Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2020, 03:44 PM

8,797 posts, read 3,953,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You seem to have one gigantic chip on your shoulder.
Too funny. I'm not the one whining about millennials and liberals, as a whole, (or telling anyone they have a chip on their shoulder) in a thread which asks re: why is there so much hate, lol. Perhaps the irony is lost on you.

In fact, earlier I told you to have a Happy New Year. ;-)

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 12-31-2020 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 03:50 PM

18,503 posts, read 15,325,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
There is no need to go down the list of all spiteful stereotypes relative to blondes, homelessness, liberals, republicans, millennials, christians, atheists and so on - and check off the box of denial to each one in order to know stereotypes (or personal judgement of large groups of people as a whole) are nonsense/logically impossible and at the core of hatred (and lack of education) in this country.

I meant no denial of you being a millennial, or of my stereotyping of you, being correct. I think it's because I hit the nail on the head.

You and your cohorts need to chill out. I'm from Gen X. It takes a lot more than a little stereotyping to get me all up in arms. Often, stereotyping isn't hate. Depending on how it is done, stereotyping can be really funny. Have you ever watched Southpark, Family Guy, etc? Do shows like that infuriate you. Do they seem hateful to you, or do you just laugh, like the rest of us?

Now that I think of it, Matt Stone, Trey Parker, and Seth MacFarlane are all Gen Xers too.

Old 12-31-2020, 04:01 PM

132 posts, read 54,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I think you hit on it in your very first sentence.

The reason that other places (particularly in the West), where the "Right" and "Left" probably don't hate each other as much as we do in America, is because they are ethnically/racially homogeneous. They are all blood/family, more or less.

In short, diversity is poison.

It's funny you started this thread, I was going to start a similar thread asking "Do Americans hate each other more than non-Americans?", because it's obvious that Leftists in America hate conservative (namely WHITE) Americans more than they hate their true Marxist enemies, the Chinese, or Mexicans whose government is hostile to the United States.

It all boils down to: diversity is destruction (in my opinion).

That, I believe is the primary reason. In a society such as USA, there is no primordial root and connection with mythology, traditional cultural aphorisms, and bloodline as you said. Therefore, artificial means, such as a 230 year old document are used to create that sense of cohesiveness and nationhood.

Old 12-31-2020, 04:02 PM

33,341 posts, read 12,657,900 times
Quote:
Americans have always done those jobs for a fair wage until millions of cheap illegal aliens flooded our border and they cost us over $100 billion a year! As for picking crops we have unlimited visas for those jobs. Try again!
I probably would have tried to use less inflammatory words, but........I agree with you.

And notice that, instead of giving you an answer/reply of any substance, that stay warm instead deflected with ‘Republicans’.

Old 12-31-2020, 04:07 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,051,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Crabs in a barrel. We fight while the wealthy and powerful watch us from their lairs and laugh and point. All the while they pick our pockets while we scrap for crumbs from each other.

America is divided by design. Our division keeps focus away from those who are doing the real pilfering and pillaging. A divided house cannot stand is a very true statement. America has been falling and stumbling for decades.

What is sad is that the wealthy and powerful have made it so their inherited path to wealthiness is admired and lauded while a single mother on welfare is demonized.

Is one man who is head of a company really worth millions just because he graduated from Harvard? Or is it the many employees who come up with the ideas and then build those ideas into a product? Meanwhile, the overpaid CEO flies around in a jet to speaking engagements and TV interviews. Tough job! Definitely worth 1000% more than the lowest paid employee.

Talk about mind control. The more we are distracted, the more they take. Enjoy that $600 while citizens of other countries got thousands.
I say we need more balanced views. And the ability of the masses to learn from both the sudes. If they teach about holocaust, they need to teach about michigan times and henry ford also. Who opposed the globalist principles even at that time.

Old 12-31-2020, 04:12 PM

8,797 posts, read 3,953,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I meant no denial of you being a millennial, or of my stereotyping of you, being correct. I think it's because I hit the nail on the head.
Actually, you missed the nail. I didn't even realize you were (attempting to) speak to me directly with your millennial stereotype - since I'm a Gen X'er.

Quote:
Have you ever watched Southpark, Family Guy, etc? Do shows like that infuriate you. Do they seem hateful to you, or do you just laugh, like the rest of us?
What does TV/comedy have to do with the thread - or my point relative to the following:

Quote:
I'm thinking that poster is a millennial. I think their ex-hippy boomer parents and teachers really failed them. They were taught to be uptight about everything, so there is just love and hate, with nothing in between.
This is spiteful to an entire group of people re: it hits the nail on the head relative to the thread.

Btw, absolutely I laugh - not only at comedy/entertainment but this Forum (and irony/nonsense) as well. Furthermore, at myself - for wasting my own time. :-) Happy New Year.

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 12-31-2020 at 04:30 PM..

Old 12-31-2020, 04:13 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,051,582 times
Quote:
You just can't seem to grasp the difference between factual stereotyping of many in a group and disagreement with their views without using the word "hate", can you? Every disagreement is not based on hate and many stereotypes are just the facts. One can't factual stereotype many or most in a group but also saying or believing that they are not all of that same stereotype? You seem to have one gigantic chip on your shoulder.
You are perjudiced on your notion that its because of illegals everything is wrong.

If americans could do that for a fair wage, probably the small owners could afford to pay them that wages. Now where are those owners ? Either they are out of business or they too are hiring people who work for less.

The ability of middle class has shrunk considerably.

Every small town i go i can only find these cgain restaurants or the chain hotels. Small busineses will snk but the usrers at federal reserve are pushing further debt for saving a sinking ship.

Old 12-31-2020, 04:18 PM

7,085 posts, read 9,610,218 times
Quote:
If someone is giving birth to kids they can't afford to raise without having the government (our taxes) support them then sorry but I have no sympathy for them. We are all in control of our own destinies and shouldn't be blaming others if we fail.
You should have sympathy. Not every made the right choice. Not everyone was given the right choice. And we all know how males tell women what to do with their own bodies. But that's anther argument.

We all make choices that shape our futures. But I'm not one to shun someone who made a bad choice lest I make one and need help down the line. Truth be told, a lot of us are one or two bad decisions from difficulty.

Quote:
If we didn't have so many "immigrants" competing for jobs, taxes and resources in this country and instead put a stop to illegal immigration and controlled legal immigration better the employers would be forced to pay a liveable wage to Americans as they once did. I fault our government for not controlling either of those groups. I'm up in age and I remember when a blue-collared family man could support his entire family comfortably on only his wages.
I'm not one to blame immigrants. Especially while corps moved hundreds of thousands of jobs overseas away from the people who think immigrants are to blame.

Mind control. They told you to blame the immigrant while the corps are the ones who "create" jobs and make the decisions to create those jobs overseas. Can we be honest about that?

PS. Some of us can afford a bad decision or two. A woman who has birth out of wedlock is in a much better position that one who makes that decision in poverty.

Old 12-31-2020, 04:20 PM

18,503 posts, read 15,325,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Actually, you missed the nail. I didn't even realize you were (attempting to) speak to me directly with your millennial stereotype - since I'm a Gen X'er.

What does TV/comedy have to do with the thread - or my point relative to the following:

Then I am embarrassed for you. You are falling for this "everything is hate" "everything is racist" nonsense. You should know better.

Your assertion was that stereotypes are equivalent to hate. I pointed out to you that there are TV shows that are built on stereotypes, but most of us think they are funny rather than hateful.

Old 12-31-2020, 04:26 PM

27,715 posts, read 28,837,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
We all make choices that shape our futures. But I'm not one to shun someone who made a bad choice lest I make one and need help down the line. Truth be told, a lot of us are one or two bad decisions from difficulty.
It is a mistake to believe that only poor people make bad choices or have difficulties in life.

The truth is that people who become rich often face even more difficulties and bigger hurdles than poor people do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies