Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 11:01 AM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
The man is completely unhinged and would do anything to stay in power, so what’s to stop him from riling his supporters into a militia to terrorize America? Our only hope then would be our government and citizens acting strongly enough to stop him.
He said there will be an orderly transition on Jan. 20, so this answers your question, which makes the rest of your post moot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 11:36 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times
Trumpers are cultists. They won't let up. No rational reasoning on the part of these folks. Judges, courts, and election officials across the nation confirmed that there was no "election fraud" in this election. Makes no difference to these people. Whatever Trump says--no matter how utterly idiotic, no matter how blatantly untrue, no matter how flatly seditious--is the Word of God to these people. They've essentially thrown the majority of the American people, justice and democracy itself under the bus in obedience to and on the word of a single moron. In other words: they are the "mob." They've always been around, historically, ready to pounce when given the chance. Pretty much that simple.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:37 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
He already said there will be a peaceful transition of power.
Whelp, that's off the table.

Maybe he could come out and make a newer statement, that he will not incite FURTHER violence during the transition?

Old 01-07-2021, 11:38 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,697 times
Yes, it's just the beginning, and, no, I'm not worried. It appears necessary.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:39 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
When? Jan 21? We are suppose to be in a transition already and its been anything but peaceful.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:40 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,078 times
Quote:
If you are referring to the statement he mad through Dan Scavino, he said there would be a peaceful transition. That's it. Just transition. To what, we don't know.

But since the statement also reiterated that he thinks he won, and referred to his "First term", I'm thinking he's still disconnected from reality and it will be a long two weeks.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:41 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Trumpers are cultists. They won't let up. No rational reasoning on the part of these folks. Judges, courts, and election officials across the nation confirmed that there was no "election fraud" in this election. Makes no difference to these people. Whatever Trump says--no matter how utterly idiotic, no matter how blatantly untrue, no matter how flatly seditious--is the Word of God to these people. They've essentially thrown the majority of the American people, justice and democracy itself under the bus in obedience to and on the word of a single moron. In other words: they are the "mob." They've always been around, historically, ready to pounce when given the chance. Pretty much that simple.
One thing I did see, is there seemed to be several kinds of people at the rally. Older people who left after the rally to go to their hotels/homes, some people who were enraged and bent on overthrowing the government racing to the capitol building and breeching the walls/windows/doors, and another group of those inside the capitol were just enjoying a day of being very, very naughty and taking selfies of themselves (and with the armed security, which is a serious concern) and basically swept up in the joy of being lawless. Like most of the looters look during street riots. Out having a lively afternoon.

It's those few (I'd say 10 percent) of those trespassers in the Capitol building who are a very grave concern. The others will be on to their next devil-may-care look at me look at me activity, but those bent on violent over throw of the government have been satisfied yet.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:43 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
there was a little trump protest yesterday and the trump haters are going crazy.

ok lets remind them of all the other protests and the BLM protests where stores were set fire to, looted, shall I go on?.

That Lightfoot lady is a freaking nut case, as is all the gouvenors that allowed that chaos to be happening in thier cities, hello Seattle????

but trump has a small protest last night and all these insane dems are going crazy.

is there something wrong with all of them???

Seattle and Minneapolis were almost burnt to the ground and thier nut job governors did absolutley nothing, freaking idiots

Last edited by nightcrawler; 01-07-2021 at 01:11 PM..

Old 01-07-2021, 11:43 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Whelp, that's off the table.

Maybe he could come out and make a newer statement, that he will not incite FURTHER violence during the transition?
I’m wondering where he told people to be violent. Did I miss that?

Old 01-07-2021, 11:49 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
there was a little trump protest yesterday and the trump haters are going crazy.

olets remind them of all the toher protests and the BLM protests where stores were set fire to, looted, shall i go on.

That Lightfoot lady is a freaking nut case, as is all the govenors that allowed that chaos to be happening in thier cities, hello Seattle????

but trump has a small protest last night and all these insane dems are going crazy.

is there something wrong with all of them.

Seattle and Minneapolis were almost burnt to the ground and thier nut job governors did absolutley nothing, freaking idiots
Your point of view is out of sync with most of the world. Leaders all over the globe weighed in on yesterday’s attack on our government. Nothing “small about that so called protest”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies