Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 06:45 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,476,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I have heard that Trump's approval rating has actually gone UP since Jan 6th.
his RCP approval average is down with most polls ending 1/7 so i doubt the riot factored in yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2021, 06:55 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,465,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I have heard that Trump's approval rating has actually gone UP since Jan 6th.

No, it is going downwards.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Old 01-09-2021, 08:16 PM

5,937 posts, read 4,706,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Biden embarrassed himself and the country (Trump did too). All his name calling and his "shut up." He violated more standards than President Trump. So its good for Biden not to be set off.
You can't be serious. Name calling? That's Trump's calling card.

And you forget the context. Trump simply would not shut up during the 2 minute span of time when each candidate gets to speak uninterrupted. These are rules Trump agreed to. And he broke those rules so much that they opted to mute his microphone if he went over or interrupted in the third debate.

Old 01-09-2021, 11:20 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,580,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
To tell the truth, I didn't think he'd lose this election because there are so many who seem to think he's some kind of good guy. I didn't understand that in 2016, and I don't understand it now.

Well, to some degree I do understand. In 2016 I voted for someone not of the major parties, because I too am frankly sick of the same old same old, and I believe people just saw this guy who is entertaining and loud and says crazy things and had a TV show and they figured what the hell--he's got to be better than the standard-issue politician. I assumed Clinton would win, though, because I didn't think THAT many people would follow a man who was basically a clown that we've been watching act up in NYC to get attention for decades. Donald frikken Trump running for President seemed like a big joke to me right up to the night he won.

So this time, I didn't make that same mistake. Like many others, I voted for Biden because he is not Trump. Would have preferred Amy Klobuchar, but that wasn't happening. But this time I didn't throw my vote away, and I think there are many others like me who realized that what we did last time helped cause this disaster of the past four years.

I wish we could be like other countries such as the Netherlands and Canada who regularly have four or five viable candidates to choose from.
Take the last four elections as an example.

No matter who you personally voted for, Obama was going to win New Jersey in 2008 and 2012, Hillary was going to win New Jersey in 2016, and Biden was going to win New Jersey in 2020.

Old 01-10-2021, 03:40 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 11 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,606,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
He's not going. SMART decision, methinks.
I've heard rumors that Trump is going to have an armed revolt on January 17
https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...tter-protests/

Another possibility, Trump tries to flee the country before the inauguration.

TL;DR. I think Russia and Brazil are his most likely choices. Maybe a small country with a pro-Trump leader that isn't crossing my mind.

Old 01-10-2021, 03:14 PM
bu2

24,123 posts, read 14,925,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
You can't be serious. Name calling? That's Trump's calling card.

And you forget the context. Trump simply would not shut up during the 2 minute span of time when each candidate gets to speak uninterrupted. These are rules Trump agreed to. And he broke those rules so much that they opted to mute his microphone if he went over or interrupted in the third debate.
Did you not listen to the debate? Who called the other guy a "clown," and "idiot" and someone who never does anything but lie? When in the history of American debates has anyone used that language with their opponent. Interrupted is quite common in presidential debates, but both far exceeded the norm on that.

You don't seem to realize how stupid you look denying Biden's name calling.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:34 PM

4,884 posts, read 2,689,183 times
when I close my eyes I visualize Trump melting like the wicked witch of the west in the wizard of oz..

Old 01-10-2021, 10:19 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,476,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
when I close my eyes I visualize Trump melting like the wicked witch of the west in the wizard of oz..
i think that was giuliani melting.

Old 01-11-2021, 05:13 AM

230 posts, read 97,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
I've heard rumors that Trump is going to have an armed revolt on January 17
https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...tter-protests/

Another possibility, Trump tries to flee the country before the inauguration.

TL;DR. I think Russia and Brazil are his most likely choices. Maybe a small country with a pro-Trump leader that isn't crossing my mind.

If moving to another country was the plan, Israel may be the #1 stop. Didn't they name a city or part of a city after Trump? Also I think they minted coins with his face. Moving the embassy might have been a very big deal.

Old 01-11-2021, 10:24 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,610,277 times
so everyone is making a fuss about the Biden inauguration.

But, it signals the beginning of the problems he will inherit and it wont be fun. Already Biden promised a certain number of vaccine doses in 100 days. Already reports are there he overpromised.

He will have the possibility of the leftover business of Trump like if they do impeachment. Already that will interfere with him getting his cabinet together. And other things.

I think he may have more on his plate than he thinks. Will be interesting to see how he will handle or mishandle it.

So inauguration day might be the most fun day he will have going forward. Wait till he really has to do real business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies