Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2020, 03:42 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,981,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
Its all by design.
I see those on the left and right that are on the internet as well as family and friends, at each others throats. Literally.

But the politicians themselves seem to to have little problem in getting with each other, not only for business but pleasure as well. They go out and eat and party together and screw each other.

There are pictures of Trump and the Clintons eating out together, joking and laughing.
The biggest two nemesis of all.
According to the partisan hacks, they should he clawing each others eyes out.

It tells us it is all BS, and those playing the game are being taken for jackasses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 03:47 PM

52,501 posts, read 53,050,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
It is what it is. I think maybe it is a curse of the land itself upon the nation because of desecration and defilement.

It started in the late 1400's with the discovery of the Americas and just grew and grew from there and here ya go now, 500+ years later. If you look back to the beginning of European colonization in North America and work your way forward to now you'll discover that USA has always been a warrior nation that needs to have somebody / something to make war against, to conquer, subjugate and control.

From its very inception of colonization the USA nation has been continuously involved in more wars and conspiracies than any other nation in the world. Be it against mother nature and natural resources, other people in or from other countries, friends and closest neighbours, political factions and governments of the land and everywhere else, laws, religions and gods, education, different ideas and ideals, even each against one's own self.

It just is what it is and the nation doesn't know anything different and doesn't know any better and it won't know until the curse is broken.

It's this kind of lopsided uneven analysis of the country that is going to be our undoing.

It's happening in real time. I hope those with backbones stand up and pushback.

Old 12-27-2020, 04:27 PM

6,424 posts, read 7,723,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I am ashamed of most of the posters on this thread because of the extreme hate I see coming from the Right Wingers here. No wonder the United States is so divided. Right Wingers and their lame duck President are destroying what is left our democracy. Shame on all of you!
Thank you, however, I do not allow anyone to put their monkey on my back.

Make America Great Again!

Old 12-27-2020, 04:34 PM

73,220 posts, read 63,084,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Thank you, however, I do not allow anyone to put their monkey on my back.

Make America Great Again!
When was America great? When did it stop being great?

Old 12-27-2020, 05:13 PM

1,946 posts, read 572,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
When was America great? When did it stop being great?
When people stopped thinking rules applied to them.

Old 12-27-2020, 05:55 PM

73,220 posts, read 63,084,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
There have been people throughout American history who believed that rules didn't apply to this. It's nothing new.

Old 12-27-2020, 05:59 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,646,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Quote:
There have been people throughout American history who believed that rules didn't apply to this. It's nothing new.
They came here to escape the King's rule --- had they thought those rule applied and they should continue, there would not be an America as we know it today, to complain about.

Old 12-27-2020, 08:57 PM

1,946 posts, read 572,876 times
Quote:
Yes, there have always been bad things which take place in America and everywhere else. I for one believe there have been far more good things which take place. However, when the educational system, the economy, the family unit, the moral compass, the constitution to name a few, begin to come under attack and fall apart as we have witnessed.........that doesn't promote a great country.
Aside from personal responsibility for a great part being shunned by the populace, the role of government is to protect its citizens from oppression, not be the oppressors by supporting mob rule in major cities. Much more could be said, but you get the idea even if you don't agree.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:04 PM

14,342 posts, read 4,689,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I am ashamed of most of the posters on this thread because of the extreme hate I see coming from the Right Wingers here. No wonder the United States is so divided. Right Wingers and their lame duck President are destroying what is left our democracy. Shame on all of you!
Why don’t you wear a MAGA hat to a left wing protest and see how much “love” left wingers have for people with with opposite political view point?

Make sure to up your premium on life insurance and write your will before you do that.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:23 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,422,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Why don’t you wear a MAGA hat to a left wing protest and see how much “love” left wingers have for people with with opposite political view point?

Make sure to up your premium on life insurance and write your will before you do that.
LOL... Sorry, I’m a centrist and registered Independent. Don’t wear either party’s “hat.” I vote for the person I think will do the best job and safeguard our country and the Constitution, no matter which party. I have voted for candidates of both many times. No interest in the far reaches of either party. Of course that is a lot harder than it used to be. Maybe it’s not completely fair, but I do blame the far Right and the current President for a big part of the current divisiveness and virulent hatred out there.

In fact, I think the whole MAGA thing, including the hats, has caused a lot of the problems between people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies