Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 07:01 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

If the Georgia Senate races split with one Democrat and one Republican winning Susan will be one of the five most powerful people in our nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 07:03 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Well we will find out in 10 Days !
A powerful "Marshmellow" she will be.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:33 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
If the Georgia Senate races split with one Democrat and one Republican winning Susan will be one of the five most powerful people in our nation.
Sure like she has ever voted yes on anything that wasn't main stream republican.

What she says and what she does are two different things, her objectivity is an illusion where the rubber meets the road. She voted for the 2017 Tax Reform Act which put the ACA in Jeopardy yet she clams she supports the ACA, she voted for Kavanaugh and Gorsuch yet claims she is pro-choice.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:51 PM

767 posts, read 299,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sure like she has ever voted yes on anything that wasn't main stream republican.

What she says and what she does are two different things, her objectivity is an illusion where the rubber meets the road. She voted for the 2017 Tax Reform Act which put the ACA in Jeopardy yet she clams she supports the ACA, she voted for Kavanaugh and Gorsuch yet claims she is pro-choice.
This was the most disappointing Senate loss for me. I understand KY or SC not electing a Dem, but for Maine to continue to support Collins after her disgraceful defense of Trump these last 4 years is unbelievable. Are we sure there wasn't voter fraud from the Republican's in that state?

Old 12-26-2020, 02:55 AM

6,104 posts, read 3,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
This was the most disappointing Senate loss for me. I understand KY or SC not electing a Dem, but for Maine to continue to support Collins after her disgraceful defense of Trump these last 4 years is unbelievable. Are we sure there wasn't voter fraud from the Republican's in that state?
I truly believe that there could have been. Split tickets are a huge red flag to me, and it works both ways.

But, but, but, me and my brother and neighbor all vote split ticket! blah, blah, blah. It’s 2020, and everyone is hyper partisan. If you vote for Biden, but then don’t give him control of the Senate, what’s the damn point of that? Same could be said about idiot Never Trumpers. You’ve got the House to stop Trump, so what are you worried about?

Which leads me to ask the question, what exactly is the real difference between establishment Democrats and establishment Republicans other than placating their constituents with rhetoric that says one thing while you do another?

There are nearly 100 million people in America who now feel like the whole system is completely rigged. If you told me that the Koch brothers and Soros meet to decide who will win each election, I’d just about believe you.

Last edited by WK91; 12-26-2020 at 03:04 AM..

Old 12-26-2020, 03:49 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I truly believe that there could have been. Split tickets are a huge red flag to me, and it works both ways.

But, but, but, me and my brother and neighbor all vote split ticket! blah, blah, blah. It’s 2020, and everyone is hyper partisan. If you vote for Biden, but then don’t give him control of the Senate, what’s the damn point of that? Same could be said about idiot Never Trumpers. You’ve got the House to stop Trump, so what are you worried about?

Which leads me to ask the question, what exactly is the real difference between establishment Democrats and establishment Republicans other than placating their constituents with rhetoric that says one thing while you do another?

There are nearly 100 million people in America who now feel like the whole system is completely rigged. If you told me that the Koch brothers and Soros meet to decide who will win each election, I’d just about believe you.
I hate when one party gets the trifecta. I knew a lot of people who voted for a Republican senator and Biden because they were felt, much as they despised him, as senate majority leader Mitch McConnell would keep the rabid progressives at bay if Harris ended up taking over, so it was important to keep a Republican senate majority. I am not surprised that happened in Maine, and speaks volumes to the unlikability of McSally in Arizona. Biden did not win this election, Trump lost it.

Old 12-26-2020, 05:20 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
OP scared me with this title. I thought she died.

That said, I have immense respect for Susan Collins. Her speech on the floor of the Senate, after Democrats tried to hang Kavanaugh out to dry (Kamala was one of the nastiest, as I recall), was the single best Congressional speech I have heard, bar none.

She is an intelligent, thoughtful woman of high character - and moderate as well. I would love to see someone like HER as president.

P.S. I just read what I wrote, and I recall some liberals saying I am a racist because I used the word “nasty” in describing a black person. (I use that word for whites too, but whatever....) So I amend my remark about Kamala: I will say instead that she was one of the most malicious.

Old 12-26-2020, 06:19 AM

2,498 posts, read 3,404,942 times
Default Sara Gideon is the fraud in Maine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post

Maine, unlike most other states, runs a pretty tight ship with elections. I am familiar with the election process at the town level. Accountability is strong here. If there was anything about the 2020 Maine senate election that was repulsive or corrupt, it was the obscene amounts of Soros/outside Maine money that poured into creepy Sara Gideon's campaign. $45 million or something, which definitely did not come from Maine residents.

Liberal Democrat politicians are no supporters of Maine residents. Maine voters saw through the Gideon campaign and all the out-of-state interest in unseating Collins.

Old 12-26-2020, 02:02 PM

6,104 posts, read 3,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Maine, unlike most other states, runs a pretty tight ship with elections. I am familiar with the election process at the town level. Accountability is strong here. If there was anything about the 2020 Maine senate election that was repulsive or corrupt, it was the obscene amounts of Soros/outside Maine money that poured into creepy Sara Gideon's campaign. $45 million or something, which definitely did not come from Maine residents.

Liberal Democrat politicians are no supporters of Maine residents. Maine voters saw through the Gideon campaign and all the out-of-state interest in unseating Collins.
You can’t possibly know about every single precinct in your state. I have no doubt that the vast majority was done correctly. But as we’ve seen in PA, WI, MI, it only takes one or two being rigged out of 100 counties to change the entire election.

It literally only takes a handful of people operating in the dark of night over a couple of hours to change an election with nobody ever finding out. I’m also familiar with the election process in Maricopa County Arizona. Sorry, but after what I seen in 2018, I don’t trust the process.

Old 12-26-2020, 02:21 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post

Maine, with the most liberal firearm laws in the nation went for Biden who pronised to confiscate 'assault weapons'. Go figure!

Too many colleges in Maine which crank out uber liberals. Open carry, silencers and fully auto weapons and they vote for Biden.

the conclusion is Maine does not support open carry, silencers and assault weapons because its streets are running red with blood. either that or Mass and CT residents have moved in southern Maine to change the political landscape to cancel the traditional vote in the rest of the state.

angus king flies a false flag of an independent. Collins is strange duck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies