Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2021, 10:58 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Democrats say the same about Republicans.
Name one democrats’ policy that can be implemented without violence or threat of violence.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:59 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
..and if the news had been half way honest...and reported fairly on Obama...instead of lying a covering up

"Obama had no scandals"

just weaponized our own government and used it against his political opponents....the IRS

caught red handed tapping our political allies private phones and emails...Merkel, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, etc

sold guns to Mexican cartels....then lost them all

evaded Federal open record laws by using private servers

biggest data breach in the Federal governments history

Benghazi.....

....Obama's admiration would have gone right out the window...he was just as crooked as all the rest...maybe even more
Spied on team Trump.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:09 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,363,612 times
If you take an honest look at the last two presidents, obama was a lot more of a wannabe dictator than Trump ever thought of being.

He weaponized practically ever alphabet soup agency and turned them loose on people and businesses.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:14 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
Back to the Title. I do not understand why hardcore Trumpers do not get this.
rating the opposing opinions or party members, it is not productive.
The more hardcore you get in politics, the more the focus turns to hot button issues, such as race relations and immigrants, and away from policies. They're easily manipulated because the slogan is more important than details. I'm sure Thatcher had her many slogans. Clinton was known as a policy wonk, but if you listen to him closely, you find that the information is very superficial. I think that's the way it is with advocates and their message. They avoid treading on mitigating information because it weakens the sales job. Trump gets away with claiming to control immigration or protecting US workers, but he proposing greatly expanding the worker visas coming into the US so companies can get them cheap on a rotating basis with the threat of losing their visas.

It comes down to the truth that people don't read. They will only see the first sentence at most.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:29 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,150 times
Trump won because people like to blame immigrants for their failures. Seems to be a stigma being poor with certain white people of America. Its easy and appealing to blame immigrants instead of looking at their own failures. Instead of saying "I didnt live up to my potential to make more money, they say "Immigrants took away my potential for better work".
They will blame anyone else but themselves. THATS why rural America voted for trump. Because theyre not very smart. I dont know why any other reasonable person would vote for trump while citing immigration laws.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:31 AM

20,323 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
..and if the news had been half way honest...and reported fairly on Obama...instead of lying a covering up

"Obama had no scandals"

just weaponized our own government and used it against his political opponents....the IRS

caught red handed tapping our political allies private phones and emails...Merkel, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, etc

Benghazi.....on and on and on

....Obama's admiration would have gone right out the window...he was just as crooked as all the rest...maybe even more
I don't think a single D voter even cares about any of that.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:

"Obama had no scandals"

Benghazi.....on and on and on

Also, it was during Obamas term that the tough Opioid prescription drug laws were created...(which GREATLY benefited the Mexican drug cartels)...

Apparently 'Mexican cartels' have more power/influence than 'big pharma' does!!

Old 01-10-2021, 11:39 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Trump won because people like to blame immigrants for their failures. Seems to be a stigma being poor with certain white people of America. Its easy and appealing to blame immigrants instead of looking at their own failures. Instead of saying "I didnt live up to my potential to make more money, they say "Immigrants took away my potential for better work".
They will blame anyone else but themselves. THATS why rural America voted for trump. Because theyre not very smart. I dont know why any other reasonable person would vote for trump while citing immigration laws.
Well, as an immigrant myself who voted for Trump in 2016 I was consciously aware of 2 things:

- illegal immigration taking away opportunities for Americans

- the abuse of H1-B visas to take away American tech jobs.

Both are related to the undercutting of wages by non-immigrants, which has nothing to do with legal immigration.

Old 01-10-2021, 11:44 AM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
well he didn't really win. did not win the popular vote. Lost by 3 million?

Old 01-10-2021, 11:50 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
I don't understand it either, but it sure is a strong pull..I 'had' a good buddy of 40 years tell me if I didn't vote for Trump, he would never speak to me again..whaaat?..he hasn't spoken to me since..
that proves that sometimes our friends are smarter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies