Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 08:22 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
She gleefully tweeted that they couldn't be stopped. I guess she was wrong, as they definitely stopped her. She gets exactly as much sympathy as she had for the people she terrorized yesterday. Zero.
I have to agree. She was a part of an attempt to overthrow the government. She’s a traitor & in her zealous attempt to usurp democracy, she was killed. Guess she shouldn’t have been part of the coup attempt.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:23 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Why did the police remove the barricades out front and allow the protesters to enter the building?

Video emerges of police moving barricades to allow rioters into US Capitol, taking selfies
https://www.news.com.au/technology/o...d23cf5536c5d02
Yes... there are some public officials asking for the total and utter failure of security at the Capitol to be investigated. Part of that call for investigations is why the national guard was not only not present for something that is predictable but why was there a delay in their arrival.

Before the BLM protests in DC in June many government buildings were already secured by the National Guard ahead of protests. Heck there the more troops guarding the Lincoln Memorial in June 2020 than the Capitol yesterday.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:23 AM

1,706 posts, read 636,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
She gleefully tweeted that they couldn't be stopped. I guess she was wrong, as they definitely stopped her. She gets exactly as much sympathy as she had for the people she terrorized yesterday. Zero.
She wasnt thinking about the stopping power of a bullet when she wrote that tweet. Oh well, terrorists deserve no respect.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:24 AM

1,641 posts, read 1,646,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
and this is why she was shot.

listening and reading crap like this and believing its true.

get a job, get a life.
Sorry, but the ones you love in government, the Democraps, are the ones who sold your ass last night to China. I have a job, a true one, a job that I can perform everywhere in the World, while you are nothing but an slave of your own ignorance.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:25 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,035,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
She was playing a stupid, dangerous game that she did not deserve to die for.

I consider her a traitor to our country and I still don’t think she deserved to die. .
I put myself in this camp as well.

Frankly, one of our biggest issues as a nation is that people can so easily brush off (or worse, celebrate) the death of people they don't agree. Seems any past or present transgression justifies death if the person who dies is different than you. Unless that changes, this cycle will repeat itself.

As much as it's hard for me to imagine what must have been going through her head, I understand that millions of Americans feel the election was stolen and tens of thousands are angry enough to storm the Capitol. Trump deserves all the blame in the world for stoking the flames, but him leaving office won't end it. I don't care how crazy all of this "stop the steal!" stuff sounds, all of us who don't feel the same way need to make every effort to bridge this massive divide. If we don't, more of this stuff will happen.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:25 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...lding-n1311336

It appears there is a LOT to be investigated. The death was not justified, but since "racism" doesn't come into play............ MAGA is now a movement by the people, not about Trump anymore. The left will have to find another fall guy as Pedo Biden slowly ambles into the WH.

I see she served in several foreign countries protecting the freedom of the people on foreign lands sent by those very same people that she was trying to reach to be heard. Maybe she thought that we should have free and fair elections here.

My older son had his troops guarding the polling places in Afghanistan, so that they could run free and fair elections. I even told him those years ago, "You really need to be doing that here." I guess I was right about that!

Old 01-07-2021, 08:28 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
If I were part of an angry Mob that broke windows and busted down doors to get into the Capital to stop the Election proceedings directed to us by the US Constitution, destroying property, trying to stop a Democratic process, endangering people including Leaders of my Country....I would be shocked if I weren't shot.
Think before you act. Actions have consequences. Don't break the law, then you would have nothing to worry about.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:28 AM

1,706 posts, read 636,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausikaa View Post
I wonder if the death of this woman bothers Donald J Trump? She obviously drank too much of the Kool Aid and was brain washed by a con artist - a pathological liar. It's a shame that she was killed, but she should have been at home with her family, not running around with a wild group, all maskless.
Of course it doesnt bother him. Hes probably happy that people are willing to throw their lives away for his lies.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:29 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
There are bullet holes all over the capitol building. Clearly this was an armed attempt to overthrow the US government. These were enemy combatants. We should be asking why more of them were not shot.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:30 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
This woman is dead today because of her lawlessness actions and illegal entry into the US Capitol. Her death was the result of her very poor judgement which endangered her life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies