Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2021, 09:45 AM

9,473 posts, read 10,820,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
Censor the crap out of that terrorist garbage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
What the h are you even talking about.
He is talking about violating your first amendment rights..

Leftists are the enemy of freedom and of America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2021, 10:05 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,227,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post

You do not have first amendment rights to post on a private companies platform. Read the TOS before you click agree.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:09 AM

10,126 posts, read 7,792,278 times
They claim they removed the access to the Parler app to prevent violence. What in the world do they think will happen by shutting up people? Nothing? That is far more encouraging violence than to simply let them have their freedom of speech. They are provoking people to act out instead of speak out.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:11 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,388,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow
How can one tell the truth is being told?
Fakebook blocks it.
Twitard bans it
Gaggle hides it
Snoozetube deletes it
Government censors it
& the Lamestream media never mentions it.
That's not always true, but it's a good rule of thuimb.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:16 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,226,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
And nearly 30% of people get their news from social media now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/petersu...h=4eff67fc3e17

To use an extreme example, if I didn’t actually create a KKK newsletter but just delivered it that would be OK? Obviously not. But replace it with a left- or right-leaning article that’s not straight news and it’s still influencing people. The fact that these idiots are actually influenced is another issue.

As I don’t have any conspiracy theories I would have no problem with removing this whole section as well as any political talk from C-D.
Again, they do not create or generate news. They allow users to take "news" from other sources and share among friends. What next, regulate email because some whacko MAGA emails a story because a self proclaimed "expert" said there was fraud?

That's like saying 30% of people pick up the newspaper at Dunkin Donuts so they should be regulated too.

And with your extreme example, yes that would be OK. If there is nothing against the creation of a KKK newsletter then why should there be regulation on who can and can't deliver it?

I find it truly amazing that the party of "no new regulations" wants regulations because they think they can use social media to spread false "fraud" stories but get their feelings hurt when they get called out on it.

Let's call it for what it is here. Any person of average intelligence knows that Facebook and Twitter do not create news content.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:17 AM

612 posts, read 240,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I consider a "safe place" as a place where no matter what you say, no matter what, it won't be removed.

And in that way, it's a very safe place for radicals to meet and make plans to damage our country.
Well then neither City Data or Parler are a safe space. You cannot threaten harm or call for harm on either. You will get banned on both.

Someone incorrectly saying the election was stolen is not causing harm or calling for harm. It’s just a thought and discussion.

If people call post the organize and event for the purpose of harm or destruction, both City Data and Parler will block them. It is a false idea that Parler allows people to threaten or call for violence.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:18 AM

43,189 posts, read 18,342,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
They claim they removed the access to the Parler app to prevent violence. What in the world do they think will happen by shutting up people? Nothing? That is far more encouraging violence than to simply let them have their freedom of speech. They are provoking people to act out instead of speak out.
They would rather have them on Twitter so they can track them better.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:20 AM

43,189 posts, read 18,342,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Again, they do not create or generate news. They allow users to take "news" from other sources and share among friends. What next, regulate email because some whacko MAGA emails a story because a self proclaimed "expert" said there was fraud?

That's like saying 30% of people pick up the newspaper at Dunkin Donuts so they should be regulated too.

And with your extreme example, yes that would be OK. If there is nothing against the creation of a KKK newsletter then why should there be regulation on who can and can't deliver it?

I find it truly amazing that the party of "no new regulations" wants regulations because they think they can use social media to spread false "fraud" stories but get their feelings hurt when they get called out on it.

Let's call it for what it is here. Any person of average intelligence knows that Facebook and Twitter do not create news content.
Facebook is a cesspool of lies and rumors and no one is calling them out.
They get their wrists slapped, remove some pages and in no time it's back to same ole, same ole with them.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:31 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,226,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Facebook is a cesspool of lies and rumors and no one is calling them out.
They get their wrists slapped, remove some pages and in no time it's back to same ole, same ole with them.
I honestly don't know how else I can say it.

Facebook is a platform. Users create, share and post content.

Facebook "getting their wrists slapped" would be the same as allowing the cops into your workplace and reprimanding the MAGA followers standing around the water cooler talking about how the election was stolen.

Whether you believe it was stolen or not is irrelevant. Multiple courts of law, including the SCOTUS said the election was legitimate and therefore you are spreading lies and you and your employer should be punished.

See how foolish your argument is?

I guess the other question is where does Parler fit into this? I see plenty of conspiracy theories and "fraud" information there. Why do you only pick on facebook?

Old 01-09-2021, 10:34 AM

19,259 posts, read 17,124,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post

And the right will use any means to ensure that only their views are in place as we saw in Washington, spare me..

Last edited by VA Yankee; 01-09-2021 at 10:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies