Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 04:21 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
"Top priority is getting people vaccinated".... With a vaccine with ZERO long term studies completed and no real idea to the effectiveness due to the constantly mutating virus or the damage it really does to a person long term . LOL

these people man You have no guarantee the vaccine will even work. good lord
How many years do you want to go on like this?

No one knows the long term effects of Covid either. So far about 10% of people have symptoms for more than six months. They may be permanent..time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 04:22 PM

5,177 posts, read 3,091,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
You will never see a standalone bill from corrupt congress again. Everything will be "a comprehensive package."
More likely just continuing resolutions — no pesky budgets to worry about. I hear Pelosi has her staff working on a infrastructure bill, we have to rebuild the fallen state and union pension funds. Who knows, a road or bridge might accidentally get repaired.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:43 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henry View Post
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...pposed-manchin

With all the riot drama, few seem to have noticed that the 2,000 buck checks are unlikely to happen now. Manchin may be holding out for more but its a sign that he likely wont cave without getting exactly what he wants.
Excellent. Such a refreshing reasonable leader.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:43 PM

77 posts, read 32,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I happen to agree with Joe Manchin. I don't agree with a stimulus at this point. I agree with more COVID funds getting out to help people, but I don't think it should be in the form of an across the board mail out of money. Now, if it happens, it's not tragic to me, but I'd rather see a bit more precision going forward.
I agree. I do think there should be more stimulus checks, but not across the board. Many people were affected by the pandemic, and they need help. But many, myself included, we're not adversely affected, and some even saw financial benefit from the pandemic. Don't send me 2000. Sent those who are truly hurting MORE! They will be likely to spend that money right away and stimulate the economy. I would most likely just put it in savings, which does nothing for stimulate. Be logical, and send the money where it is most needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies