Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2020, 04:20 PM

17,681 posts, read 13,498,498 times

Advertisements

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/1...alite-toy-gun/

Quote:
You probably already know by now that there’s absolutely no evidence that so-called gun buybacks do anything to reduce violent crime, suicides with firearms, or accidents involving guns. They’re what I call “soundbite solutions”; something that a politician can extol for the cameras in order to claim they’re doing “something” as opposed to doing something that works
As inane as these compensated confiscation events are, the town of Hempstead Village on Long Island has once again taken the absurdity to a new level with its annual “buyback” for toy guns.
Hempstead children Monday traded their water pistols and plastic revolvers for holiday gifts in an exchange program meant to teach youths that toy guns can be mistaken for real ones.
About 100 toy guns were swapped for other less provocative alternatives during the Long Island Toy Gun Exchange Program Monday morning at the village’s Brierley Park.
LaMont Johnson, a village trustee and school board president, said Monday marked the fifth year the event was held in Hempstead. Johnson said it’s important for children to learn at a young age the dangers of real guns.
“We don’t want a police officer to mistake a toy gun for a real gun. … Guns are for adults who are licensed. They are not for little kids.”

Because of the season and CD's TOS, all I'll say is what an idiot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 04:28 PM

45,579 posts, read 60,945,454 times
Annapolis did this a number of years ago.

Old 12-25-2020, 04:48 PM

17,681 posts, read 13,498,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Annapolis did this a number of years ago.

Then they were liberal idiots also.

My cap gun and water pistols never hurt anyone and sure didn't turn me into a killer!

Most of us carried cap pistols to school to play on playground at recess.

Also, I always had my Boy Scout knife in my pocket. we played Mumbley-peg!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4XHqC9W2a8

I don't believe that any of my guns or knives that I own today have ever killed anyone. In fact, the one that sits on my dresser and another on the table next to my TV recliner have never shot anyone

Maybe the Socialite should donate her money to 4 H or scouts, where they teach gun safety

Old 12-25-2020, 07:44 PM

19,754 posts, read 10,197,714 times
I got my first rifle at age 8. I never shot anyone with it. These days, kids start deer hunting at 6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies