Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 09:04 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Prove to me she was part of an insurrection which was attempting a coup.

Had she not broke the law, she wouldn't be dead. But to pretend that her death was justified because "she had poor judgement" is disgusting.

Would you have shot her?
I don't think anyone is saying she deserved to be shot. However, anyone who voluntarily puts themselves in this type of situation damn well better understand the potential consequences - intentional or unintentional. Your logic is like putting a gun to someone's head, pulling the trigger, and then acting surprised when their head gets blown off. Think about what you're saying. This group stormed the Capitol of the United States while Congress was in session. While armed, for pete's sake! And you don't think they should have been prepared for a violent reaction? Would you feel differently had it been a group of Muslims? Or Black men?

Old 01-07-2021, 09:06 AM

1,231 posts, read 448,697 times
The blood of the woman is on Trump's hands. He incited this violence and rioting. It really was terrorism. Don't downplay it. When you all are climbing the walls and attacking police. The place had to be evacuated. Everyone that works there were afraid for their lives. Bombs were planted at the dnc and rnc. Don't act like this wasn't terrorism.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:09 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
If you agree with the police shooting an unarmed woman over a broken window in the Capitol building, then the next time BLM & leftists protest...if they break a window, then we or the police have the right to shoot them in the face? Is that what you're saying?
She was trespassing on federal property with a full blown riot going on. If BLM people break into buildings I have no problem with them being gunned down for doing so. Just like if a burglar breaks into your home. Gun them down. If you don't want to risk your life, don't do stupid unnecessary things. I have no problem with peaceful protesting. Riots and violent mobs should be met with force and stopped by whatever means necessary. This woman and these people entering the capital thought they were overthrowing the government. I think the police overall were way too easy on them.

Suddenly Trump voters are anti police and taking the side of rioters. Tells me there is little real difference between the left and right.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:12 AM

612 posts, read 240,540 times
Every news program I have watched has refused to include the fact she was shot by police. Hmmmmm.....I wonder why.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:13 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
she was committing a felony and should be shot dead. Break into a nearby police station and see what happens to you --- this was the US Capitol.
1) She was either trespassing or breaking and entering, both are misdemeanors.
2) Antifa and BLM were breaking into police stations for months, none of them were killed.
3) If an unarmed woman was breaking into a police station they would just laugh at her.
4) For the cop to shoot her, he would need to believe she posed a serious threat. I watched the videos countless times. I don't see it.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:14 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug1967 View Post
Every news program I have watched has refused to include the fact she was shot by police. Hmmmmm.....I wonder why.
Not sure why that is. It's in the papers.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:14 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
If you agree with the police shooting an unarmed woman over a broken window in the Capitol building, then the next time BLM & leftists protest...if they break a window, then we or the police have the right to shoot them in the face? Is that what you're saying?
You are describing a scenario where she owuld throw a rock at the window and then ran, and she was shot while fleeing, she was forcing herself into a room where people with guns were trying to keep people out, I grant you she could have been pushed, comparing what happen yesterday to the Kavanaugh sit ins is just detrimental to your position.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:17 AM

9,459 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
She was a terrorist trying to disrupt Congress from setecuring our election. Bye Felicia!
Wow. so by your logic, the police should have just shot everyone, unarmed or not. How do you feel about BLM terrorists beating innocent bystanders? Same thing?

The police were wrong here.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:17 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
1) She was either trespassing or breaking and entering, both are misdemeanors.
2) Antifa and BLM were breaking into police stations for months, none of them were killed.
3) If an unarmed woman was breaking into a police station they would just laugh at her.
4) For the cop to shoot her, he would need to believe she posed a serious threat. I watched the videos countless times. I don't see it.
A serious threat has now been defined as someone disobeying a command and moving towards the officers or in some cases away from the officers, i can guarantee you that there isnt precedent of a cop being convicted because of that, and how qualified immunity works this is a non starter.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:20 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
The blood of the woman is on Trump's hands. He incited this violence and rioting. It really was terrorism. Don't downplay it. When you all are climbing the walls and attacking police. The place had to be evacuated. Everyone that works there were afraid for their lives. Bombs were planted at the dnc and rnc. Don't act like this wasn't terrorism.
Why wasn’t Obama and Biden accused of inciting riot when the White House was attacked by the mobs a few months ago and dozens of secret service were injured
Where was your moral outrage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies