Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2021, 12:57 PM

13,699 posts, read 9,791,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Few short months?? Like two weeks to flatten the curb??

You cannot stay alive without money. Living costs a lot of money.
Exactly. At one point it was "two weeks". Then, "a few more weeks". Then, "a few short months". Now it's 9 months. Is anyone so credulous and guileless as to expect for this to be over in a mere cumulative 12 months? OK then, we'll be up to "a few short years".

Let's look up Richard Dedekind's definition of infinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Worse in 1918. Their boys were coming home from a war carrying the influenza.
At least the boys who came home in 1918 came home with honor. They were respected and rewarded by the society that they served, and rightly so. They did a job, they did it well, and they moved on. Their counterparts today, whose colleges are closed, whose jobs have been lost and whose lives have been upended, get no such plaudits, no such benefits and no such honor. They're not fighters; they're not given the chance to fight. Instead they are hostages.

Quote:
After 12 months of fighting this disease, neither of us is gonna quit this close to the end and get sick because we became impatient and stupid.
We have no reckoning of what is "this close". Consider the rate of vaccine distribution. At this rate, it will be several more years, at a minimum.

Quote:
Patience may be hard when I'm alive, but there's nothing easier when I'm dead. So I will chafe and fester and go crazy, but I'll be as patient as a rock until my turn comes to take the vaccine.
This is precisely why it is better to die, than to be inconvenienced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 01:55 PM

42,017 posts, read 75,434,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Do you know people that keep getting sick? I don't know a ONE...
About two dozen friends and acquaintances have contracted the disease. Three have died; two were under 60.

If I count friends of friends, the number is larger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
This will end much sooner if we bite the bullet, show some strength and stop acting like entitled cry babies until at least 75% of us are vaccinated.
Amen to that.

Old 01-01-2021, 02:09 PM

1,199 posts, read 736,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
This is precisely why it is better to die, than to be inconvenienced.
There you have it folks. This is the mindset some people have. Better to die then be inconvenienced....what kind of mind set is this? Do you know how absurd this statement sounds? Do you?

Old 01-01-2021, 02:20 PM

48,610 posts, read 35,070,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
There you have it folks. This is the mindset some people have. Better to die then be inconvenienced....what kind of mind set is this? Do you know how absurd this statement sounds? Do you?
I read that last line about 5 times, deleted 3 responses...... I have to think there is a typo.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-01-2021, 02:25 PM

13,699 posts, read 9,791,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
Absurd? Permit me to assert, that absurdity is subjective.

If I am unable to live in the manner that I chose, then why ought I to deign to live at all? I have no interest in membership in some bizarre live-at-all-costs cult.

Old 01-01-2021, 03:27 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,628,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You believe what the Media tells you they say or that selected ones say. Again, only the useful idiots believe the media.

Trump only told you what Fauci and the other so called experts said. Which changed weekly. The so called experts have NO CREDIBILITY any longer. But you can't see that for the very obvious reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Unlike the Bible, science changes and when new evidence comes to light, the narrative changes. Conservatives have this idea that liberals believe that science is inerrant and infallible like they believe the Bible is and that simply isn't the case. Science is corrected by better science. Science is NOT the same yesterday, today, and forever.
While the text of the Bible does not change --- the people reinterpret it to suit.

Science can be bought and paid for and say whatever the buyer wants it to say.

Old 01-01-2021, 03:37 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,433,474 times
We should form a compromise -

Those who believe in an involuntary entity having the right to not only exist but possess the right to infringe upon your natural rights must shut up and take whatever medicine daddy mandates.

Those who don't can complain.

Old 01-01-2021, 03:41 PM

2,774 posts, read 907,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Isn't this sad, how wimpy we have become?

My parents were part of "The Greatest Generation".

My father, dead 11 years, fought in Patton's army in Europe.

My mother (age 93, but blind) was a young girl during WWII. She remembers.

That war lasted 4 years (for us). My parent's generation learned to do without during that period, as part of the war effort. A look at history (or, better, if you can talk to someone that lived through it, like I can with my mother, and like I did with my father) can educate you.

Back then, people did without things. Those at home were rationed to three gallons of gas per week; they were rationed on meats, potatoes, etc. No new appliances. Rationed on sugar, coffee, cigarettes, cheese, canned goods, etc.

It was tough living, even for those that weren't in Europe or the Pacific theater being maimed or killed.

Now? Your country asks you to wear a mask.

And you can't do even that.

Pathetic.
The masks have nothing to do with public health. They have to do with control and driving a wedge between the easily compliant and those who see through the charade. Apparently you are willing to just give your freedom away for the sake of security.

Old 01-01-2021, 03:48 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,433,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
The masks have nothing to do with public health. They have to do with control and driving a wedge between the easily compliant and those who see through the charade. Apparently you are willing to just give your freedom away for the sake of security.
You haven't been even remotely free since 1790 right before the Whiskey Rebellion. And that's a stretch.

Is mask mandating a violation of your natural rights?

Hell to the yes.

It's also the 5732758958894th violation since breakfast this morning.

Some of us don't want to go back to the slavery of March 15th, 2020 no matter how "good" Trumpers make it sound.

Old 01-01-2021, 04:01 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,628,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You haven't been even remotely free since 1790 right before the Whiskey Rebellion. And that's a stretch.

Is mask mandating a violation of your natural rights?

Hell to the yes.

It's also the 5732758958894th violation since breakfast this morning.

Some of us don't want to go back to the slavery of March 15th, 2020 no matter how "good" Trumpers make it sound.
You had me right up until Trump --- the man literally shed tears as he watched to stock market plummet.

The other side said --- don't cry, we're here to help.

Put your mask on and go to work, social distance while at work --- such a simple solution that didn't require tax payer funding, isn't it rather strange, no one thought of it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies