Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 11:05 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

Trump and ALL his supporters will have NO ground to stand on...if they 'peacefully' allow Biden to officially become the next POTUS!

As strong as Trump has reiterated fraud and cheating allegations, him and his supporters are going to be forced into 'going down guns blazing'...there is no other way they can save face and still call themselves patriots or proud Americans...

(because they will have allowed a thief to steal the highest office in the country, without a fight!!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2021, 11:41 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
his supporters are going to be forced into 'going down guns blazing'...there is no other way they can save face and still call themselves patriots or proud Americans...
So you are saying Trump supporters will become violent because they are embarrassed and need to save face? Poor lil' snowflakes.

And it's way too late to start calling people who advocate to overthrow the government "patriots" or "proud Americans." Seditionists and traitors is more accurate.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:04 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So you are saying Trump supporters will become violent because they are embarrassed and need to save face?
There will be some huffing and puffing, some of the younger guys like the Proud Boys may "crack some skulls" at a protest here and there, and there may be a militia terrorist attack now and then in the coming years, but the all out civil war that so many Right wingers are calling for is not likely to materialize for one very crucial reason: The majority of conservatives are blowhards who get winded climbing stairs and get red in the face and drip sweat when reading twitter.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:14 PM

2,140 posts, read 1,209,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
There are a lot of opinions about pro and con, not evenly split between Democrat and Republican.

I liked the way this one reader put it.

Many people feel that although Donald Trump deserves to be prosecuted, the need for political healing and reconciliation makes such prosecution a bad idea.
Of course, there is merit to this. But one can’t help but think that with Joe Biden in office, Mr. Trump and his followers will continue to incite division and rancor even if Mr. Trump is shown the generosity of not being prosecuted. That would be a “lose-lose” outcome.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/10/o...sultPosition=1
You brought it here so you own it. He was the cause of the problem. No mercy.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:55 PM

2,005 posts, read 762,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
LOL okay. I think Trump's sketchy behavior with the numerous Russian contacts was worth a look. What evolved after that was a long long list of misdeeds, including obstruction. Heck when you tell a prosecutor that looking into my personal finances is off limits? That's like telling a kid around Christmas not to look in the closet. You already know there's something there.

I think you seriously do not want to see the truth about Trump. Why this blind worship?
You’re jaded, having Russian contacts isn’t against the law.

Making up a narrative about Russian collusion about your political opponent, which leads to the govt falsifying FISA warrants against the POTUS which produces zero evidence of the alleged crime is a problem.

Knowing what we know now, Trump should have squashed the mueller investigation.

If you think the govt is going to prosecute an obstruction charge over an investigation based on lies, you’re truly nuts.

As for the NY investigations, the AG investigation is a civil case, and the Manhattan DA is just on a political fishing expedition.

I don’t think anyone worships Trump, but let’s see some evidence of a crime, that doesn’t include the words from a conflicted felon.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Prosecute for what ? you already spent 70 million trying to get dirt on him

Old 01-05-2021, 09:16 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
LOL okay. I think Trump's sketchy behavior with the numerous Russian contacts was worth a look. What evolved after that was a long long list of misdeeds, including obstruction. Heck when you tell a prosecutor that looking into my personal finances is off limits?
The Russian collusion lie had nothing to do with any of Trump's "Russian contacts".

Trump's finances were off-limits to Mueller. Or so says the law.

The long list of misdeeds consists of NOTHING (unless I'm misunderstanding campaign finance law, in which case the list might be as long as ONE ITEM). The "obstruction" stuff is silly.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 01-05-2021 at 10:36 PM..

Old 01-06-2021, 06:25 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
There are a lot of opinions about pro and con, not evenly split between Democrat and Republican.

I liked the way this one reader put it.

Many people feel that although Donald Trump deserves to be prosecuted, the need for political healing and reconciliation makes such prosecution a bad idea.
Of course, there is merit to this. But one can’t help but think that with Joe Biden in office, Mr. Trump and his followers will continue to incite division and rancor even if Mr. Trump is shown the generosity of not being prosecuted. That would be a “lose-lose” outcome.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/10/o...sultPosition=1
"I liked the way this one reader put it." Of course you do!

Old 01-06-2021, 06:57 AM

726 posts, read 329,128 times
Quote:
....Many people feel that although Donald Trump deserves to be prosecuted, the need for political healing and reconciliation makes such prosecution a bad idea....
I strongly disagree. Letting Trump walk from his criminal actions will provide no political healing or reconciliation. He has thumbed his nose at the rule of law for the past four years, and likely before that. Why do you think one of his first questions as president was "Can I pardon myself?" He needs to be held responsible for his actions.

To those who ask "what crimes" he has committed: he conspired with Cohen to cover up his affairs and paid off the women to keep them quiet -- a campaign finance violation, a felony. He obstructed justice numerous times. He committed bribery wrt Ukraine, seeking to solicit dirt on his political rival by withholding military aid. And how about that recent phone call to the Georgia Secretary of State, trying to strongarm him to change the election results? That's against the law. And all that is not even starting to get into his financial dealings. Tax evasion? Money laundering? And what's the deal with Putin? I look forward to all this coming out in the future. "And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything...." No, you can't.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:18 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The Russian collusion lie had nothing to do with any of Trump's "Russian contacts".

Trump's finances were off-limits to Mueller. Or so says the law.

The long list of misdeeds consists of NOTHING (unless I'm misunderstanding campaign finance law, in which case the list might be as long as ONE ITEM). The "obstruction" stuff is silly.
Have you read the section of the Mueller report on obstruction? The obstruction was going on in plain sight. Those charges are more political than criminal, because we all know that a sitting president can't be charged with a crime. We all saw where that went.

Once you read the report and see all of the Russian interactions, you understand that this is sketchy. You also understand that you are dealing with Russian intelligence and proving a crime is near impossible because the Russian's are not going to cooperate. Why would they? They got the most friendly pro Russian president ever.

What law says that criminal behavior involving a president's finances are off limits? Especially when your personal fixer went to jail for crimes at the direction of and for the benefit of individual one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies