Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 07:42 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
She was shot because she was attempting a coup d'état.

There was a time when real Republicans would have been aghast that people in their own party were not only openly fomenting sedition, but were taking over federal buildings to do it.

But I guess those days are long gone now. Today's GOP was on full display for the entire world to witness yesterday. All of those thugs breaking in at the capitol is today's Republican Party now. I hope people never forget it.
Oh please stop already. You're not helping your side at all. The vast majority of Republicans abhor the spectacle that happened yesterday and everyone knows it.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:43 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
she just happened to be there?

she was teleported without her permission?
There was a large crowd there she was a part of. Other videos show the police allowing the crowd into the building. There were officers right outside the door behind the woman and they were not ordering the people out of the building. They were also heavily armed and never saw enough of a threat to justify shooting. The woman was not one of the ones banging at the closed doors. It's our capitol building and it should not be closed when Congress is in a session. Bring the cop to court and let the courts decide if it was a justified shooting.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:45 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Is that right?

Let me be clear, she was attacking our Democracy alongside her fellow idiots. She was a Terrorist. I'm glad she's dead. I only wish the Capitol Police would change the rules of engagement to ensure that if something like this ever happens again they are able to shoot all of the Terrorists.

And I don't give two cruds that she was a veteran. Timothy McVeigh was a veteran and I'm glad he's dead too.

A protest is now considered attacking democracy, when protesting is protected by the constitution?
So when BLM and Antifa were burning down city blocks, that's perfectly fine.
But a few windows get broken in the Capitol building, which can easily be replaced, and that is justification for shooting an unarmed woman in the face? Really?

Old 01-07-2021, 07:45 AM

1,641 posts, read 1,646,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
She was a terrorist trying to disrupt Congress from securing our election. Bye Felicia!
The terrorists are all the ones in the Legislature that sold us to the Communist China and the international terrorism last night. They outraged the Constitution, they allowed and certified the great theft of votes from the people to give them to the losing candidate, insane and senile with a candidate for the vice presidency who is a communist devil who is going to end up taking away the few constitutional rights that we have left and is going to disarm to all of us.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:46 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
so i just watched the video.

She wasn’t an innocent bystander. She was climbing through a broken window with a huge backpack on and got popped by security.

some of you are intentionally lying to protect this woman but the video says otherwise.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Why did the police remove the barricades out front and allow the protesters to enter the building?

Video emerges of police moving barricades to allow rioters into US Capitol, taking selfies
https://www.news.com.au/technology/o...d23cf5536c5d02
because some police are sympathizers and I honestly believe they were ordered to let this happen by Trump
and his minions.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:48 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Why was gas not used inside? I watched a video in Oregon a few weeks back where the police prevented the people from entering with gas. there are non-lethal tools the police have.

There is a video of the police waving the people to come inside the building.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1346909463660396550

oregon incident where mace was used to prevent entrance. a lot better than bullets and more effective too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYovZYJY9Wo

Old 01-07-2021, 07:49 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,785,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
so i just watched the video.

She wasn’t an innocent bystander. She was climbing through a broken window with a huge backpack on and got popped by security.

some of you are intentionally lying to protect this woman but the video says otherwise.
Oh but shes a harmless veteran.

Yeah and that backpack could have had any number of harmful things in it.

When you are protecting members of congress you dont get to decide what is in the bag, you take out the person carrying it when they are actively coming at you. Especially if a VIP is standing behind you.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:50 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
If you agree with the police shooting an unarmed woman over a broken window in the Capitol building, then the next time BLM & leftists protest...if they break a window, then we or the police have the right to shoot them in the face? Is that what you're saying?
My local news station did a report not too long ago that detailed the number of people that did get shot in the face over the summer during the unrest.
Many lost eyes and/or are otherwise maimed or disfigured.
Most of them were unarmed as well.
From what I remember, the police response last summer was much more extreme in most cities than anything seen yesterday.
I also recall many now questioning what happened to this woman, expressing the idea that anyone damaging property, looting, etc. should be shot on sight.

It’s too bad that this woman died, but no idea why she and her compatriots should have been considered any less of a threat than those causing havoc last summer.
This was not a peaceful protest.

Remember that couple who waved guns at people for simply walking past their house?
Remember how they were regarded by many as within their rights to defend their property?

Old 01-07-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
A protest is now considered attacking democracy, when protesting is protected by the constitution?
So when BLM and Antifa were burning down city blocks, that's perfectly fine.
But a few windows get broken in the Capitol building, which can easily be replaced, and that is justification for shooting an unarmed woman in the face? Really?
lmao.. burning and looting was never fine.

protesting is fine but once you start burning, breaking glass and storming buildings its no longer a protest.

Did you think it was fine when BLM were “breaking a little glass?” I doubt it.

Same energy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies