent people who actually earned their way in the world.
Whose land are non-natives on? What makes that land, stolen in a genocide, legitmate?

Old 12-26-2020, 10:49 PM

6,424 posts, read 7,723,762 times
Quote:
Whose land are non-natives on? What makes that land, stolen in a genocide, legitmate?

I highly recommend you read a book called Empire of the Summer Moon since I have no interest in reading it to you.

Old 12-26-2020, 10:49 PM

4,928 posts, read 3,392,404 times
Just the inevitable result of a very "diverse" society.

But I thought diversity was our strength???

Old 12-26-2020, 11:38 PM

33,623 posts, read 12,816,058 times
Quote:
And that is what is wrong with the USA. Won't acknowledge its past misdeeds, to heal the wounds, and compensate those that were affected. Germany did so to Israel until 1989, and also paid Poland, Russia, Greece and other countries. Why not? What is different between the genocide of Jews by the Nazis and the genocide of Native Americans by the United States??

Genocide is genocide. It was a calculated policy by the US government.
Yet apparently we aren’t vile enough to (pre-COVID) have discouraged some snowbirds .

Old 12-26-2020, 11:59 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,799,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Why is their so much hate in the United States?

Simple, one side wants to preserve our Constitutional Republic as it was originally founded and the other side wishes to destroy it.
Says the party that wants to nullify state elections. Guess they want to preserve our constitutional republic unless it’s inconvenient.

Old 12-27-2020, 03:15 AM

14,845 posts, read 8,258,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
and I'm going off of memory, lets see how well I do
His original "positive" list was... 7th in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life-expectancy, 178th infant-mortality, 3rd in medium household income, 4th in labor force, and 4th in exports.

My question was, if we were #1 in all of those, would that make us a great country? If not, what would?

Quote:
With only two-parties in control, the narrative is also controlled.
The narrative is controlled everywhere.

Quote:
Apparently America can not be all full of hate as the op suggests, because if it was --- people would just find another place to be and another country in which to hang their hats.
People only come here for one reason. And they only stay here for one reason.

Quote:
The questions of democracy is simple. Do the people want more choices in how to live their lives or do they want fewer choices in how they are to live their lives? The government would have them to believe that through the voting process (the only area democracy is applied) they have made their choices --- now a person has to decide, believe it or not.
People want money. As long as the government is making the economy grow, they don't care if we're a democracy or a totalitarian state, and neither do the corporations who hold the real power.

Old 12-27-2020, 06:33 AM

1,664 posts, read 990,807 times
Why so much hatred?

Because people hate things, people and ideas that they do not understand. They hate because other people are different from other people. They don't like it when others force feed ideals, facts, differences upon others. People loves to feel inferior, yet burdened by those who question their motives and ideas. These same "inferior" beings sees the rest of us as road blocks who gets in the way of their takeover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies