Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2021, 04:54 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times

Advertisements

Navy SEAL accused of War Crimes gives his side of story and events.

On YT the Vigilance Elite podcast/channel does an interview with Ed Gallagher. I not want to post it here though. Its very long.

But according the Ed Gallagher, he was completely railroaded by the men under his command, and Naval SpecWar command structure, and the NCIS.

According to Chief Gallagher, the accusers were sailors under his command, and they completely fabricated every little accusation. Everything accusers said is complete polar opposite of the truth. They approached NCIS with it, and NCIS just decided run with it. It seems like they not even look into the matter much before letting all hell fly loose. It appears that had they actually investigated the claims, the claims be thrown out the window, and none of this even cause a shertstorm.

And then it appears the Special Warfare community had it out of the Ed Gallagher. Shouldnt the community be pretty small and tight? They must have thought something strange is going on with the accusers. Gallagher has been around a long time. Surely everyone or most people know him in that small command. Its almost a conspiracy against Ed Gallagher.

Only Trump came in a saved him. If Trump can see past all the BS surely so will the people more directly involved in the military and the security apparatus can too. What happened here? Is the Navy this toxic? Its like HS all over again.

I wonder what will happen to the accusers, and the people abusing their powers. Something like this has to be taken seriously because this is the armed forces. Standards for military justice in the first world must be better than some African warlord's military justice, or else there be really no point in joining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 05:21 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
I don't know. It takes a lot for men to turn on their own, especially among the elite. I am going to have error on the side of caution and trust the word of the men under his command.

Old 01-03-2021, 05:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
I will take his mens word before his. Not that any of them are worth much to begin with.

Old 01-03-2021, 06:23 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
They still have more integrity and character then you, don't like America? Leave.
They certainly have more integrity than the career politicians from both parties, or any hardliners for that matter.

Old 01-03-2021, 06:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
He is not the first military pawn to be thrown under the bus
Very much like the film -breaker morant
I regret the loss of hunter glad at least he was pardoned -he fought hard for servicemen
He however should never had flown the bunny

Old 01-03-2021, 06:29 PM

1,301 posts, read 666,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I don't know. It takes a lot for men to turn on their own, especially among the elite. I am going to have error on the side of caution and trust the word of the men under his command.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I will take his mens word before his.
If you watch his interview, you might think differently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceJCGboivPk

It's a really long interview, very long, but worth watching.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
Doesn't surprise me. Do some research on deceased Navy Seal Chris Kyle & Jesse Ventura. The Seal Teams are the elite yes, but they have their share of shadowy deceipt.
But wasnt that spat outside of military circles? It seemed like a social beef they were having, and werent both retired at the time? What happened to Gallagher is in the realm of military operations.

Quote:
Quote:
I will take his mens word before his. Not that any of them are worth much to begin with.
He found not guilty. Apparently he was telling the truth, and the liars were just that.

But even still, the court decided to charge him for taking a picture with the dead body. That is silly because he not the only one to have do so since the invention of cameras nor during the War on Terror.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
He is not the first military pawn to be thrown under the bus
Very much like the film -breaker morant
I regret the loss of hunter glad at least he was pardoned -he fought hard for servicemen
He however should never had flown the bunny
But what be purpose of it this time? I cannot see what be gained by blaming false war crimes against this man. It just make military look bad. It seems both brass and NCIS needed to put this man in prison, but for what?

Old 08-26-2021, 09:58 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Quote:
I know I'm digging up an older thread, but whose word among his men are y'all willing to take? It's not like it was all of the team speaking out against him. No, some spoke out against him, and others spoke out on his behalf, which is why that argument doesn't hold much weight with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies