Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 08:15 PM

62,870 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingvanmorrison View Post
You mean like how TRUMP loves the Saudis and loves Putin and loves Kim Jong Un in N. Korea even though they're all Dictators and Communists etc.?
Please tell me what he did for the "average American".

Did he improve your health care? (No.)
Did he raise the minimum wage? (No.)

Did he improve our economy? (No. He ruined it with his failure to manage the pandemic in a scientific expert way as many other countries did, who listened to the experts!)

Did he stop illegals from coming in with his famous wall? (No he didn't even get it built except for one tiny area, and that was found to be easily crossed!)
Did he get Mexico to pay for the wall? (No.)

Please point to any facts that show he did anything for the average American!

He did not give people who were out of work due to the pandemic $2k a month like other countries did, to keep the economy moving.

He did not save lives with tracking the virus, testing, quarantining and social distancing. No, he said it was all a hoax. And what was the result? 330k dead so far? it could have been less than 100k had he followed the advice of expert virologists.

He DID attack the free press.
He DID attack our election system.
He DID create division among our citizenry, amplifying hatred of "*******s", people of color and people of other sexual oritentaion...

Yeah. He was truly our greatest President of all time!
What a bunch of leftist lies and spin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
Umm..I was born in America..I didn't move here lol. Nice try tho. I like how u tried to piggyback off of what oldgory says. Didn't you say u weren't born here? If that's the case then I have more of a right to be here than u do.
Anchor baby?

Old 01-07-2021, 08:17 PM

801 posts, read 451,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Great post.

Most of the apologist Lefties here shrieking about the joys of globalism (and diversity) are either: too stupid to know they are destroying Western civilization, or...they are just flat out lying about the real evil of it all.
You just revealed your true Republicanism there with the anti-diversity comment.
I guess black and brown people, gays, women etc should not be included in your world?

Globalism is happening whether you like it or not. I am not fond of it, but it is happening. It just IS.
Isolationism won't work in this world.

But regardless of the economy, you see, what makes me a "*******" I guess, is that I feel black and brown and yellow etc - all people deserve a fair shake, diversity is part of life, and gays, transsexuals, lesbians and what have you deserve to be just as happy and free as you and me. Women should have control of their own bodies. Women should get equal opportunities and equal pay as should people of color.

And we all deserve to be able to live decent lives, have good jobs, and get a fair piece of the economic pie. We need an economic system that does not include 1-5% owning such an unfair amount of the wealth. That is a result of the System! Not a result of a lazy 95-99%!

Most Rich people believe if you don't have your big piece of the pie you just haven't worked hard enough. That's not true. Many rich people inherit wealth, inherit good education, etc, and many poor people "inherit" poverty and poor education... poor family relationships... Poor neighborhoods with lousier schools... etc.

The world is not black and white. If people are poor or not rich, it's often not that much to do with them, it's the situation they were born into, poor education, crime-ridden neighborhoods etc.

You seem like a "white privilege" poster boy from what you are saying. Am I wrong?

Old 01-07-2021, 08:24 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
Lincoln freed the slaves, the confederacy was full of traitors.
Ignoring the act, what were Lincoln's motives? What did Lincoln think about black people? And why were northerners opposed to slavery?

https://teachingamericanhistory.org/...raham-lincoln/

Quote:
"It must be admitted, truth compels me to admit, even here in the presence of the monument we have erected to his memory, Abraham Lincoln was not, in the fullest sense of the word, either our man or our model. In his interests, in his associations, in his habits of thought, and in his prejudices, he was a white man.

He was preeminently the white man’s President, entirely devoted to the welfare of white men. He was ready and willing at any time during the first years of his administration to deny, postpone, and sacrifice the rights of humanity in the colored people to promote the welfare of the white people of this country. In all his education and feeling he was an American of the Americans. He came into the Presidential chair upon one principle alone, namely, opposition to the extension of slavery. His arguments in furtherance of this policy had their motive and mainspring in his patriotic devotion to the interests of his own race. To protect, defend, and perpetuate slavery in the states where it existed Abraham Lincoln was not less ready than any other President to draw the sword of the nation. He was ready to execute all the supposed guarantees of the United States Constitution in favor of the slave system anywhere inside the slave states. He was willing to pursue, recapture, and send back the fugitive slave to his master, and to suppress a slave rising for liberty, though his guilty master were already in arms against the Government." - Frederick Douglass

The Abraham Lincoln myth is a pernicious lie. Go educate yourself.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingvanmorrison View Post
You just revealed your true Republicanism there with the anti-diversity comment.
I guess black and brown people, gays, women etc should not be included in your world?

Globalism is happening whether you like it or not. I am not fond of it, but it is happening. It just IS.
Isolationism won't work in this world.

But regardless of the economy, you see, what makes me a "*******" I guess, is that I feel black and brown and yellow etc - all people deserve a fair shake, diversity is part of life, and gays, transsexuals, lesbians and what have you deserve to be just as happy and free as you and me. Women should have control of their own bodies. Women should get equal opportunities and equal pay as should people of color.

And we all deserve to be able to live decent lives, have good jobs, and get a fair piece of the economic pie. We need an economic system that does not include 1-5% owning such an unfair amount of the wealth. That is a result of the System! Not a result of a lazy 95-99%!

Most Rich people believe if you don't have your big piece of the pie you just haven't worked hard enough. That's not true. Many rich people inherit wealth, inherit good education, etc, and many poor people "inherit" poverty and poor education... poor family relationships... Poor neighborhoods with lousier schools... etc.

The world is not black and white. If people are poor or not rich, it's often not that much to do with them, it's the situation they were born into, poor education, crime-ridden neighborhoods etc.

You seem like a "white privilege" poster boy from what you are saying. Am I wrong?
I suggest you stop stereotyping all Republicans especially if they are white. I am a conservative and want everyone to be treated equally. I do however believe we need to reduce our immigration numbers in this day and age and repel illegal immigration. I'm not a fan of globalism. That doesn't mean you have to be an isolationist either.

The ancestors of those who inherited wealth did work hard in order to pass their wealth unto to their descendants. Why would you demonize that? Yes, we all do have the opportunity in this country to become well off if we only have the drive to do so regardless of their race or the circumstances they were born under. Many blacks have been very successful in life. I disagree that the wealthy owes those with less drive a piece of their success. I do however, believe they should pay their fair share of taxes. Stop making excuses for people raised in poverty many rich people were born that way but they became wealthy or well off because they had the drive to do so. The opportunities are out there for everyone.

Women do have control over their bodies. They have control before they get pregnant. It shouldn't be an after thought after the deed has been done. Men should be responsible to. I have nothing against gays or minorities that are self providing. I have some gay friends and I don't care if they have a civil union but I do oppose a traditional marriage for them. That's just my opinion and I should be entitled to it.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:57 PM

8,328 posts, read 6,419,063 times
Why so much hate? Because of the stolen election.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:58 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
It's because we're really two countries instead of one. If Lincoln had just let the Confederacy go, the hate wouldn't be where it is today (and it pains me to say that, as the Confederacy was evil)

Old 01-07-2021, 08:59 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Nothing was stolen, get over it

Old 01-07-2021, 09:29 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Some may but not the majority of Trump supporters so why are you continuing with this? I'm an elderly white male and don't have a racist bone in my body. In fact I have three close black friends. I have no desire to return to the racism of the 50's but there were good things about that decade also.

It's many on the left that suffers from low self-esteem since they feel the need to attack, insult and spew hatred themselves as you are! You need to stop watching CNN and stop listening to the lies of the left!
Wow—do you watch OANN, Newsmax or FOX? Actually, I really like CBS News.

I know plenty of racists... maybe you aren’t one, but your posts do show a lot of hate toward those on “the left.” (I don’t have any “low self-esteem” LOL). I am a registered Independent. (I have voted for candidates both Republican and Democrat. Bet you can’t say the same!)

Old 01-07-2021, 09:30 PM

8,658 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
It's simply what Trump wants (certain) people to believe; and he was successful in inciting/manipulating a mob yesterday on his behalf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies