Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2021, 02:04 AM

27,720 posts, read 28,837,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Do you really think that's it? I mean, I'm right there with conservatives on the issue of illegal immigration, but is that the only reason the US seems incapable of calm, rational problem solving?
A country cannot have an immigration policy that creates a massive underclass of ethnic minorities, and expect that this disparity will not have repercussions throughout society.

So yes, it is a major issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 05:04 AM

37,162 posts, read 42,340,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
No, that is where a 2024 Trump Presidency would take us. A dystopian society run by dictator Trump, who certainly does spew hate and teaches his followers to do so also. That is why we had this dangerous riot in the Capitol this week.
Trump never acted like a dictator and he doesn't spew hate. He DOES target individuals who continue to "resist" and refuse to work with him, like Pelosi and other people who ran a massive disinformation campaign to take him out with the Russian Collusion Hoax, but I give him a pass on that. He has a mouth on him, it get's him in trouble, I call him out on that because it's his biggest flaw. Everyone has flaws.

The riots were caused by 4 years of lies and targeted oppression, nonstop insults from the left, the pressures of the lockdown, and an election that looked to anyone who was watching to be, well, questionable. Trump didn't have to do anything, it was bound to happen and it will continue now that censorship is out of control. You won't be able to blame Trump for that but I'm guessing you'll try.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:34 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,241,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitydreamer View Post
a country cannot have immigration
ftfy

Old 01-10-2021, 06:57 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,068,655 times
I live in a predominately white upper middle-class/upper-class suburb, and it is obvious by the Trump flags and social media platforms that 90% of all residents are Trump supporters. Most are the "silent majority" who are scared that "outsiders" (blacks, Latinos, etc.) who gain a sizable amount of wealth will eventually move in and take over their lilly white suburb and Trump is their messiah who will stop it. I think he even mentioned something to that effect in one of his campaign speeches. IMO, that is what they "hate". They have a "Keep My Neighborhood Wealthy & White" mentality.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:00 AM

6,175 posts, read 4,653,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
I live in a predominately white upper middle-class/upper-class suburb, and it is obvious by the Trump flags and social media platforms that 90% of all residents are Trump supporters. Most are the "silent majority" who are scared that "outsiders" (blacks, Latinos, etc.) who gain a sizable amount of wealth will eventually move in and take over their lilly white suburb and Trump is their messiah who will stop it. I think he even mentioned something to that effect in one of his campaign speeches. IMO, that is what they "hate". They have a "Keep My Neighborhood Wealthy & White" mentality.
I wonder if someone put up Biden flags in their yard in your neighborhood (or other places like it), how that would be received? And would anybody try to mess with that person or their property over it?

Old 01-10-2021, 07:09 AM

9,329 posts, read 16,709,631 times
Default Media is driving force

The liberal media is dividing the country. Journalism has been dead for a long time, so the "news" reported is in reality "opinions."

In the last couple of years the ads on TV have been pushing us to diversity, various couples and mixed families of color or ethnicity. IMO it is one form of brainwashing. The media reports what they determine we should hear and how.

Who owns the media, billionaire liberals.

Many of us in God's waiting room vote "for the platform," not the "person." The media only reported negatively about Trump and those that cannot see the forest beyond the trees believed every word.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:23 AM

9,467 posts, read 9,403,705 times
Ads on TV are the purview of advertising agencies and the customers they represent—corporations who have a product or service to sell. The ads are diversified because the companies are trying to reach as many customers as possible. They are not in the business of “dividing the country.”

Old 01-10-2021, 07:51 AM

63,235 posts, read 29,351,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
Oh trust me, it happens if you say anything about any minority.

Well if the shoe fits...

It's not, but they don't care.

Yeah, if they have one. They don't care. It's almost like they forget that their ancestors came over here when they didn't have a right either.
Why don't you just stop with you lying nonsense? There is nothing xenophobic or racist about opposing illegal immigration! Are you insane??????

Everyone had the right to come here long ago before the U.S. was established as a country with immigration laws and borders.

My ancestors didn't even come here till the early 1900's and the U.S. became a country back in 1776!!!! They followed the rules for coming here. They didn't come here illegally. Keep trying to defend the indefensible you make a bigger fool of yourself with each and every post! Are you a full blooded Amerindian? If not, then according to you YOU have no right to be here so when are you leaving????? As a matter of fact you claimed you are white so you absolutely need to leave since you claim whites have no right to be here. Don't be a hypocrite! Pack your bags now!!!

Old 01-10-2021, 08:04 AM

51,690 posts, read 25,966,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Why is their so much hate in the United States?

Simple, one side wants to preserve our Constitutional Republic as it was originally founded and the other side wishes to destroy it.
Nailed it.

Our nation was founded on the principle that the people select their own leaders, that citizens are governed by people they elect.

We've had some struggles getting to the "All men are created equal" part, but we've been working on it.

Lot of hate surrounding this effort.

Old 01-10-2021, 08:10 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,241,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
Most are the "silent majority" who are scared that "outsiders" (blacks, Latinos, etc.) who gain a sizable amount of wealth will eventually move in and take over their lilly white suburb
So they don't want to live with "outsiders". Is there something wrong with that? Sounds normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies