Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 12:56 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,049,080 times

Advertisements

https://us.yahoo.com/news/protester-...123737447.html

A Capitol protester pictured with his feet up in the offices of US House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi has been identified as Richard Barnett, a self-described 'white nationalist' Trump supporter from Arkansas.

Mr Barnett, 60, who was one of several protesters who stormed into Ms Pelosi's office, wrote her a "nasty note" and took a letter from her office addressed to a Republican Congressman.

After then fleeing outside, he waved the letter around and gave a foul-mouthed interview to a waiting reporters, where he complained of having been squirted with mace spray by police trying to protect the building.

He mockingly denied stealing the envelope, saying he had left some loose change on Ms Pelosi's desk by way of payment.

“I didn’t steal it. I bled on it because they were macing me and I couldn’t f—ing see,” Mr Barnett said, according to video posted on Twitter by a New York Times reporter.

“So I figure ‘well, I’m in her office, I got blood in her office, I’ll put a quarter on her desk even though she ain’t f—ing worth it."

He added: "When the police came in with pepper spray, “I said, ‘I paid for this, it’s mine,’ and I left."

Mr Barnett, who goes by the nickname of "Bigo", was accompanied into Ms Pelosi's office by several other President Trump supporters, all of them wearing “Make America Great Again” hats.

The letter he took from Ms Pelosi's office was addressed to Billy Long, a Republican Congressman in Missouri.

According to reports, Mr Barnett had previously been interviewed by media at a pro-Trump rally in November where he backed President Donald Trump's claims of voter fraud.

He claimed that he had tried to knock on Ms Pelosi's door first, and had simply been swept into her office by the crowds pushing behind him, but appeared to acknowledge that many people would not believe him.

“I’ll probably be telling them this is what happened all the way to the DC jail,” he said.

In a Facebook post he maintained under a pseudonym Mr Barnett earlier wrote “I am white. There is no denying that. I put my nation first. So that makes me a white nationalist.”

In another post from December, the Washington Post reported Mr Barnett wrote that he “came into this world kicking and screaming, covered in someone's else's blood,” before adding “I'm not afraid to go out the same way”.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
He sounds unapologetic for his behavior. He’s owning it all, in fact.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:02 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
He sounds unapologetic for his behavior. He’s owning it all, in fact.
Great! Perps confessing is super helpful at trial.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:04 PM

735 posts, read 654,853 times
I’d get that desk and chair replaced ASAP and the room deep-cleaned. No saying where that unwashed Trumper was before and how many COVID particles he spread.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:05 PM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
https://us.yahoo.com/news/protester-...123737447.html

A Capitol protester pictured with his feet up in the offices of US House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi has been identified as Richard Barnett, a self-described 'white nationalist' Trump supporter from Arkansas.
That's what "they" want you to believe. It was ANTIFA.

Just like the guy carrying a Q-ANON sign, he was ANTIFA too.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:05 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Great! Perps confessing is super helpful at trial.
It’s on him. I cracked up at the photos of these goofballs sitting in her chair, and I sincerely hope one or more of them had the foresight to fart in it. That doesn’t change my believe that they’ll have to answer for their crimes.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:12 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,698 times
I soooo want to buy that man a drink.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:17 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
The guys going to be a right wing hero. Hilarious photo. I actually want to meet him.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:17 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Why on earth are you talking about BLM? Insurgents overtook the capitol yesterday. That hasn't happened since 1812.
Domestic terrorists in the form of BLM and Pantifa have been burning, looting and murdering across the country for a year. They have launched a reign of terror on innocent bystanders and American citizens. To say nothing of attacking LEOs with firebombs and explosives. All with the support of the Democratic party. That hasn't happened since....ever?

Unlike yesterday, which was a peaceful protest actually directed at our political leadership-not terror against the American public.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:19 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,049,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
The guys going to be a right wing hero. Hilarious photo. I actually want to meet him.
Visiting hours at the D.C Central Detention Facility are Mon-Sat 12 PM to 5 PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies