Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 06:53 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,923,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Do you know what's American in this case? Deciding you (general) don't want to support a private company you feel has a double standard and vote with your feet/money. They have no obligation to keep Trump on, but conversely, people have no obligation to use them. Capitalism FTW.
I know it wouldn’t matter to them and I kind of find it boring, but I deactivated my Twitter account today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 06:58 PM

761 posts, read 316,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I know it wouldn’t matter to them and I kind of find it boring, but I deactivated my Twitter account today.
I found the idea of it to be narcissistic to begin with so never signed up.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:00 PM

1,175 posts, read 551,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Putin, Kim Jong-Un, Jinping, Khamenei didn't, as our own POTUS did, incite insurrection against our country.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:04 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
Yes and no. President Trump actively orchestrated a coup which was a threat to National Security. I see both sides.
but...... we heard for years how Putin and russia influenced our elections. that is not as bad?

Old 01-08-2021, 07:07 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhammer View Post
I know. It's unbelievable, isn't it. The ONLY explanation is paid posters. They are literally the Borg.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
All of them should be suspended! Trump is a domestic terrorist like all the rest of them!
Twitter also removed a recent tweet trump placed on the POTUS account.

Quote:
President Donald Trump continued tweeting Friday evening using the government-owned @POTUS account, despite having his @realDonaldTrump account permanently suspended by Twitter earlier in the day.

“As I have been saying for a long time, Twitter has gone further and further in banning free speech, and tonight, Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and Radical Left in removing my account from their platform, to silence me,” Trump wrote in a series of tweets that are no longer visible on the social media service.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/08/trum...-platform.html

Old 01-08-2021, 07:28 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,361,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
So let me get this straight - Twitter has permanently banned the account of The President Of The United States, but not:
  • Communist Russian President Vladimir Putin;
  • Communist North Korea’s Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un;
  • Communist China’s President Xi Jinping; and
  • Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei...
Does ANYONE else see a problem with this?
Maybe if he would stop trying encouraging insurrection against the country he took an oath to protect, they wouldn't have banned him.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:35 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,887,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
That said, I swear some Dems in Congress are running around acting terrified. Is it possible Trump is his holding his ace card? Meaning might he just tell the country about all of the secret BS going that some Dems (and some Repubs) hope Americans don't find out about for another 50 years. Look the a-hole will be gone in less than 2 weeks, and Dems want to impeach NOW, NOW, NOW. They are scared of something.
Nah that’s just talk radio fantasy. They do that every so often. They say the Democrats are acting scared for some reason.

But obviously they are not. Why would they impeach him if they were afraid of what he might do if irritated? Why provoke him like that if they are scared. If you think about it the premise makes no sense. Trump is as weak as ever and the Democrats know it.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:37 PM

761 posts, read 316,840 times
DESPITE what you see on TV and read in the newspaper... President Trump has said a LOT of crazy stuff in his tweets the past four years... Let's examine them:

He said: My offices are bugged. He was right.
He said: The FBI, CIA, DOJ and the Obama administration were plotting against him. He was right.
He said: The media both liberal and social are liars. He labeled them FAKE NEWS. He was right.
He said: Russian collision was a hoax. He was right.
He said: He could bring manufacturing back. He was right.
He said: If we build a wall and manage immigration it will create jobs. He was right.
He said: Joe and Hunter got rich off of shady corrupt deals with the Ukraine and China. He was right.
He said: New trade deals would be better for the people. He was right.
He said: Moving the embassy to Jerusalem would be the right decision. He was right
He said: Getting us out of un-winnable wars would create peace. He was right.
He said the Clintons were corrupt. He was right, and they still are!
He said: Jobs are worth way more than welfare so he gave the people jobs. He was right.
He said: Our government is filled with corrupt people and he would fight to drain the swamp. He was right.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:38 PM

4,146 posts, read 2,842,214 times
I think he just made a LinkedIn account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies